Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lil Wayne Goes Federal, Hires Ex-FBI Worker For Gun Case

By Bigweezyfan1
    Lil Wayne has reportedly hired a former FBI geneticist to help him in his New York felony gun case and prove his innocence.
    Click here to find out more!

While Wayne has yet to confirm, reports claim the rapper has hired Bruce Budowle to assist in the case.

Lil Wayne is hoping Budowle will get him off the hook for the .40-caliber semiautomatic cops grabbed from his tour bus near Columbus Circle two years ago.Wayne has hired him in hopes of challenging the DNA test that matched him to cells swabbed off the gun. Budowle is set to argue that, with too few cells to test conventionally, Manhattan prosecutors relied instead on a problematic test called low copy number typing, according to court papers. (The New York Post)

A New York judge previously decided to re-open a hearing concerning the weapon found on Weezy's tour bus in 2007 after learning of an alleged conversation he had with a police officer.

Wayne appeared before a Manhattan Superior Court Judge for his gun-possession charge stemming from a 2007 arrest, but did not speak as his lawyer filed a motion for additional discovery that will see the arresting officer called into court. His legal team and the state's attorney met with the judge in private last week and it was determined the hearing of the original witnesses would be reopened. (MTV)

One of Weezy's assistants testified in a New York court last fall and said he "occassionally" noticed guns and drugs on the rapper's bus.

Wayne's assistant Terry Bourgeois took the stand yesterday (October 19) in regards to the case, to address whether or not he believed there was a gun on the vehicle. Despite saying he had no knowledge of any weapons in the vehicle at the time, Bourgeois did confess to "occasionally" seeing a handgun and people smoking marijuana while on the same tour bus on separate occasions. Although he also said he never saw Wayne in possession of a firearm. (SOHH)

Despite his testimony, the rapper's lawyer previously said police had no right to search the vehicle.

Stacey Richman, appeared in court yesterday (September 10) debunking recent statements made by NY police officer Diane Hornung who testified against the rapper earlier this week. While Hornung claims she noticed marijuana smoke coming from his tour bus following a concert on July 22, 2007, Richman pointed out the officer's distance being an outstanding factor. "She wasn't anywhere near where she said she was [at the time of the incident]," he said. (New York Daily News)

No further information regarding Wayne's case has been revealed as of today (July 7).

[Click here to stay updated and follow SOHH on Twitter]
    http://www.sohh.com/2009/07/lil_wayn...ederal_hi.html

And crazy�s what they callin� me, but crazy isn�t hardly what I am
    Try creatively retarded or amazingly rewarded

Re: Lil Wayne Goes Federal, Hires Ex-FBI Worker For Gun Case

Go big or go home.
    Ya dig?
    Tha Carter Franchise <3

Comment

Originally posted by YoungMoneyEnt
      Go big or go home.
      Ya dig?
      hummm?

And crazy�s what they callin� me, but crazy isn�t hardly what I am
      Try creatively retarded or amazingly rewarded

Comment

Originally posted by YoungMoneyEnt
        Go big or go home.
        Ya dig?
        Yeah exactly

Smoke good, eat good.
        Only fuck a bitch if her throat good, feet good.
        Just bought a fleetwood, and imma put some D&#39;s on that bitch.
        Looking like i gotta diamond disease on my wrist.

Comment

Working...
        X