Lil Wayne's 'Bitches Love Me' Was Originally A DJ Khaled Song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lil Wayne's 'Bitches Love Me' Was Originally A DJ Khaled Song

Mike WiLL spoke to Complex on how the track came together, working with Drake in the studio, and how he brings certain beats to certain artists. Here's what he has to say about "Bitches Love Me:"

"We were working on this one record that Khaled couldn�t use, and it ended up having Future and Drake on the hook. I ended up giving that same record to Lil Wayne."

"Drake was on the 'Club Paradise Tour' and he came to Atlanta. He fucks with me and Future, obviously 'No Lie' and Future's 'Tony Montana.' He came to the studio with us, and we were in the studio and they were like, �You got the beats?� I pulled up some beats, and I was like, �Drake, I have this beat with Future, I haven�t let you hear this beat before. I feel like this is the one ya�ll need to do together. This is the one, trust me.�"

"It�s the feeling of the beat. I can�t really explain my ear, but my ear is ill. What you've got to understand about production is the voice is an instrument. I only bring certain beats to certain artists. I felt like that would be the one because Future would sound crazy on it and I knew Drake would sound crazy on it. I was like, �This is the one.� Me and Future were over there doing what we do and he was letting me hear different melodies. I�m like, �Yo, that melody is crazy. It�s like the Mockingbird melody. That shit can get stuck in people�s head.�"

"I took that, and I was like, �Drake, come listen to this right quick.� Drake came over there, he was listening to what Future was saying and he was like, �Yeah man, you should come back, and after that, you should say this.� I was like, �No, Future, you say what you were saying. Drake, you go in there and say it how you feel.' And then that will be the hook."
    Interesting read

mike will a dope producer

Comment

Well, it's great that it ended up with Wayne coz that shit is a great single for his album...
      Originally posted by Shake
      Why so negative all the time???

Comment

well it wasnt the song future and drake were recording in the video blog cause that was produced by boi-1da

Comment

Originally posted by WeEeEeEzZzZyYy View Post
          well it wasnt the song future and drake were recording in the video blog cause that was produced by boi-1da
          I think that one is suppose to be on Future's mixtape coming early 2013

Comment

Mike will you did it! )

Comment

Drake: BITCH YOU SAY THIS!!!

Chicks Get Hammered, Big Dick Bandit, Money Flowing Like A Slit Wrist, No Bandage

Comment

Thank God no 'Dj Khaleeeeeeed, we the beeeeeeeeeessssssttttttttt !!!!!!'

Comment

Still dope so idgaf if it was for Khaled or not. It was in the right hands in the end

The 6ix god is watching i hope you prepared to face em

Comment

SO WAIT A MINUTE!!!! what about Wayne's story that HE told Drake to do just the hook?? Someone is lying here.
                    ---->

Love Women XO

(Artist)
                    The Weeknd - 33 Mill

I WENT FROM RED BARS, TO REP STARS.

Comment

I Fucking Love this Song , Is It Off IANHB2?
                      Life Ain't Shit , But Bitches And Money

Comment

Mockingbird as the eminem song? Anyone see the similarties between the two melodies?

Comment

Working...
                        X