Lil Wayne postpones European Shows Due to Illness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lil Wayne postpones European Shows Due to Illness

I hope Weezy gets better, that's not good news to hear..

http://www.lilwaynehq.com/2009/07/02...rsterdam-more/
    Lil Wayne postpones European shows due to illness
    Thursday, 02 Jul 2009 14:41

http://www.inthenews.co.uk/entertain...s-$1308486.htm

Lil Wayne postpones forthcoming European shows due to illness

Rap star Lil Wayne has postponed his forthcoming European shows due to illness, it has been announced.

The Lollipop hitmaker was set to commence his tour in Paris on Thursday and perform six more dates over the next 10 days, including two shows in London.

But an official statement said the rapper - real Dwayne Carter - had been forced to cancel the concerts due to "doctor-mandated rest".

"Lil Wayne extends an apology to his fans for the short notice of this postponement but looks forward to returning for the performances and visitation with his fans," the statement added.

"Management is actively working on rescheduling the shows and expects to have a new set of dates confirmed for later in year."

Fans have been advised to retain their tickets ahead of announcement of the rescheduled shows.

Lil Wayne had been due to perform London's Apollo venue next week [July 6th and 7th] alongside Kid Cudi, as well as performing in Paris, Roskilde, Denmark, Amsterdam, Liege and Thurgau, Switzerland.

The Grammy winner is due in court next month over charges of possessing narcotics and a handgun on his tour bus in Arizona in January 2008, which he denies..

Re: Lil Wayne postpones European Tour Due to Illness

They did say the tour will happen still though

Comment

Re: Lil Wayne postpones European Shows Due to Illness

Beat me to it lol

I kind of knew this would happen, this seems to always happen when he goes to Europe

Comment

Originally posted by Danny M
        Beat me to it lol

I kind of knew this would happen, this seems to always happen when he goes to Europe
        haha, I put the link on ur article now though Ya it seems strange to me that it always happens too

Comment

whaaaaaaat ive been counting down to the london so for soooo long :/
          :3

Comment

Yeah, poor Sarah and Stephanie too

Comment

Anyone know what the real reason is

I actually think it has something to do with Rebirth being pushed back

Comment

i did wonder if it's to do with the court stuff? maybe he thought it'd be over by now or something idk

and dan, on twitter you put cancelled at first, where did you read that?
                :3

Comment

Explains BET awards.. hope he gets well
                  Tha Carter Franchise <3

Comment

is the london show the one at hammersmith on monday?
                    Money, Money, Money is my intuition, Money over bitches. Such an easy decision

Young Mula Baby

http://newcutsblog.com/

Comment

Ohhhh, I'm so angry/gutted. Just finished writing e-mails/calling to cancel my hotel and plane with little success in regard to the latter.

I am definitely not going to the rescheduled date as I will be too busy @ uni/working and hard up. I was sooooo looking forward to these shows too! I can't believe he left it till the last minute. I feel sorry for the people in Paris tonight too, they just found out a matter of hours before. In fact, I'm sure some people don't even know yet.

I have no interest in listening or supporting him and his work at present, maybe I'll change in time.

Ohh, I just noticed Luda is playing in London on the 7th. Should I just go see Ludacris instead? Hmm...

Comment

gutting, this would of been mY first time ever seeing wayne and to find out a matter of days before the event is crap. I have my tickets finally after weeks off waiting and then find out this news today. I will keep the tickets safe and will be attending the rearranged event but have lost out on money for the train tickets and money for hotel.
                        Money, Money, Money is my intuition, Money over bitches. Such an easy decision

Young Mula Baby

http://newcutsblog.com/

Comment

Working...
                        X