Tha Carter V has aged gracefully

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shake View Post
    I think Uproar might be the worst song on the album...... but Tunechi's team decided to go with that as the single
    bcuz thats probably the only club banger on the album and fans liked it. they still play that song at sporting events

Comment

Originally posted by mania983 View Post
      for me those songs bring you some energy and makes you hype, kinda like Wild Dogs, I Do It, Line Em Up from Funeral
      Yeah he's got a nice flow on those I'm not debating that. Lyrics are complete trash though. Forgive me for being so blunt but nothing intelligent happens after Lamar on the tape.

Comment

Originally posted by mania983 View Post
        for me those songs bring you some energy and makes you hype, kinda like Wild Dogs, I Do It, Line Em Up from Funeral
        Line em up *shiver* that Song b is so bad

#FREEVELVET

Comment

I never disliked this album since it came out.
          It's still dope,I'm still listening to it every now and again.

Comment

Carter V an incredible album and on some days I like it better than C2, it needs more love fr

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Zodiac! View Post
            I've liked Carter 5 after the first listen and I still like it. So there wasn't much growing or getting familiar with it necessary for me to feel it.
            It's just a very well rounded well constructed piece of music. 23 tracks, not one outright bad song for me. A Mature, introspective and thoughtful Wayne going over the struggles and tribulations of his status in the game and label issues and feeling betrayed and backstabbed.
            It was everything I wanted Carter 5 to be and more.
            With that being said, naturally I assumed this is the Wayne we will be getting on projects from now on and there is no more "I shoot that nigga and fuck this bitch but also fuck that bitch on her period" Lil Wayne with one poor and boring and uninspired line after another.
            On the other hand this makes Carter 5 his last truely good project as the writing has been on the wall since Funeral if were being honest.
            YES yes yes, my thoughts exactly. The perfect album for where wayne was at his career.

IMO the writing hasn't been bad since then. It's just Wayne choosing to be like these new rappers and giving us uninspired lines. I know he can still rap introspective like that, its just he has it in his head that that's not gonna sell or smth

Comment

Originally posted by Tha Mobb View Post
              Carter V an incredible album and on some days I like it better than C2, it needs more love fr

- - - Updated - - -

YES yes yes, my thoughts exactly. The perfect album for where wayne was at his career.

IMO the writing hasn't been bad since then. It's just Wayne choosing to be like these new rappers and giving us uninspired lines. I know he can still rap introspective like that, its just he has it in his head that that's not gonna sell or smth
              I'm actually leaning towards he'd rather rap about nothing than to rap about real subjects. It's just for a Carter album he is forced to have some subject matter.
              At the end of the day it's okay for gangsta rap to be about gangsta shit and that's where Wayne comes from obviously. Furthermore it's even possible to make rap about fucking bitches interesting and entertaining with lines like
              "And I murder that pussy, and I ain't leave a clue
              Cause I put her on her knees and made her swallow all the proof" (euro)
              With those period lines I think wayne tries to come up with at least memorable shit somehow but it's only awkward as a result.

Comment

Originally posted by Zodiac! View Post
                I'm actually leaning towards he'd rather rap about nothing than to rap about real subjects. It's just for a Carter album he is forced to have some subject matter.
                At the end of the day it's okay for gangsta rap to be about gangsta shit and that's where Wayne comes from obviously. Furthermore it's even possible to make rap about fucking bitches interesting and entertaining with lines like
                "And I murder that pussy, and I ain't leave a clue
                Cause I put her on her knees and made her swallow all the proof" (euro)
                With those period lines I think wayne tries to come up with at least memorable shit somehow but it's only awkward as a result.
                I honestly feel like he allows himself to be influenced by people like Hoodybaby with nonsense like

"I fuck your bitch up in the shower...
                SPOILERthat's a shower fuck!"

Comment

That shouldn't be allowed on a No Ceilings. It is allowed, though, cause Wayne raps like that too.

Comment

Originally posted by Shake View Post
                    I think Uproar might be the worst song on the album...... but Tunechi's team decided to go with that as the single
                    and looks how successful it was. If it was Wayne, he could have picked I love You Dwayne as the single

Comment

soon as it came i was pissed that some of the hottest snippet wasn't on it, but after one week or so i couldn't stop bumping it

Comment

Originally posted by Zimmie View Post
                        everytime i listen to Tha Carter V i find a new favourite moment or song its such a great album one of waynes best all time
                        og cv or official c5?

Comment

Originally posted by KnockMeOut View Post
                          I honestly feel like he allows himself to be influenced by people like Hoodybaby with nonsense like

"I fuck your bitch up in the shower...
                          SPOILERthat's a shower fuck!"
                          And then Wayne in the background with the hype up adlibs

Comment

Working...
                          X