6 Foot, 7 Foot Video Postponed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Foot, 7 Foot Video Postponed.

Lil Wayne was set to premiere the video for "6 Foot 7 Foot" on MTV this Thursday at 8 p.m. ET during the special presentation "MTV First: Lil Wayne," but the highly anticipated debut has been postponed as the finishing touches are being put on the video. To tide you over until the premiere, however, here's a little more from Wayne about how the track came together.

The song is the lead single from Weezy's forthcoming album, Tha Carter IV, the Cash Money Records superstar's first project since his release from prison in November. The rollicking track was produced by Bangladesh, who helmed Wayne's "A Milli" and features the newest Young Money addition Cory Gunz.

The upstart rapper is the progeny of veteran New York rapper Peter Gunz ("Deja Vu") and an alumnus of XXL's noted Freshmen 10 cover in 2009. According to Wayne, he placed Gunz on "6 Foot 7 Foot" to introduce his recent signee since he knew how much attention would be given to his first track. He characterized the strategy as a similar path he took with Drake and Nicki Minaj.

"You know, I put Nicki on the right songs, I put Drake on the right songs; I picked the right song," Wayne told MTV News. "It makes people pay attention ... because I know that people were waiting to see what I'll say on my first record, my first Lil Wayne record [since getting out of prison]. 'Cause, of course, I've done a bunch of features, and I'm quite sure whoever I did a feature for [before], as soon as I came home they put it out 'cause it got Wayne on here. 'He just came home, let's put it out.' So, I knew people were going to look at my first record like, 'I want to know what he's talking about on his first record.' And, I gave you the jewel at the end. It's like I'm forcing it on you, you got to hear this. It made everybody who didn't know Cory Gunz [say], 'Who is that?' "

Gunz, for his part, said when he got the call to join the track, Weezy gave him one simple edict: Attack.

"We went straight to the studio and Tunes [told me], 'I have something for you to hear,' and it went from there," Cory told MTV News in December. "[Wayne said], 'We gon' have to attack this.' As soon as I heard it, it was like instant. Some beats you hear [or] certain songs you hear in a party ... and they hit you in a certain kind of way, and that's kinda what the beat did. So we sat and the record is now getting an amazing response. People been messing with the record, so it's dope. I'm happy to be here."

No timetable has been set for the release of the "6 Foot 7 Foot" video, but we will bring you that info as soon as it is available.

Via - MTV

These retarded fucking idiots.

just drop the fucking video, one thing, YM/CM know how too disappoint there fans.

Re: 6 Foot, 7 Foot Video Postponed.

Why would you want them to drop an unfinished video?...you're the idiot

Comment

Originally posted by datshyt View Post
      Why would they tell us there dropping the video knowing it's unfinished?

who's the idiot now?

Comment

They shouldn't have told people its done and announce a mtv special, than one day before release saying that they need to finish it first.
        They are the idiots!

"Love me or hate me, I promise it won�t make or break me"

Comment

Originally posted by YoungTune. View Post

who's the idiot now?

Lmfao exactly. Don't schedule shit that you're not gonna have finished. smh.

Comment

NO

Comment

Originally posted by alex.tampa View Post
              They shouldn't have told people its done and announce a mtv special, than one day before release saying that they need to finish it first.
              They are the idiots!
              i think YMCM jus geusses on everything like "it should be done by wednesday" then when wednesday comes its didnt come out like they thought

Comment

Originally posted by Y.M._Souija_YMCMB View Post
                i think YMCM jus geusses on everything like "it should be done by wednesday" then when wednesday comes its didnt come out like they thought
                A label that has been in the business for so long should not guess about stuff like that
                Its just sad

"Love me or hate me, I promise it won�t make or break me"

Comment

Originally posted by alex.tampa View Post
                  A label that has been in the business for so long should not guess about stuff like that
                  Its just sad
                  They should have that shit down to a science by now.

Comment

This is'nt good news it almost made me
                    Last edited by marcusgettin; 02-09-2011, 11:43 PM.

Comment

^ Lolol. I already felt like there was getting to be too much of a time span between the track dropping and the video. Now it's just....... Bleh. I've heard the song so much I don't even think the video will be that cool to me

Comment

Originally posted by YoungTune. View Post

who's the idiot now?

No, you the idiot. Don't you know something may have come up? How dumb can you be not to think of that. Oh, you're 15.

What comes easy, won't Last. What Lasts won't come easy.

Comment

Working...
                        X