Third Strike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DLynn14 View Post
    I was not on the forum when this song appeared but I really love almost everything about it. Have always had some questions

1. When do you all think it was recorded? And what project do you all think it was intended for? I get kind of a darkish vibe but assume its not Funeral related because it sounds older.

2. I feel like when Wayne says for Funeral he is trying to make stuff that sounds like newer music where its nice to hear and less heavy on the lyrical substance, more hooks etc. it makes me think of this song because I think he did that so so well here. Its so catchy and chill and pretty simple lyrically, all the things that make a popular song. And his voice sounds awesome. Why do you all think this did not make a project?

3. How do you all rate it? I put it in my top 30ish maybe 8.5/10, points off only for some questionable lyrics
    1. 2018.

2. It leaked.

3. Top 30 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockMeOut View Post
      I always assumed that this, He's Dead, Grateful, maybe Quasimodo and Vizine were Funeral songs.
      vizine was for the ethnika project

Comment

Originally posted by Shake View Post
        1. 2018.

2. It leaked.

3. Top 30 as well.
        Super curious how we know it was recorded in 2018? Also I was under the impression leakers of Wayne music are generally more ethical these days and won't preempt something that was going to be officially released. I guess I assumed if it was leaked, unless it was a bad actor type like pharmabro, it was already known to be not making an album or to be older?

Comment

i think suits more velvet than funeral

Comment

Originally posted by thecarter19 View Post
            third strike is top tier but honestly no way to tell what project it was for, prob recorded after FWA which doesn't narrow it down much
            No feelin third strike like some of yall on here. its hella mid. maybe if we got mastered version i might like it more

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by DLynn14 View Post
            Super curious how we know it was recorded in 2018? Also I was under the impression leakers of Wayne music are generally more ethical these days and won't preempt something that was going to be officially released. I guess I assumed if it was leaked, unless it was a bad actor type like pharmabro, it was already known to be not making an album or to be older?
            it doesnt sound like 2018 stuff.
            Don't get too high to look over blessings

Comment

Originally posted by when_it_snow_im_on_top View Post
              No feelin third strike like some of yall on here. its hella mid. maybe if we got mastered version i might like it more.
              I feel like you just said that about my child

Comment

one of his best newer tracks feels like it would be for funeral.

- - - Updated - - -

one of his best newer tracks feels like it would be for funeral.

Comment

third strike was on repeat for a very long time when it first dropped.

Comment

No way third strike is 2018 tho

Comment

Waynes best songs are leaks.....

Dear Mr. ImTooGoodToDropAnAlbum

Comment

Originally posted by FreeCV View Post
                        Waynes best songs are leaks.....
                        third strike aint that good

Comment