Lil Wayne Was Tryna Be Under Ground With IANAHBII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lil Wayne Was Tryna Be Under Ground With IANAHBII

Lil Wayne's I Am Not A Human Being II album was generally deemed not his best work yet, receiving mixed reviews from fans and critics alike. In a new interview with XXL Magazine (via MissInfo), Weezy F reveals he was actually trying to be 'underground' with the album-- could this be where he went wrong?

Check out excerpts from the interview below, where he also talks about the young cats he currently listens too.

Have you felt that urge to get back in the studio? Is there a Carter V in the future that you�re thinking about, or are you focused on something else right now?
    I think about it, but I have to be focused on something else right now.

Were you happy with how I Am Not A Human Being II came out and the public response to it?
    Overall I felt good about the project because I approached it in a manner of�and this may sound silly�trying to be underground.

The Carter series and the I Am Not A Human Being series are drastically different. Human Being comes off as an underground album or mixtape series that might not have even been put in stores years ago. Releases from Tha Carter series seem more like moments.
    Yeah, that�s the way I approach them.

Who have you been listening to? If you are still listening to music with all that skateboarding�
    I do. I listen to a lot of Odd future. I�ve been listening to a lot of old stuff, though. Recently I�ve been listening to a lot of Bone Thugs. East 1999, that album. Stuff like that. The first album. I listen to a lot of UGK. A lot of 8 Ball & MJG. And that�s kinda it. As far as new, I listen to future, to a lot of the older mixtape stuff. A$AP Ferg.

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/lil-wayn...news.6638.html

tl;dr

is it worth reading?

Comment

Haha sounds just as bad as carter iv wayne has no direction of what his music sounds like.
      Mississippi x California x North Carolina

Comment

yeah, He said that a while ago....

He didn't mean it musically, he meant not commercially....
        Originally posted by Shake
        Why so negative all the time???

Comment

Old news.

This is from those XXL magazine scans.

Comment

latest news?

this interview old.

Comment

when one blog posts something all other blogs just post too

but like everyone said this is from the xxl interview with chainz and tip

Comment

rofl just no

Comment

Album's dope, but ain't shit ever been underground about Wayne.

Lil Wayne, Drake, Chance the Rapper, Skooly, Rich Homie Quan, 2 Chainz.

Comment

old news is old

Comment

Originally posted by Cli-City View Post
                      Haha sounds just as bad as carter iv wayne has no direction of what his music sounds like.
                      carter 4 won't bad its was slighty above average but still a disappointment when you compare it to c2,c3

Comment

underground
                        he has lost his mind

FUCK WiT DUNSTON, iMMA PUT MY FOOT iN YO ASS

Comment

Working...
                        X