Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 Cent on Lil Wayne

Just read the article 50 Cent Refuses to Talk About French Montana | XXL

50 answers questions about how Wayne is at the top of Hip-Hop right now, but still so many haters/fans try to compare all his new records and material to Tha Carter III.

Interesting read.

On your last verse from “My Life” you say, “I haven’t been this fucking confused since I was a kid.” What did you mean by that?
    It’s being in the position where you’re the happiest person in the world, because the general public is deciding to support you as an artist, and it’s almost a dream sequence for you as an artist. Everything’s going your way, right? And you’re successful long enough for the artist community to put a shadow of doubt over you. Meaning the guy that wants next, that wants to be the next artist, he wants his turn. So, if you stay in a position where you’re winning, he goes, “Damn, I won’t get a chance to be No. 1 as long as he’s around, because he’s No. 1.” For some reason, they think they gotta get rid of the guy that’s No. 1. It’s like, you reach a certain point in your career—right now, I believe Wayne is at that point. He’s had so many successful records that I hear people go, “Yeah, it’s cool, but it ain’t as good as it was when Tha Carter came out.” And that’s exactly what they did to me with Get Rich or Die Tryin’. So it feels like a cycle of things that artists experience.

So you think that kind of feeling is more a reflection of other people than the music itself, whether it’s you or Wayne or whoever?
    Exactly. When you get talent out there and they making good music—I mean, music marks time, so you never really get a second chance. Wayne came in as an artist—when that Carter record worked, he had been working how long before he got to that point? That wasn’t a new artist. He was established, so he was ready for the attention and for the run that he actually got.

Conclusion: 50 cent visits Lil Wayne HQ

Comment

Originally posted by ThijnNickiWeezy View Post
      Conclusion: 50 cent visits Lil Wayne HQ
      loool
      "Always had a black tool,even when i was at school 'cuz bullies aren't bulletproof..."

Comment

uuh 50 talks serious shit man ... but its true its a kind of cycle and now they are so many "fans" crying : wayne was better in 2008 or sth like that, but i dont think so he just changed, his style, his music, his goals, i mean he is NOT living his old life as it was in 2008 or earlier his life has changed so its only natural that he changes with it. my opinion.

ayyyyeee keep it real.

Comment

50 cent is cool as fuck 3bh

Comment

I've always thought 50 talks the truth and keeps it real!!! Secretly I think he's a Lil Wayne fan but is scared to admit it

Mulafreak Jr. - That's exactly what is happening, it's a shame people aren't willing to adapt and appreciate the current Weezy!!!

Comment

at least i know that there are still real fans

ayyyyeee keep it real.

Comment

I remember this nigga saying Lil Wayne is a whore and people will lose interest because he features every artist... well look who is now using Lil Wayne's name for publicity. GTFOH

Juniayaa is on a mission right now../ YMCMB fla$hing life$tyle.../ we higher & shine than whoever.

Comment

He be itching for a feature. I'd like to see it happen. Be interesting.

Another prime example of artists in hip-hop who certify Lil Wayne as a legend/icon/king.

The list is getting long now
                  Official Lil Wayne Rap Genius Thread: http://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/lil...s-respect.html

Comment

Lol now people saying stuff like "I was always a fan of 50" Yeah right the dick riders will show.

Comment

Originally posted by RealLife View Post
                      I remember this nigga saying Lil Wayne is a whore and people will lose interest because he features every artist... well look who is now using Lil Wayne's name for publicity. GTFOH
                      you are right, but he talks about true thangs, the business is a whore i guess

ayyyyeee keep it real.

Comment

Still don't like 50 too much.
                        But he has moved up in my ranks.
                        Official Lil Wayne Rap Genius Thread: http://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/lil...s-respect.html

Comment

Working...
                        X