DJ Khaled Talks Lil Wayne's 'Welcome To My Hood' Verse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DJ Khaled Talks Lil Wayne's 'Welcome To My Hood' Verse

With his penchant for promoting projects, DJ Khaled might be the biggest cheerleader on the Cash Money roster. But the budding Miami mogul also knows a song can sell itself, and that was the case with his latest, "Welcome to My Hood," which features Rick Ross, Plies, T-Pain and Lil Wayne.
    Khaled first hyped the We the Best Forever track when he spoke to Mixtape Daily last month, telling us he had a strong feeling Weezy would deliver on this one. MTV News caught up with the DJ recently and he detailed how the studio session came about.
    "I'm hanging out in the parking lot chilling and [Wayne] comes outside of his room and he goes, 'Khaled, I heard you got something for me,' " Khaled recalled. "I go, 'Of course I got something for you, I'm always ready to go.' So 10 minutes later, I get a call, 'Khaled come into the studio, Wayne is in the studio.' So Wayne is like, 'Mack Maine told me you have something crazy for me.' I told him, 'Yeah, this record is gonna be big. I would love for you to do what you do and I gotta have that Weezy.' I played it for him and I just seen him bopping his head."
    Once Khaled saw Wayne's diamond-encrusted smile, he knew the rapper was onboard; Wayne told him he'd be back in an hour.
    "Last time he told me that was when we did 'We Takin' Over,' " Khaled said, recalling the 2007 hit that features one of Lil Wayne's most memorable verses: "I am the beast," the Young Money captain spits. "Feed me rappers or feed me beats."
    "I came back and I heard the most legendary verse," Khaled said of Wayne's contributions to "Welcome to My Hood."
    Link
    VVVVVVVV

DJ Khaled Talks Lil Wayne's 'Welcome To My Hood' Verse - Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV
    "Nothings promised but a graveyard cant
    see myself dyin broke Ray Charles"

"Your flow never wet, like grandma pussy, i'm always good, like grandma cookies"

Re: DJ Khaled Talks Lil Wayne's 'Welcome To My Hood' Verse

Back in a hour... he probably went to go write some lyrics up. he is writing again right?

Comment

Originally posted by theeaglesfan005 View Post
      Back in a hour... he probably went to go write some lyrics up. he is writing again right?
      He wrote in jail, who knows if he is or not now...

"Mind so sharp I fuck around and cut my head off"
      http://spontaneousoverflow.com/wordpress/?p=1673

Comment

Originally posted by wolverinebball11 View Post
        idk... its hard to tell the way he is spitting now

Comment

Originally posted by wolverinebball11 View Post
          An hour? thats dope....imagine what Wayne can do to verse if he actually spent time on that shit.....(i dont wanna know)
          Mississippi x California x North Carolina

Comment

We don't know if it took him an hour to lay down that verse. We have to factor in that he's doing other ppls shit and his too so might have had it on cue.

What comes easy, won't Last. What Lasts won't come easy.

Comment

C4 going to be the carter II all over again... soowoo

"keep talkin and the flame leap off the hip and keep sparkin pap pap sleep softly"

Comment

sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Comment

i think he's writing, because his flow is more stiff as if he was reading from a page.
                  you can tell it's not a continuous flow like some of his older shit, ie, watch my shoes, amilli...
                  http://scroogemcdope.tumblr.com/
                  if you're on tumblr, follow my blog & i'll follow back!

Comment

I personally might not go as far as saying "he's writing down his verses" bar-for-bar, but instead i think i might say/think that he's, "bullet-pointin'"? Only a few truly know.

Comment

An hour is a long time for that short of a verse imo.. I bet he just wanted to have a little extra time and try it out and master it.
                      But I bet he wrote it quick.. or spit it quick.
                      I honestly think he isn't writing because in the rolling stone interview didn't it say he was bobbing his head, then went in the booth and spit. Never said anything bout writing...
                      Tha Carter Franchise <3

Comment

Originally posted by YoungMoneyEnt View Post
                        An hour is a long time for that short of a verse imo.. I bet he just wanted to have a little extra time and try it out and master it.
                        But I bet he wrote it quick.. or spit it quick.
                        I honestly think he isn't writing because in the rolling stone interview didn't it say he was bobbing his head, then went in the booth and spit. Never said anything bout writing...
                        Do you really think he would write down lyrics about a song called "Welcome To My Hood"?
                        his own shit ---> use best lyrics, written
                        feature shit --> "freestyle", just get in the booth
                        THIS AIN'T NOTHING TO RELATE TO.

last.fm || twitter

Comment

Working...
                        X