Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MTV's hottest MC in the game 2009 (Lil Wayne and Drake)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MTV's hottest MC in the game 2009 (Lil Wayne and Drake)

The "Hottest MCs in the Game" is back! It's highly regarded, extremely controversial and bolder than ever. We're proud to announce that starting next Monday (August 17), we'll begin to reveal our list of hip-hop's top 10 kings of 2009 on MTVNews.com. This one is going to be a doozy!

click here to vote http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/161792 ... tory.jhtml

As always, the MTV News Hip-Hop Brain Trust has been keeping a close collective eye and ear to the game. We've been watching who's been moving the needle on the culture, who has impacted the game with superior skill, unmatched style and uncannily superior execution with their art and business. It's not just music � it's about a movement. The Brain Trust sequestered ourselves and deliberated a ranking, and the results will begin to be revealed next week � with the unveiling of the top spot happening on Diddy's "Making His Band" airing August 24 at 10 p.m.

For the MCs who think they belong on the list, ask yourselves the same questions the Brain Trust members ask themselves: Has your heat been sustaining? You can't just be hot in your 'hood or in your region. Does your reach go national � and international? Can you set the globe on fire?

Last year, thousands and thousands joined in on the conversation we first sparked in 2007. Last year was Kanye West's time: He took the crown from the champ of two years ago, Lil Wayne. 'Ye killed guest spots such as Young Jeezy's "Put On," and his Graduation was the opus of its time.

In 2009, we want you to put up and definitely not shut up. . Each time we reveal another pick on our list, comment on it. Send e-mails, send video � we're going to put lots of it out there. And today, blast off! We want you to start sending in your lists � but be sure you're talking about the Hottest MC right now, not of all time (we already gave Jay-Z that trophy a couple of years back). There's a poll below with names of certain Let your frustrations or your props be heardselected MCs: All you have to pick the name you feel is the hottest right now. The results will be tabulated. So get to it!

P.S. I don't take credit for the article but I do take credit for the link

Re: MTV's hottest MC in the game 2009 (Lil Wayne and Drake)

I've been waiting for this shit, last year they cheated wayne, i mean come on he was on 118 songs, and 78 songs in '07 he should of won, not talking about his album at all.. drake may come in the top 3 but his not international so he won't win. it's gonna be between lil wayne and t.i

wayne for president

Y.O.L.O

Comment

LMFAO right now JOE BUDDEN is leading
      LMFAO
      LMFAO
      LMFAO
      LMFAO
      LMFAO

Comment

Damn! yeah the g-unit, slaughterhouse, and eminem fans are voting like crazy

To vote as much as you want, delete your current history if your on firefox press and hold ctrl+shift+Del internet exp option-remove history

Y.O.L.O

Comment

weezy would murder every single person on that list
          i know wayne aint the beefin' type but get him in the mood and he will drop bombs on them.

Comment

I dont even think they count the votes online, because last year they decided who was the best at the last min

Y.O.L.O

Comment

VOTE VOTE VOTE
              Syrup, percocet, and an eighth a day will leave you broke, depressed, and emotionally vacant
              Despite how Lil' Wayne lives
              It's not conducive to being creative
              And I know cause he's my favorite
              And I know cause I was off that same mix
              Rationalize the shit that I'd try after I listen to "Dedication"
              But he's an alien
              I'd sip that shit
              Pass out or play PlayStation.

Comment

sorry but EM deserves this, he has finally returned to the game and has the most album sales and 2 number 1 hits this year so Eminem should win this by far
                The Best Rappers Alive

Comment

Originally posted by Young Luc
                  sorry but EM deserves this, he has finally returned to the game and has the most album sales and 2 number 1 hits this year so Eminem should win this by far
                  He comes back with relapse average album, no tour, no other tracks, no ther guest appearances, and a good first week sales in this time.

Wayne came with 2 official mixtapes, 3 unofficial mixtapes, 50 guest appearances, 2 tours, working on 5 albums at once, putting his label on the game rap, unstop hard effort working dude in the industry. since wayne got cheated last year for the number one spot. he deserve this year #1 spot more then before

Y.O.L.O

Comment

Eminem also had two other tracks the warning and chemical warfare. weezy deserved it last year.but i got a feeling gay z is gonna win
                    The Best Rappers Alive

Comment

Originally posted by Young Luc
                      Eminem also had two other tracks the warning and chemical warfare. weezy deserved it last year.but i got a feeling gay z is gonna win
                      Lol how will jay-z win? he doesn't have a album out yet, and that was the reason why wayne didn't win last year you cannot win with no album dropped his album is dropping in spet 5th i think.. once wayne fans realize this is up his percentage will be way higher then what it is right now,

top 5 is going to look like

Lil Wayne
                      T.i
                      Eminem
                      Jay-z
                      Drake-Kanye

Y.O.L.O

Comment

we'll see. when are these awards on tv?
                        The Best Rappers Alive

Comment

Working...
                        X