Trae The Truth Tells Story of Stolen Lil Wayne Collab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trae The Truth Tells Story of Stolen Lil Wayne Collab

Respected Houston-rapper Trae The Truth has been keeping quite busy lately. He just put out a new album, Street King, which features Rick Ross, Jadakiss, Lil' Wayne, Lloyd, Wiz Khalifa, and more. Twenty-four hours before the LP made impact, Trae spoke to VIBE.com about the new project and opened up about the album's high-profile guest features

"Street King is actually the first album I put out in a long, long stretch. This album is going to be one of the ones to make the streets and good music proud. Especially me coming from where I�m coming from for me to make a statement like this with this album will be a blessing," Trae told VIBE.

Trae also revelead that obtaining cameos from Ricky Rozay is always an easy deal, "as far as me and Ross, DJ Khaled tells me this all the time, I'm probably one of the people who got the most Ross verses ever. That�s my homie. We stay working."

However, keeping a guest feature from Weezy came with it's ups and downs.

"Streetrunner did the beat," Trae said regarding his collabo with Lil Wayne "That's Not Luv." "The song had been done for a long time. When I first started working on the album, me and Wayne would knock a song out in the beginning of recording the project.. So �That�s Not Love� was just in the stash for a while but a lot came with it."

"Somebody actually stole it from Wayne �cause you know they were hacking his email a lot. They stole it and leaked his verse. Then Fabolous just put out a tape and the same beat was on his tape with some old Wayne verses, so that song had been through a lot. But when I put it out it's something new to everybody."

V Exclusive: Trae Tha Truth Tells The Tale Of His Stolen Lil Wayne Collaboration | VIBE

Re: Trae The Truth Tells Story of Stolen Lil Wayne Collab

nice news bro +rep

Comment

hm. i didn't think it was new at all...

Comment

i wonder if that second verse on fabolous version is old new or what. any one got any info on that?

Comment

Originally posted by Mnjaro View Post
          But when I put it out it's something new to everybody.

absolutely not

Comment

Working...
          X