Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Pleas Guilty To AZ Drug Charge, Might Not Have To Serve Time

Lil Wayne takes plea in Yuma case, carter, drug, plea - News - YumaSun
    Rapper Lil Wayne may not have to spend any time behind bars in Arizona on drug and weapon charges once he gets out of jail in New York, after entering a plea agreement with prosecutors in Yuma County Superior Court Friday morning.

During a short change of plea hearing, in which he appeared via video feed from a New York jail, Lil Wayne, whose real name is Dwayne Carter, pleaded guilty to one count of possession of a dangerous drug. The charge stems from a Jan. 22, 2008, incident in which the rapper's tour bus was stopped at a U.S. Border Patrol checkpoint near Dateland, 78 miles east of Yuma, where authorities said they found cocaine, Ecstasy and a handgun on his tour bus.

A search of the bus by Drug Enforcement Administration agents yielded nearly four ounces of marijuana, just over an ounce of cocaine, 41 grams of Ecstasy and miscellaneous drug paraphernalia. DEA agents then arrested Carter.

Officials also found a .40-caliber pistol registered to Carter, who has a concealed weapons permit in Florida.

The Grammy Award-winning rapper is currently serving an eight-month jail term in New York after pleading guilty last October to attempted criminal possession of a weapon. He admitted to having a loaded .40-caliber semiautomatic gun on his tour bus. He began serving his sentence in March.

Carter, who has been one of music's most profitable figures in recent years, could receive 36 months of probation for the Yuma charge, which is scheduled to begin once his New York sentence is over, according to the terms of the plea agreement.

In exchange for Carter's guilty plea, charges of possession of a narcotic drug for sale, misconduct involving weapons and possession of drug paraphernalia against him were dismissed.

Superior Court Judge Mark Wayne Reeves, who is presiding over the case, will sentence Carter at 8:15 a.m. on June 30.

Damn, Wayne is gonna have to be "Drug Free" for some years
    Last edited by EastsideBoi89; 06-19-2010, 04:00 AM.

Re: Wayne Pleas Guilty To AZ Drug Charge, Won't Have To Serve Time

I'm so glad he's not getting anymore time

So does this mean he may not be going on tour for a while?

"ashdgakg adwudgashdga askjdh how to love" � lil wayne

Comment

good. more music.

Comment

This is good but it isn't for sure right?
        Like there is still a possibilty he may have to serve a little time right?
        And 3 years probation? I'm sure he will have to drop drug tests often but he'll find ways to blaze lol.
        Hopefully he doesn't become a alcoholic haha
        Tha Carter Franchise <3

Comment

best news ive heard in a while

Comment

Originally posted by YoungMoneyEnt View Post
            This is good but it isn't for sure right?
            Like there is still a possibilty he may have to serve a little time right?
            And 3 years probation? I'm sure he will have to drop drug tests often but he'll find ways to blaze lol.
            Hopefully he doesn't become a alcoholic haha
            I don't think so. It says "according to the terms of the plea agreement"

Comment

i just shit myself. Not really, but Congrats on Wayne to that. May he continue his rap career and keep it drug free.

Comment

Thank the Lord. Thank the Lord. Thank the Lord. Thank The Lord.

Comment

Rapper Lil Wayne may not have to spend any time behind bars in Arizona on drug and weapon charges once he gets out of jail in New York, after entering a plea agreement with prosecutors in Yuma County Superior Court Friday morning.
                  Still not confirmed

Comment

This is great news and if it is reported I'm sure it will happen. But if he gets caught with marijuana that will break his probation and he will get locked up, right?

Here's a picture of his judge:

Do you think he looks like a dick or a nice dude?

Comment

Amazing news!

Comment

Originally posted by Artille View Post
                        This is great news and if it is reported I'm sure it will happen. But if he gets caught with marijuana that will break his probation and he will get locked up, right?

Here's a picture of his judge:

Do you think he looks like a dick or a nice dude?
                        imo he looks like fag

Comment

Working...
                        X