Jon Batiste has "Uneasy" single and music video feat. Lil Wayne this month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon Batiste has "Uneasy" single and music video feat. Lil Wayne this month

Jon Batiste has announced Lil Wayne will be featured on his forthcoming album, World Music Radio.

The collaboration between them will be titled “Uneasy” and the project is due to be released on August 18th via Verve Records/Interscope Records.

Check out a behind the scenes look at the video shoot below:

Sounds nice

Comment

Calling himself Weezy Baby and not Tunechi

Comment

Originally posted by Danny M View Post
        Jon Batiste has announced Lil Wayne will be featured on his forthcoming album, World Music Radio.

The collaboration between them will be titled “Uneasy” and the project is due to be released on August 18th via Verve Records/Interscope Records.

Check out a behind the scenes look at the video shoot below:

fuck skateboarding

Comment

wayne working

Comment

Jon Batiste is definitely the kind of artist Wayne needs to work with

Comment

Originally posted by Az_Si View Post
              Jon Batiste is definitely the kind of artist Wayne needs to work with
              Yeah one thing I want from Wayne on C6 is more 'musical' music with real instruments and shit, not just standard 'hard' beats with electronic drums and no soul.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockMeOut View Post

Yeah one thing I want from Wayne on C6 is more 'musical' music with real instruments and shit, not just standard 'hard' beats with electronic drums and no soul.
                That would be needed but even at his peak, Wayne’s biggest weaknesses were beat selection and artistic vision for a project.

Since he just sits in the studio and waits for Mack to send him a beat, he doesn’t seem to have an idea how the instrumentals for his own project should sound like. He does 50-60 tracks and the rest isn’t even in his hands anymore.

That’s actually one of the biggest advantages of Welcome 2 ColleGrove, Chainz has a different perception and vision of which music he wants to create.

In an ideal world, Wayne should handpick certain producers (let’s say e.g. Premier, Alchemist, Manny, Timbo, Cool and Dre, Tyler) and just stick to them. Instead, we have producers such as loophole (from whom I’ve never heard again after funeral) and the omnipresent Swizz beat, which produces progressively worse results since P.O.M.S.

Not saying I don’t like these kind of songs (or don’t appreciate that Swizz seems to be a genuine friend to Wayne) but Dre, Bangladesh and even Swizz in his hayday proved that these can be way more instrumental, intricate and still slap.

Anyways, I’m looking forward to Uneasy and hope for the best on Carter VI

Comment

AMEN BROTHER SOME REAL PRODUCTION
                  Somebody call Kanye

I hate them thirsty bitches
                  Cut them off like circumcision
                  -Lil Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by Az_Si View Post

That would be needed but even at his peak, Wayne’s biggest weaknesses were beat selection and artistic vision for a project.

Since he just sits in the studio and waits for Mack to send him a beat, he doesn’t seem to have an idea how the instrumentals for his own project should sound like. He does 50-60 tracks and the rest isn’t even in his hands anymore.

That’s actually one of the biggest advantages of Welcome 2 ColleGrove, Chainz has a different perception and vision of which music he wants to create.

In an ideal world, Wayne should handpick certain producers (let’s say e.g. Premier, Alchemist, Manny, Timbo, Cool and Dre, Tyler) and just stick to them. Instead, we have producers such as loophole (from whom I’ve never heard again after funeral) and the omnipresent Swizz beat, which produces progressively worse results since P.O.M.S.

Not saying I don’t like these kind of songs (or don’t appreciate that Swizz seems to be a genuine friend to Wayne) but Dre, Bangladesh and even Swizz in his hayday proved that these can be way more instrumental, intricate and still slap.

Anyways, I’m looking forward to Uneasy and hope for the best on Carter VI
                    It's true. I remember Tyler the Creator saying in an interview quite recently that Wayne is rapping better than ever but people aren't realising because the production is just not up to par.

The thing with Mack and them picking the songs and beats for Wayne's albums is that they seem to always leave some of the best songs off of his albums in favour of songs which are just alright by his standards, based off the leaks we get. I really wish Wayne would just work with someone like Mannie, those producers you named or the other classic Lil Wayne producers on an entire album.

Comment

Originally posted by lilweezyfan View Post

AMEN BROTHER SOME REAL PRODUCTION
                      Somebody call Kanye
                      Really hope he has sent something for C6

Comment

It's true. I remember Tyler the Creator saying in an interview quite recently that Wayne is rapping better than ever but people aren't realising because the production is just not up to par.

The thing with Mack and them picking the songs and beats for Wayne's albums is that they seem to always leave some of the best songs off of his albums in favour of songs which are just alright by his standards, based off the leaks we get. I really wish Wayne would just work with someone like Mannie, those producers you named or the other classic Lil Wayne producers on an entire album.
                        tyle literally has mid beats throughout his albums lmao. He the last person to talk.
                        Don't get too high to look over blessings

Comment

Working...
                        X