Lil Wayne Discusses "Sorry 4 The Wait" Mixtape, Likens It To "No Ceilings"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lil Wayne Discusses "Sorry 4 The Wait" Mixtape, Likens It To "No Ceilings"

After several delays with his upcoming studio album "Tha Carter IV," Weezy apologizes with his aptly titled mixtape.

Lil Wayne is currently prepping the release of his upcoming mixtape Sorry 4 the Wait, a peace offering to fans for Tha Carter IV�s consistent pushback. Speaking with XXL Magazine via MTV News, Weezy explained that he�s trying to make amends for delaying his album by several months.

"The mixtape is called Sorry for the Wait, and it's because [manager Cortez Bryant] pushed the album back so, sorry for the wait," he said.

The mixtape only features a guest appearance from Lil B, but there�s a chance other rappers will contribute. Wayne explained that the freebie will be similar in format to that of his 2009 mixtape No Ceilings , featuring rhymes over other rappers� beats.

�Yeah, it's gonna be just like No Ceilings, taking the f--- over a n---a's beat. You know what it is, killin' n---as sh--," he said. "Make a n---a pissed, mad as a mother----er he ain't call me to get on that mother----er originally. Like, 'F---, if I'd have took this n---a call this n---a's song wouldn't be hotter than mine!"

Tha Carter IV is currently scheduled for an August 29th release.

Lil Wayne Discusses "Sorry 4 The Wait" Mixtape, Likens It To "No Ceilings" | Get The Latest Hip Hop News, Rap News & Hip Hop Album Sales | HipHop DX

Re: Lil Wayne Discusses "Sorry 4 The Wait" Mixtape, Likens It To "No Ceilings"

hell yes this sounds dope

Comment

Lil Wayne Says Sorry For The Wait With New Mixtape

Weezy apologizes for Tha Carter IV delay, in Mixtape Daily.

Headliner: Lil Wayne

Mixtape: Sorry for the Wait

Key Cameo: Lil B, is the only confirmed guest so far.

Real Spit: Nobody likes album delays. Lil Wayne is well aware of this fact. SO, to make up for the multiple pushbacks of Tha Carter IV, Weezy will be dropping a new mixtape, aptly titled Sorry for the Wait, in the coming weeks.

Weezy told Shaheem Reid in outtakes from an interview for XXL's July/August issue.

At the time of the interview, which took place on June 13, the Young Money CEO revealed that he was only three songs deep on Sorry but was in back in mixtape mode and planned to include guests like Lil B on the project. According to Wayne, the tape will be formatted in a similar way to his 2009 project No Ceilings and will feature the lyrical dynamo rapping over other artist's tracks.

The tactic allows Wayne to jump on songs that he didn't get the chance to, in an attempt to put his own stamp on them

Lil Wayne Says Sorry For The Wait With New Mixtape - Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV

Comment

uh oh...

Comment

alright, well this is good news. we still need a release date tho.

Comment

First real news on the tape, nice lol

LMAO @ the cursing:
            “Yeah, it's gonna be just like No Ceilings, taking the f--- over a n---a's beat. You know what it is, killin' n---as sh--," he said. "Make a n---a pissed, mad as a mother----er he ain't call me to get on that mother----er originally. Like, 'F---, if I'd have took this n---a call this n---a's song wouldn't be hotter than mine!"

Did he really say he's 3 songs deep and is going to drop it when he got ~6 more o_O

Originally posted by Lil Twist View Post
            At the time of the interview, which took place on June 13, the Young Money CEO revealed that he was only three songs deep on Sorry but was in back in mixtape mode and planned to include guests like Lil B on the project. According to Wayne, the tape will be formatted in a similar way to his 2009 project No Ceilings and will feature the lyrical dynamo rapping over other artist's tracks.
            So what's the status on the tape now?
            Last edited by IceMan; 06-28-2011, 05:24 PM.
            THIS AIN'T NOTHING TO RELATE TO.

last.fm || twitter

Comment

when did he say it was only gonna have 9 tracks>?

BITBLT..T <- If you can guess these lyrics I'll leak a C4 song.

Comment

Re: Lil Wayne Discusses &quot;Sorry 4 The Wait&quot; Mixtape, Likens It To &quot;No Ceilings&quot;

Damn I have a feeling this is gonna be his BEST mixtape so far. The way he was describing just felt as if he straight bodied other artisits beats. THis is good news.

Comment

Re: Lil Wayne Discusses &quot;Sorry 4 The Wait&quot; Mixtape, Likens It To &quot;No Ceilings&quot;

YESSSS
                  "Always had a black tool,even when i was at school 'cuz bullies aren't bulletproof..."

Comment

Originally posted by matbouli View Post
                    YESSSS
                    but hope theres no voicefixer -.-

Comment

"According to Wayne, the tape will be formatted in a similar way to his 2009 project No Ceilings and will feature the lyrical dynamo rapping over other artist's tracks"

Fuck...Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by IceMan View Post
                        First real news on the tape, nice lol

LMAO @ the cursing:
                        “Yeah, it's gonna be just like No Ceilings, taking the f--- over a n---a's beat. You know what it is, killin' n---as sh--," he said. "Make a n---a pissed, mad as a mother----er he ain't call me to get on that mother----er originally. Like, 'F---, if I'd have took this n---a call this n---a's song wouldn't be hotter than mine!"

Did he really say he's 3 songs deep and is going to drop it when he got ~6 more o_O

So what's the status on the tape now?
                        Did he say that? Did I overlook it or somethin?

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

Originally posted by bushido95 View Post
                        but hope theres no voicefixer -.-

Comment

Working...
                        X