Update on the Dj Drama and Cash Money Lawsuit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on the Dj Drama and Cash Money Lawsuit

so heres the end of the Dj Drama and Cash Money Lawsuit.Dj Drama won it and here it is.

DJ Drama has reportedly had a Cash Money lawsuit against him thrown out of court which cited the Aphilliates head responsible for copyright infringement

While Cash Money has yet to confirm, online reports claim the case has been dropped.

The record label's case was thrown out by federal court judge Miriam Cedarbaum, for failure to clearly state any causes of action upon which relief could be granted, lawyers for DJ Drama confirmed. Cash Money's lawsuit was an amended version of a previous complaint that was withdrawn after being served, however, despite the outcome of the case, BCD's lawyer, Wallace Collins, revealed that Cedarbaum gave Cash Money until September 9 to re-file a second amended complaint if they choose to further pursue the case. (All Hip Hop)
    Drama recently revealed details surrounding the case and said it was a matter of "business."

"If anybody looks at the paperwork, they'll see it's just more than DJ Drama and Lil Wayne," Drama said in an interview. "It's other parties involved and what have you. I knew that from the top. When it broke, those guys Makin Moves Entertainment and they are deejays who were also served, they had their feelings on the situation, shout-out to them. I have no type of negative things to say about them, they went about it in a way that they felt was necessary for them...Me and Wayne have had a rocky road at times but it's bigger than DJ Drama and Lil Wayne and that's the thing I wanted to get across even with my first statement. I've spoken to Baby since then, we've got on the phone, with the e-mail and me and him will moved forward with the situation. Now it's to the point there's attorneys involved and legal matters so now it's not as cut and dry as me and Baby saying 'Okay cool, it's over.' I don't have anything negative to say about those guys. Shout-out to Cash Money, shout-out to Wayne, Baby...It's business. I did a lot for Lil Wayne's career. Wayne did a lot for my career." (Gyant Unplugged)
    Despite being named in the suit, Drama initially issued a statement which said his ties with Weezy would not be severed.

"This is not a case of Lil Wayne vs. DJ Drama," he wrote. "Me and Wayne are good. I am confident that this matter will be resolved quickly without harming the relationships between myself, Wayne and Cash Money Records. However, due to the ongoing nature of this litigation I do not wish to make any further comments." (Statement)
    Cash Money attorney Candace Carponter previously confirmed the lawsuit's authenticity and broke down its main defendants earlier this year.

She confirmed to the authenticity of the documents. Carponter clarified that the lawsuit, stemming from an ongoing case against BCD Music Group, an independent distribution company based in Texas, has not been pushed by Lil Wayne directly, but by his recording home. "BCD claimed the right to sell the music," Carponter said, noting the contracts the company said it signed with the parties, including Drama. "So we named them in complaints and they have 30 days to answer the charges, based on when they receive the papers." (MTV News)

http://www.sohh.com/2009/07/dj_drama...ash_money.html

Re: Update on the Dj Drama and Cash Money Lawsuit

Weird. strait i guess
    Tha Carter Franchise <3

Comment

so wait, what the fuck did this resolve?
      Still long hair, don't care like a Navajo

I'm spittin new shit, u shud check it out
      viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8792

Comment

i think its crazy.

And crazy�s what they callin� me, but crazy isn�t hardly what I am
        Try creatively retarded or amazingly rewarded

Comment

Damn.

Comment

hmmm.weird case goinq on here
            as lonq as weezy and Drama are good than its good for
            us, coz we still need that D4.
            "Yeah I be with dem different hoes, No i mean dem different hoes"

chek out my battle: who wins: http://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/vie...p=20419#p20419

Comment

Working...
            X