New Lil Wayne Single 'Ya Dig' Dropping Next Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mnjaro View Post
    so this song definitely not for the RTK collab album, best guess from @dub_1600 is that it's a potential single for the documentary they're releasing this fall

and waynes team didnt want the attention on this song taking away from the collab album dropping next week, so wayne's team probably pulled this last minute to not take attention away from that, and will drop this at a later date once dust settles from collab album

song is also produced by streetrunner, dub again noticed his tag in snippet at 16 second mark
    isn�t the documentary about c4? i don�t get why they would put out a song before that era?

Comment

Originally posted by mania983 View Post
      but what does a 2008 song have to do with a Carter 4 documentary?
      Originally posted by Lil wayne prezident View Post
      isn’t the documentary about c4? i don’t get why they would put out a song before that era?
      could be an early/OG C4 session song, he started recording for that in 08/09, may have just reused a verse from Mr Carter Demo since it never came out, again this just best guess, because i have 0 idea why wayne and the team would randomly decide to release an 08/09 unreleased song for

Comment

could be an early/OG C4 session song, he started recording for that in 08/09, may have just reused a verse from Mr Carter Demo since it never came out, again this just best guess, because i have 0 idea why wayne and the team would randomly decide to release an 08/09 unreleased song for
        yeah you got a point about being a early C4 session, but it's definitely from 2008, Wayne's voice wasn't like that in 2009

Comment

OUT NOW in downloads

Comment

beat sounds really similar to "my name is" from back in the day

Comment

1 - This song was probably recorded post Pimp C's death (December 2007) because he says "Pour one up fo Pimp C". I know he later says "Pour one up fo Bun B, but inbetween he says "Pour one up fo Big Mo & DJ Screw" - who are both dead. Pimp and Bun are a duo and it's weird to say their names seperately unless the first names were for the dead.

2 - This song was probably recorded during the time Wayne was getting flack for sipping. Around when he threw the jacket at 'Tez and went on a rant about "a junkie can't do what I do". I think this because the first verse mentions styrofoam and his dark side, second starts with "stay the fuck up out my business" and the third ends with shoutouts to some iconic sippers.

2.5 - The song samples the same song as Gossip (Margie Joseph - Stop, In the Name of Love). This song can kind of be seen as a Gossip Part 2 because he's addressing the drug addict rumors.

3 - The verse shared with Mr Carter (Demo Version) was completely re-recorded. Seems to be a similar situation to World of Fantasy and Misunderstood

Comment

Hopefully drake inspired him to drop a care package type project.
                Automatic cash
                Big booty bitch
                Girl, I'm on your ass

www.youtube.com/weezyacademy
                https://anchor.fm/theweezyacademy

Comment

Soo apparently the new release date is november 12th, i'm guessing they pushed this back to not overshadow Trust Fund Babies??

hoping it is C3 sessions remastered

''They say they want the drugs to stop but imma major setback when my album drop''

Comment

Originally posted by WeezyFan View Post
                    Soo apparently the new release date is november 12th, i'm guessing they pushed this back to not overshadow Trust Fund Babies??

hoping it is C3 sessions remastered
                    Exactly why they did it

Comment

Exactly why they did it
                      brah what u know? I needa invite to the discord lol

''They say they want the drugs to stop but imma major setback when my album drop''

Comment

Originally posted by WeezyFan View Post
                        Soo apparently the new release date is november 12th, i'm guessing they pushed this back to not overshadow Trust Fund Babies?? hoping it is C3 sessions remastered
                        c3 sessions? then when the fuck will ianahb3 drop lol?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer View Post
                          c3 sessions? then when the fuck will ianahb3 drop lol?
                          man idk, might be a single for that documentary too, someone here said it earlier

Comment

Working...
                          X