Kanye West says Lil Wayne #1 rapper in the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Immaculate View Post
    People think Kendrick the hottest MC to ever live. lol.

Just give him about another year or so and he'll be irrelevant.

Remember when J. Cole was supposed to be this lyrical god or something? lol
    Again, though: you're not listening to rappers to see if they're 'relevant'; you do so because their good.

Comment

That Number 1 Spot Goin To ......... 2 CHAAAAAAAAAAAINZ TRUUUUUUUUU

Comment

Originally posted by BrewCityYM View Post
        Yea u can. Big Sean went from 8 to 6.... And how didn't drake do shit last year.... It goes from February2012-February2013.... Everybody in The Top 10 owes Drake For These Successful 2012 year... Damn near everybody on that top 10 list opened for drakes Tour last year... Damn near everybody on the top 10 list has drake to thank for their top 10 smash single which he outshined them on..... He won a Grammy..... His single is the hottest song out right now..... But he didn't do shit ????
        He didn't do much features...there was even a moment where people from here were wondering where is he...Touring doesn't really count. He didn't release much. He killed it last year in records, so that's why 5 is pretty good for him.

I don't see why people are mad he isn't higher....

Wayne had a hotter year than Drake and he might not even make it (highly doubt he won't tho..)
        Originally posted by Shake
        Why so negative all the time???

Comment

Originally posted by RealLife View Post
          BrewCity i respect dat. I am not trying to take anything away from Kendrick Lamar but lets put things into perspective: show me K.Dot's list and body of work that made him the Hottest(Most Dominant) artist in 2012. Quality, style and bars are subjective.. so lets keep it factual.

Here is Lil Wayne's list of popular songs and i removed songs that nobody knows like you said. This will help us see who actually earned the title and who's being given the title based off hype. So now its your turn to list..I will wait..

Lil Wayne Ft. Drake & Future – Love Me
          T.I. Ft. Lil Wayne – Ball

Lil Wayne, French, Drake, Rihanna & Rick Ross - Pop That
          Juicy J Ft. Lil Wayne – Bands A Make Her Dance

DJ Khaled Ft. Chris Brown, Rick Ross, Nicki Minaj & Lil Wayne – Take It To The Head
          Joe Budden Ft. Lil Wayne & Tank – She Don’t Put It Down Like You
          Keyshia Cole Ft. Lil Wayne – Enough Of No Love
          David Guetta Ft. Chris Brown, Lil Wayne - I Can Only Imagine

Juvenile Ft. Lil Wayne & Birdman – Picture Perfect
          Will.I.Am Ft. Britney Spears, Diddy, Hit-Boy, Waka Flocka & Lil Wayne - Scream & Shout (Remix)
          The Game Ft. Lil Wayne, Chris Brown, Tyga & Wiz Khalifa – Celebration
          2 Chainz Ft. Lil Wayne – Yuck

Kelly Rowland Ft. Lil Wayne – Ice
          Wiz Khalifa Ft. Lil Wayne & Young Jeezy – Work Hard Play Hard (Remix)
          Keyshia Cole Ft. Lil Wayne – Enough Of No Love
          Nicki Minaj Ft. Lil Wayne – High School
          Bobby V Ft. Lil Wayne – Mirror

Lil Wayne Ft. 2 Chainz – Rich As Fuck
          Lil Wayne Ft. Detail – No Worries
          Kevin Rudolf Ft. Fred Durst, Birdman & Lil Wayne – Champions
          PJ Morton Ft. Lil Wayne – Lover
          Fat Joe Ft. Lil Wayne, ASAP Rocky & French Montana – Yellow Tape
          DJ Khaled Ft. Lil Wayne, T.I. & Future – Bitches & Bottles
          Trey Songz Ft. Lil Wayne & Young Jeezy – Hail Mary
          The Game Ft. Lil Wayne, Big Sean, Fabolous & Jeremih – All That (Lady)
          Future Ft. Lil Wayne – Karate Chop (Remix)
          Turk Ft. Lil Wayne – Zip It

Gunplay Ft. Lil Wayne – Banana Clips
          Birdman Ft. Lil Wayne & Mack Maine - Dark Shades
          Lil Wayne – Turn On The Lights (Remix)

D4

And the funny part.. he was probable skating whilst recording lol.
          Naw ain't no prolly that nigga was..... Naw but Wayne feature list is longer..... But that's only 1 outta all the criterias... Wayne was... 2012 just wasn't his year mane.... Kendrick album outweights Wayne's features... That's just me doe ill out Kendrick in the top 5 sumwhere and Wayne can wait til next year... Hopefully this album makes him top 3 automatically next year

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Vocker View Post
          He didn't do much features...there was even a moment where people from here were wondering where is he...Touring doesn't really count. He didn't release much. He killed it last year in records, so that's why 5 is pretty good for him.

I don't see why people are mad he isn't higher....

Wayne had a hotter year than Drake and he might not even make it (highly doubt he won't tho..)
          But everything he touch turnt Gold at least no lie, pop dat, poetic justice, amen, diced pineapples, bitches love me, fuckin problem plus others.....c'mon mane those all HITS, top 10 Hits so can't go to the club without hearing all of those songs.....Wayne was hotter cuz he was featured on more ? Sum of those nice songs wayne got only LWHQ knows about....Niggaz dnt kno about zip it or picture perfect or banana clips etc......but to each is own

Comment

Wayne doing other shit on top of the music too though like his own clothing line, headphones, and shit too and he's been in the news heavy with all his rants and everything. He deserves to be on the list.

Comment

Kendrick deserves it more than Wayne. And stop listing number of tracks. I swear niggas around here don't believe in the philosophy of quality being superior to quality. Some of y'all make Lil Wayne fans look bad. Blurring the line between fan(atic) and dickrider.

Comment

Originally posted by WeezYIsCraaazY View Post
                Again, though: you're not listening to rappers to see if they're 'relevant'; you do so because their good.
                I don't think Kendrick is that good though. He's just overrated.
                ​repetition is the father of learning

Comment

So who's all left for the top 3 spots and when do we know the last 3? Nas was just announced as number 4.
                  Official Lil Wayne Rap Genius Thread: http://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/lil...s-respect.html

Comment

Originally posted by BrewCityYM View Post
                    But everything he touch turnt Gold at least no lie, pop dat, poetic justice, amen, diced pineapples, bitches love me, fuckin problem plus others.....c'mon mane those all HITS, top 10 Hits so can't go to the club without hearing all of those songs.....Wayne was hotter cuz he was featured on more ? Sum of those nice songs wayne got only LWHQ knows about....Niggaz dnt kno about zip it or picture perfect or banana clips etc......but to each is own
                    And thats why he is number 5. he didn't release no album, he didn't have alot of hype for himself last year...5 is very logical.

You want him to be number one, and he was barely out last year? lol...

Wayne was more relevant than Drake last year. D4 had alot of hype(alot! like it was the most wanted mixtape in 3 years lol) last year...made alot of featured that were hits. and other examples like:

Originally posted by Weezy_KB24 View Post
                    Wayne doing other shit on top of the music too though like his own clothing line, headphones, and shit too and he's been in the news heavy with all his rants and everything. He deserves to be on the list.

why everybody wants to disappreciate Wayne in here, just because they like to. it's like you guys just want to forget all the good things he done, coz you don't want dude to win...makes me wonder what forums I am in...lol, everytime...
                    Originally posted by Shake
                    Why so negative all the time???

Comment

nas is number 4

Comment

"@LilTunechi: That's the ultimate compliment coming from a humble,great,extremely creative,& superior genius...I appreciate that Yeezy!"
                        Syrup, percocet, and an eighth a day will leave you broke, depressed, and emotionally vacant
                        Despite how Lil' Wayne lives
                        It's not conducive to being creative
                        And I know cause he's my favorite
                        And I know cause I was off that same mix
                        Rationalize the shit that I'd try after I listen to "Dedication"
                        But he's an alien
                        I'd sip that shit
                        Pass out or play PlayStation.

Comment

Starting to wonder if Wayne will make the list... I can't see MTV putting him in the top 3 even though he deserves it.

Comment

Working...
                          X