No announcement yet.

Lil Wayne interview on a new rock album, a project with Drake, and more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebirth one of my favorite shits. As a nigga from the hood, folks turn they noses up but I do dig it fr

Lil Wayne, Drake, Chance the Rapper, Skooly, Rich Homie Quan, 2 Chainz.

Comment

am gonna need dat rebirth ii before i die

Comment

Need wolf szn

Comment

when are we getting Funeral? x

xxx

Comment

i just want that song wayne did with Bono from u2.

Comment

Originally posted by BrewCityYM View Post
              It was the beginning of his downfall

Fuck that rock shit!

It�s fucking up his legacy up

- - - Updated - - -

It�s dumb to ppl like who

Kids on LWHQ?? That�s fine
              I really don�t understand why you hate on what Wayne does/did so much??? I just always see you talking about how Wayne isn�t good anymore & then you say rebirth was the start of his downfall? Lmaoo, must be a young thug fan or a troll. rebirth was a solid album for it being experimental. Some of my favorite Wayne songs are from that album

Comment

Originally posted by joeycmj View Post
                I really don’t understand why you hate on what Wayne does/did so much??? I just always see you talking about how Wayne isn’t good anymore & then you say rebirth was the start of his downfall? Lmaoo, must be a young thug fan or a troll. rebirth was a solid album for it being experimental. Some of my favorite Wayne songs are from that album
                Lmao he has an aggressively dramatic way of expressing his opinions.

Rebirth stands up to most good/decent albums by most bands I listen to and actually feels way more natural and unprocessed than much of what I hear. The fact that he did it mostly on his own and with hip hop producers is even more impressive. If he collaborated with rock musicians on a new album it would be fucking sick.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockMeOut View Post
                  If he collaborated with rock musicians on a new album it would be fucking sick.
                  I 1000% agree with this. When All For the Feeling got leaked I felt like that could have been radio hit material. it sounded exactly like something my favorite band would have put out. The melody on Mess does also. And I really loved when he did MTV Unplugged in the Carter IV days. I think he has so much potential on the rock side. Its crazy how versatile he is

Comment

We need a Rebirth 2 in music more than anything right now!!

Comment

Originally posted by DLynn14 View Post
                      I 1000% agree with this. When All For the Feeling got leaked I felt like that could have been radio hit material. it sounded exactly like something my favorite band would have put out. The melody on Mess does also. And I really loved when he did MTV Unplugged in the Carter IV days. I think he has so much potential on the rock side. Its crazy how versatile he is
                      What is your favourite band?

Comment

Originally posted by KnockMeOut View Post
                        What is your favourite band?
                        All for the Feeling felt a little bit Yellowcard to me. But I am a big Third Eye Blind fan and it also reminded me of something they might do on slower quieter songs. Mess in particular has instrumental that sounds reaalllly similar to the beginning of one of the most loved 3eb songs ever (like people get the lyrics tatted on them). I truly think if All for the Feeling had been released people who listen to that genre would have loved it, because I am one of those people. He was not even autotuned on that, it was perfect.

I was saying on another thread that a long time ago when he was featured on Tiffany Blews (a Fall Out Boy song in the late 2000s) he blended in SO WELL that actual Fall Out Boy fans loved his part, and were saying it was their favorite part of the whole song which is otherwise really good. They didn't even know it was him because he sounded just like a rock vocalist would. They thought he was another member of the band. I find that very impressive

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Lil wayne prezident View Post
                        i just want that song wayne did with Bono from u2.
                        Love U2...my worlds will collide in a crazy way if Wayne ever makes further progress on the rock side

Comment

Originally posted by DLynn14 View Post
                          All for the Feeling felt a little bit Yellowcard to me. But I am a big Third Eye Blind fan and it also reminded me of something they might do on slower quieter songs. Mess in particular has instrumental that sounds reaalllly similar to the beginning of one of the most loved 3eb songs ever (like people get the lyrics tatted on them). I truly think if All for the Feeling had been released people who listen to that genre would have loved it, because I am one of those people. He was not even autotuned on that, it was perfect.

I was saying on another thread that a long time ago when he was featured on Tiffany Blews (a Fall Out Boy song in the late 2000s) he blended in SO WELL that actual Fall Out Boy fans loved his part, and were saying it was their favorite part of the whole song which is otherwise really good. They didn't even know it was him because he sounded just like a rock vocalist would. They thought he was another member of the band. I find that very impressive

- - - Updated - - -

Love U2...my worlds will collide in a crazy way if Wayne ever makes further progress on the rock side
                          I used to listen to a few Yellowcard songs when I was a teenager. Never really checked out Third Eye Blind, what song do you mean? I know what you mean about All for the Feeling and that sound though, I had similar thoughts when I heard it.

I still listen to Tiffany Blews frequently, that whole album is really good. I remember an interview with FOB where they spoke about that track and how they had the same reaction when Wayne sent it back to them.

I've always really really wanted Wayne and Green Day to collaborate.

Comment

Working...
                          X