Tech N9ne interview - Talks on Wayne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech N9ne interview - Talks on Wayne

You were on Tha Carter IV, on a track with Andre 3000. Was that Lil Wayne cameo a big tipping point for you?
    Yeah, for my people. My people were like, "I knew he could do it, all these years." My fans are like [feigns a scratchy whine] "Why did you do it? Lil Wayyyyyynnnnne?'
    I went into Rikers Island and I talked to him for three hours. I had no idea what we were going to talk about. We had a lot in common. He's a good guy and I always dug what he did. People just try to slam him because he's mainstream. He worked his way up to being what he is, so when people say bad things about him, I feel like I want to fight. I know him as a person�good guy�and I have to separate myself and say, "People have their preferences, it's cool." But [inside] I'm like, 'Say one more thing about Wayne, and see what I do!' [laughs]
    We keep in touch with each other and everything. Every once in awhile, I hear something about him, "I'm like, 'Don't let the demons bring you down brother." It's a friend thing.

Your fans don't like that he's "mainstream."
    I just said his name on one of my new songs, "808 Bendin" with Stevie Stone on Stevie Stone's new album. I say, "You know I can't sing without a guitar string/ Roll around town and I'm bumping Lil Wayne/ Everybody know that we're in the same gang." People are saying, "Why's he have Lil Wayne's name on his tongue? Uhhh. Why'd he say that?' It pisses me off because that's my bro. I said his name because I gave him a shout-out, you stupid ba-da-da-da.

Technicians are protective. They feel like they had this secret thing that nobody else knew about.
    They gotta realize, they did this. They burnt my CDs and spread it to everybody who shunned me. I thank them. Wherever I go�you did it! You pushed me to the top. They're still pushing me and I love it. I want my music for everyone.

What do you have in common with Wayne?
    The religious thing, we touched on. Of course, we're gonna have women in common. They're a wonderful thing. We love women. That's why you can get this wonderful conversation when I wake up and it's not like one-word answers: "No. Yes. Good. Okay, bye." Know what I'm saying? My publicist knows a woman can get more out of me. So when I found out [you were] a woman, "I was like, yeah, okay, let's go." A guy, I'd be like, "Yeah, yeah, bye."
    Source

Real nigga salute!

I just hope haters would even think of reading this
    Originally posted by Shake
    Why so negative all the time???

Comment

Dope interview. Gained some morr respect for tech

Comment

Tech is such a cool person for real!

Comment

Originally posted by ABjerg View Post
          Tech is such a cool person for real!
          For real?

''They say they want the drugs to stop but imma major setback when my album drop''

Comment

Originally posted by WeezyFan View Post
            For real?
            brrr plaiboi?

Comment

Tech is dope, he's a real nigga for that.

Comment

Tech is a weird ass nigga lol
                So Misunderstood but whats the world without Enigma

Comment

Originally posted by ABjerg View Post
                  brrr plaiboi?

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

Originally posted by True Lakers Fan View Post
                  Tech is a weird ass nigga lol
                  Tech was an normal anus nigger unlol

''They say they want the drugs to stop but imma major setback when my album drop''

Comment

lol at WeezyFan
                    Originally posted by Shake
                    Why so negative all the time???

Comment

ive always respected tech and his music, good shit

"And I swear to everything, when I leave this earth, It's gonna be on both feet, never knees in this dirt"

Comment

Originally posted by @liltunechi17 View Post
                        ive always respected tech and his music, good shit
                        Uhh?

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

Originally posted by Vocker View Post
                        lol at WeezyFan
                        unlol at WeezyNews

Comment

Working...
                        X