Nicki Minaj talks about D4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicki Minaj talks about D4

MTV Mobile News: Lil Wayne Gives Nicki Minaj Control Of Dedication 4 Freestyle

"I usually pick the beat when me and Wayne do something," she said, explaining how her freestyle came together for the tape. "I went to Miami and I started grilling him like, 'Hey, why don't you lecture me anyone?' and he says, 'you made it already I ain't got to tell you sh--."
    "We had this crazy little spat � I actually got on footage and I'll show the fans really soon," she continued. "But he's working on the mixtape and I said, 'Excuse me, I need to be on that mixtape,' and he said, 'Aight, whatever you wanna do.' So I just went into the other room and recorded on this particular beat that I'm sure my fans are gonna be very happy that I touched. I'm really excited for the kids to hear."
    Nicki was amused just thinking about the track, which she says will be "real funny," but she also admitted that she misses Wayne's hands-on approach a little. "It's like having a strict parent and when you no longer have it [you] kinda want that," she said. "I told him, 'I miss when you would lecture me and tell me to keep on my grind and do this do and do that � where's the love?' "
    Doing one of her infamous Lil Wayne impressions, Nicki tried to reenact his response to her plea: "[Female Weezy voice] Yeah, you and Drake ya'll made it, ya'll don't f--- with a n---a no more." She was clearly amused by his stance on things, but maintains that "he's always gonna be my mentor."
    "He's just sitting back watching, and seeing the fruits of his labor, and that's what he said."

Lil Wayne Gives Nicki Minaj Control Of Dedication 4 Freestyle - Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV.com

''They say they want the drugs to stop but imma major setback when my album drop''

Comment

I'm really excited for the kids to hear

oh no

Comment

Lil Wayne Gives Nicki Minaj Control Of Dedication 4 Freestyle - Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV.com

Comment

So she gonna be on D4...coolzzz
          Originally posted by Shake
          Why so negative all the time???

Comment

Hope she raps like on Sweet Dreams cause that track was TIGHT!!

*-------------~~--~~---ItsAzaa---~~--~~-------------*

--[<]--[<]--[<]--Truk Da Wur!!--[>]--[>]--[>]--

Comment

Originally posted by Aza View Post
              She said its gonna be funny so...
              Originally posted by Shake
              Why so negative all the time???

Comment

Originally posted by Aza View Post
                Yup thats the first time I heard Nicki, was a dope track with her on!! Got me interested in her for sure!! Now days not so much lol

Comment

I hope she goes in like she did on Roman Holiday

''They say they want the drugs to stop but imma major setback when my album drop''

Comment

This.
                    Originally posted by DARKAVELI View Post
                    oh no

Juniayaa is on a mission right now../ YMCMB fla$hing life$tyle.../ we higher & shine than whoever.

Comment

Originally posted by DARKAVELI View Post
                      oh no

LOLOLOLOLOLOL i laughed in real life hahaha

Comment

Welp!

Looks like im skipping a track on this one

Comment

Working...
                        X