Lil Wayne makes #8 on Forbes Ten Top-Paid Celebrities Under 30 List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lil Wayne makes #8 on Forbes Ten Top-Paid Celebrities Under 30 List

Wayne come in at #8 with 27million at the age of 29.

Weezy, who came in at No. 8, earned $27 million at the age of 29, and, according to Forbes, had his �most lucrative year� to date, thanks in large part to his latest album, Tha Carter IV, which moved nearly 1 million copies its first week last summer. But, the majority of his earnings for 2012 came from playing over 50 shows in the past 12 months, grossing upwards of $600,000 per night. Additionally, Tunechi launched his clothing line, Trukfit, and landed his first big, multimillion dollar endorsement deal with Pepsi�s Mountain Dew.
    Lil Wayne, Rihanna Make Forbes’ Ten Top-Paid Celebrities Under 30 List | XXL

I'm guessing this is the overall gross or is it his cut

Comment

Difficult to say Danny but if it's his cut I'd like to know exactly what he actually made. But to think about it this way he got out of jail at basically the end of 2010 and then still getting that much within a year ain't that bad. And he makes top 10 behind people who are in the pop business.

I know a lotta people gonna be saying yeah he gone pop and making pop music but yeah he the only hip-hop artist on the list.

What happened to The Throne? I know they got money for days already but I've said this before and I'll say it again. Wayne gets money from music and Jay an Ye been getting their money from so much more other things.

I know Wayne has recently started a clothing label but you cant compare that to Roc-A-Fella Wear which has been out a while. So for a hip-hop artist who only got a clothing deal recently and that Mountain DEW sponsor 27 Million is fair enough.

Oh yeah and feel free to quote me and correct anything I said that was wrong
      Fuck 007 I work 24/7 ain't got time to bond with no bitch

Comment

Originally posted by NickYMCMB View Post
        I know Wayne has recently started a clothing label but you cant compare that to Roc-A-Fella Wear which has been out a while. So for a hip-hop artist who only got a clothing deal recently and that Mountain DEW sponsor 27 Million is fair enough.
        Wayne's TRUKFIT clothing line and Mountain Dew sponsorship is not included in this $27 million, because he only got those this year.

So when we get Wayne's earnings this time next year for 2012, then he should have earned more than $27 million. But then again he has not been touring this year like he was last year.

Comment

While I doubt The Throne would have made more than him, they wouldn't be on the list if they had. They're both well over 30.

Lil Wayne, Drake, Chance the Rapper, Skooly, Rich Homie Quan, 2 Chainz.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny M View Post
            Wayne's TRUKFIT clothing line and Mountain Dew sponsorship is not included in this $27 million, because he only got those this year.

So when we get Wayne's earnings this time next year for 2012, then he should have earned more than $27 million. But then again he has not been touring this year like he was last year.
            So maybe the following year will be bigger for him as he is bring out his Supra trainers that year, Trukfit should have spread more internationally as well. Plus if he does a YM tour and some touring of his own since IANAHB2 this year and possible C5 although I find that unlikely.

Comment

27mill in a year? Damn Wayne be earning mad money!

Anyone know an accurate figure of his actual worth?
              Last edited by Jinglewaffle; 07-14-2012, 10:39 AM.

You ain't a king, you a joker card.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuzz View Post
                So maybe the following year will be bigger for him as he is bring out his Supra trainers that year, Trukfit should have spread more internationally as well. Plus if he does a YM tour and some touring of his own since IANAHB2 this year and possible C5 although I find that unlikely.
                Those SUPRA's are coming early 2013 mate.

But yeah, if he releases that IANAHB2 album and does another tour before this year ends, he should make well more than $27 million for 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny M View Post
                  Those SUPRA's are coming early 2013 mate.

But yeah, if he releases that IANAHB2 album and does another tour before this year ends, he should make well more than $27 million for 2012.
                  Yeah thats what I'm saying the following year (next year) possible c5, possible touring international, supras, + anymore deals, either way dudes rich af lol...

Btw, I was speaking to my sisters boyfriend and his mate used to bodyguard Tim Westwood for a many years and is good friends with him, so he said when Wayne eventually comes back and does his usual interview with Tim he can try sort out me being able to meet him through Westwood!! if it actually ever happened as well be no harm in pullin a cheeky one and asking if he'd answer a few questions for LWHQ
                  Last edited by Kuzz; 07-14-2012, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jinglewaffle View Post
                    27mill in a year? Damn Wayne be earning mad money!

Anyone know an accurate figure of his actual worth?
                    on april 13th 2012 his estimated net worth was $95 Million.

Comment

It was what he made from May 2011 to May 2012

Comment

Originally posted by TyIquan View Post
                        While I doubt The Throne would have made more than him, they wouldn't be on the list if they had. They're both well over 30.
                        Yeah I realize that but I'm just saying in terms of Hip-Hop Wayne did a good job and like Danny has said Trukfit and Mountain DEW not included. If you look at The Throne's income just from album and tours I don't think it would be as much as Wayne. Their money would come from other areas.
                        Fuck 007 I work 24/7 ain't got time to bond with no bitch

Comment

Working...
                        X