ASAP Rocky Talks About Wayne Changing Hip-Hop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASAP Rocky Talks About Wayne Changing Hip-Hop

ASAP was being covered by complex and was asked about the state of hip-hop and the influence that certain artists have in hip-hop and he had to say this about Wayne:

"How do you feel about the culture of hip-hop changing? Lil Wayne is skateboarding now. That’s dope. I put Wayne in Jay-Z and Kanye’s bracket, in terms of success. Wayne is still fun. Are we forgetting that Wayne made everybody switch their flow up and start using the E’s and R’s, and “I’m ir-regul-ar, seg-ular”? Like, c’mon, are we forgetting that Wayne changed hip-hop, too? Are we forgetting that he made all these motherfuckers want to have tattoos? Are we forgetting that? It wasn’t Wiz, it was Wayne. Wiz did it, too, but I’m just stating facts. This is a guy who fucking went from being the youngest underdog in his crew to saving his company, and saving his “Daddy.” I’m not a fucking Lil Wayne dickrider—I’m just speaking facts.

That’s fair.
    People can say what they want about him with the way he dresses. I hate the way he dresses. I’m keeping it 100 with you. It’s very tacky at times. But that’s what he chooses to do. Get off his dick! If that’s what he chooses to wear, OK. At least he’s not wearing it ’cause he saw some other lame motherfuckers wearing it. That’s when I don’t respect it. He’s doing him! Maybe it doesn’t work for you, but it works for him. So we need to get off his dick and let that man be legendary.

"

http://www.complex.com/music/2012/11...r-story/page/3

fixed

This has been discussed numerous times in this forums, Lil Wayne has a huge impact on hip-hop, whether he is in his prime or not, he still has the grip that he had a few years back and it's great to see artists like ASAP, Meek Mill, and Kendrick actually admit Wayne's influence and his status as a living legend.
    Last edited by Bill Laimbeer; 11-12-2012, 02:00 PM.
    Official Lil Wayne Rap Genius Thread: http://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/lil...s-respect.html

Forgot the last part:

"People can say what they want about him with the way he dresses. I hate the way he dresses. I’m keeping it 100 with you. It’s very tacky at times. But that’s what he chooses to do. Get off his dick!"

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaker420 View Post
      Forgot the last part:

"People can say what they want about him with the way he dresses. I hate the way he dresses. I’m keeping it 100 with you. It’s very tacky at times. But that’s what he chooses to do. Get off his dick!"

Is that in the full interview?
      Official Lil Wayne Rap Genius Thread: http://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/lil...s-respect.html

Comment

Dope, A$AP Rocky is that nigga too.

Comment

It is sad...coz everybody just forgot who wayne WAS...niggaz saying he sucks coz he skates or whatever...man, you forgot who was the "best rapper alive", the "lil nigga that no one can touch"...kill everybody in their own song then goes and remix someone's song and it sounds like its the original.
          Originally posted by Shake
          Why so negative all the time???

Comment

Originally posted by neil.seward View Post
            Is that in the full interview?
            Yeah, Karen civil posted it

Comment

thank you asap, been saying this shit for like a million years

Comment

Glad at least some new rappers respect Wayne as being a legend.

Comment

Originally posted by __cas__ View Post
                  Glad at least some new rappers respect Wayne as being a legend.
                  All the new rappers respect wayne as being a legend...even the old rappers lol...
                  Originally posted by Shake
                  Why so negative all the time???

Comment

Cool, my 2nd favorite rapper respects my 1st favorite rapper.

Woke up and seen a UFO

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaker420 View Post
                      Yeah, Karen civil posted it
                      OP is edited now, thanks.

Comment

ASAP just went up in my books! Top man!

Comment

Working...
                        X