Swizz Beatz Contemplating "Anne" Video, talks leak and more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swizz Beatz Contemplating "Anne" Video, talks leak and more

The Monster explains that he was disappointed that his collaboration with Lil Wayne leaked, but he sees its benefits.

Swizz Beatz recently sprang a leak with his haunting �Anne� featuring Lil Wayne, but he�s content that it took on a life of its own. Speaking with Punchbowl Blog, Swizzy explained why he�s now content with the track�s unauthorized leak and that a music video could be in the works.

�At first, when the �Anne� song got leaked, I was a little bit upset because I felt that it should�ve gone out the proper way. But then I was like, what�s the proper way of music getting out in 2011? Shit, I�m not even calling my album an album no more. It leaking and dropping like that goes with my plan,� he said. �It made a big splash, you know about it, the world know about it, it got to stand on its own two feet. Millions and millions of people talking about it, trending topic. It got the proper exposure.�

For Swizz, the way the song leaked is a reflection of the times. �I just think that the traditional way of me doing music is over, as far as working with Wayne on �Anne� and having that concept, and I loved it. When I work with Wayne, to have to give him a concept instead of a club banger just like we did with �Dr. Carter,� that was a concept. I want to continue that with �Anne.� We did that. We might be shooting a video for it and taking it all the way.�

Swizz Beatz Contemplating "Anne" Video, Talks "Watch The Throne" Delay | Get The Latest Hip Hop News, Rap News & Hip Hop Album Sales | HipHop DX

Re: Swizz Beatz Contemplating "Anne" Video, talks leak and more

Swizz =

When will people learn to use the word 'leak' correctly?

Comment

swiss, the only place this video will be is in your dream

It made a big splash, you know about it, the world know about it, it got to stand on its own two feet. Millions and millions of people talking about it, trending topic. It got the proper exposure.”
      yeah swiss....keep trolling

Originally posted by Shake
      Why so negative all the time???

Comment

Video? I Can't See One For This tbh, as it hasn't got a proper platform to be based on...

*-------------~~--~~---ItsAzaa---~~--~~-------------*

--[<]--[<]--[<]--Truk Da Wur!!--[>]--[>]--[>]--

Comment

Re: Swizz Beatz Contemplating &quot;Anne&quot; Video, talks leak and more

Originally posted by vocker View Post
          swiss, the only place this video will be is in your dream

yeah swiss....keep trolling

Um, millions and millions of people were talking about it. It was trending on Twitter for over 24 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportz View Post
            Um, millions and millions of people were talking about it. It was trending on Twitter for over 24 hours.
            3/4 of the tweets had no idea it was about the song.

Comment

I just wanna hear good music.

Comment

loool True say on twitter it was trending as "Dear Anne" and people were just writing some irrelevant bullshit.
                I cant really imagine what the video would be like...TBH i think this song was a bit of a waste IMO.
                Syrup, percocet, and an eighth a day will leave you broke, depressed, and emotionally vacant
                Despite how Lil' Wayne lives
                It's not conducive to being creative
                And I know cause he's my favorite
                And I know cause I was off that same mix
                Rationalize the shit that I'd try after I listen to "Dedication"
                But he's an alien
                I'd sip that shit
                Pass out or play PlayStation.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech N9ne View Post
                  3/4 of the tweets had no idea it was about the song.
                  cant disagree with that.
                  Twitter

Comment

Showtime!!!!
                    THIS AIN'T NOTHING TO RELATE TO.

last.fm || twitter

Comment

If I were him, I'd be pissed that I gave Wayne the song thinking he would put it on C4, and they just released it as a throwaway pretty much. Would have preferred it to at least be on Swizz' album.

Comment

A video would ruin this, imo.

I thought it wasn't on his album anyways

Comment

Working...
                        X