The Drake, Eminem, Lil Wayne & Kanye Track Will Have A Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Drake, Eminem, Lil Wayne & Kanye Track Will Have A Video

It takes a king to get hip-hop's biggest names on one song, and this year, NBA superstar LeBron James is that king.
    Last year, T.I. recruited Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, and Kanye West to appear on his track, "Swagga Like Us," which the four performed at the 2009 Grammy Awards.

And now, Eminem, Lil Wayne, Kanye West and Drake have teamed up for a song slotted for the forthcoming LeBron James documentary, More Than a Game.

Earlier this week, Young Money president Mack Maine told MTV News about the track, titled "Forever." An early version of the song � featuring Wayne, Drake, Nut Da Kidd and produced by Boi-1da (Drake's "Best I Ever Had" and "Uptown") � has already hit the Internet, but this week, the version with some of hip-hop's hottest MC's is expected to debut.

"They re-did it, it got mixed over the weekend, now it's getting mastered," Maine said on Monday.
    "Forever" will appear on as part of a collection of tracks inspired by the film (due in theaters October 2), with the soundtrack coming on September 22 on Interscope Records. Polow Da Don will executive produce the set, which will also include songs by T.I., Mary J. Blige, and Young Jeezy, according to Rich Paul, who works with James as a part of their marketing company LRMR.
    Paul said that originally "Forever" was just going to be Drake and Kanye West.

"It was done, it was just Drake and Kanye, and then they went back and got two more prolific talents and it just made it even crazier, " Paul told MTV News late Tuesday. "They blessed Drake crazy."

The song came together when Gee Roberson, an executive at Atlantic Records who also manages West and helps to oversee the careers of Drake and Wayne, visited LeBron during the playoffs in May.

"He came over and played this � it was me, LeBron and Maverick [Carter, James' manager]," said Paul, who will co-executive produce the project for James' camp. "And he played the track, it was hot. It went right with the movie, it was like perfect for a moment that you want to be forever. And when he decided to put Wayne, Drake, Kanye and Eminem on it [together], it just makes is better. It's one of those songs fans will really want to hear forever. It's that type of feeling."

Lil Wayne as long expressed a desire to rap alongside Eminem on a track � and now, he's done it.

As previously reported by RapRadar.com, the track will be billed as Drake, featuring the rest of the MCs.
    But Mack Maine revealed the song may be getting a last minute addition.

"There's gonna be an unexpected feature on the hook," he said. "Right now we have three different R&B singers writing the hook to see who comes up with the best one. I'mma be shocked. So I can't tell you who it's gonna be."
    On the original, Drake performs double duty, rapping and singing the chorus.

And while "Swagga Like Us" was performed on the Grammys but never got a video, plans call for Drake, Wayne, West, and Em to shoot a clip for "Forever" next month in New York, Paul said, directed by Hype Williams.
    http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/161...6/eminem.jhtml

Re: The Drake, Eminem, Lil Wayne & Kanye Track Will Have A Video

Awesome... Cant waitt
    i am no elliot ness, i don't handcuff i dont arrest i do confess to the virginsy
    cause under them sheets i am a mess yes, baby you blessed not chess dont jump ya ness

Comment

Omggg.
      Can't wait for this shit.

Juss mad Kanye will be on the song.

Smoke good, eat good.
      Only fuck a bitch if her throat good, feet good.
      Just bought a fleetwood, and imma put some D's on that bitch.
      Looking like i gotta diamond disease on my wrist.

Comment

WoooW
        Can't Wait !
        "Ok, they say my girl look regular
        But having a bad bitch don�t make you better bruh
        And she don�t diss me like your bitch ass
        She�ll let me fuck your girl and even help me spread that bitch ass"

Nappy Mula Baby !

Comment

How many people think wayne will go the hardest? He always goes hard when hes on a song with a microphone pro

Y.O.L.O

Comment

a music video to? holy shit i cant wait
            The Best Rappers Alive

Comment

Originally posted by YoungMoneyJrock
              How many people think wayne will go the hardest? He always goes hard when hes on a song with a microphone pro
              Duhh, he will.
              And he'll do better because..
              Kanye, Em, and Drake will be on it.

He always goes harder when there's good people on it.
              Therfore, he will do a bunch of cussingg!
              And in the video their will be alot of words blocked out.
              Juss like the I'm Going In video..

Smoke good, eat good.
              Only fuck a bitch if her throat good, feet good.
              Just bought a fleetwood, and imma put some D's on that bitch.
              Looking like i gotta diamond disease on my wrist.

Comment

Where does it say there will be a music video

Comment

Haha more great news n' yes weezy will go hard as fuck!
                  Hope he rap his ass off without autotune(No homo)

"We'll be alright if we put drake on every hook"
                  Syrup, percocet, and an eighth a day will leave you broke, depressed, and emotionally vacant
                  Despite how Lil' Wayne lives
                  It's not conducive to being creative
                  And I know cause he's my favorite
                  And I know cause I was off that same mix
                  Rationalize the shit that I'd try after I listen to "Dedication"
                  But he's an alien
                  I'd sip that shit
                  Pass out or play PlayStation.

Comment

Originally posted by WeEeEeEzZzZyYy
                    At the bottom they'll shoot it next month in NY

Comment

Originally posted by YoungMoneyJrock

He probably will because he'll want to impress Eminem. Eminem already has the respect of like every artist in the game and he really wants it from Em, I see every goin really hard (no homo) and probably wayne or em will have the best verse.

"Get High, Rule The World"

Best Rappers
                      1. Lil Wayne
                      2. Eminem
                      3. B.o.B
                      4. Chris Webby
                      5. Wiz Khalifa
                      6. Kid Cudi

Comment

Originally posted by EastsideBoi89
                        Originally posted by WeEeEeEzZzZyYy
                        At the bottom they'll shoot it next month in NY

Comment

Working...
                        X