Third Strike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Third Strike

I was not on the forum when this song appeared but I really love almost everything about it. Have always had some questions

1. When do you all think it was recorded? And what project do you all think it was intended for? I get kind of a darkish vibe but assume its not Funeral related because it sounds older.

2. I feel like when Wayne says for Funeral he is trying to make stuff that sounds like newer music where its nice to hear and less heavy on the lyrical substance, more hooks etc. it makes me think of this song because I think he did that so so well here. Its so catchy and chill and pretty simple lyrically, all the things that make a popular song. And his voice sounds awesome. Why do you all think this did not make a project?

3. How do you all rate it? I put it in my top 30ish maybe 8.5/10, points off only for some questionable lyrics

It Was Rekorded For Funeral

Comment

OG WM days!

#FREEVELVET

Comment

Third Strike is so unique to me. I believe they wouldn't put it on an official release because it's too mellow but to me it's just a style that Wayne does very rarely these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Zodiac! View Post
          Third Strike is so unique to me. I believe they wouldn't put it on an official release because it's too mellow but to me it's just a style that Wayne does very rarely these days.
          Song is amazing honestly

#FREEVELVET

Comment

This was one of my favourite songs of the year it dropped in. I always hoped Funeral would have a similar vibe but who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockMeOut View Post
              This was one of my favourite songs of the year it dropped in. I always hoped Funeral would have a similar vibe but who knows.
              There is the og funeral from 2016 and the one where he is featuring artists like lil baby no offense to lil baby.

Comment

So do you all think it could be OG Funeral? Wayne has spoken about it since at least 2016 in which case the sessions would include songs older than that, so seems possible. I am just really curious, agree the song is super unique that's why I can't quite place it

Comment

I always assumed that this, He's Dead, Grateful, maybe Quasimodo and Vizine were Funeral songs.

Comment

Okay thank you, have been more inclined to group it with FWA but since He's Dead is on that and that's clearly very Funeralish I guess the better way to think of it is that it may have originated from Funeral since it also has that feel and reflects that song structure he said he was going for...thank you!!

Comment

third strike is one of my favorite ever wayne songs no cap, it's amazing

Comment

third strike is top tier but honestly no way to tell what project it was for, prob recorded after FWA which doesn't narrow it down much

Comment

Working...
                        X