Adam Bhala Lough Speaking On Lil Wayne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam Bhala Lough Speaking On Lil Wayne

The Carter Documentary Director Shares His Thoughts On The Documentary & Lil Wayne

What's the lawsuit all about? I don't know anything about it. Is Lil' Wayne suing you?

Lil' Wayne sued QD3 Entertainment aka Quincy Jones III the producer/copyright owner of the film for 50 million dollars for defamation of character, breach of contract, attempting to slander his good name, etc. I'm not named in the lawsuit, thankfully.

Why did he pull his support from the project, because he didn't like seeing himself as more or less strung out on drugs?

Hold up, I don't think at any point in The Carter that Wayne is seen as "strung out." He's smoking weed and sippin' sizzurp throughout most of the film. That's blatantly obvious. But being "strung out" is a whole different ballgame (especially to anyone who's witnessed that in person) and thankfully that's not a part of the film.

I am actually not sure why or if Wayne really pulled his support from the film because I haven't spoken to him or his manager since Sundance 2009. What I've been told by friends and Young Money affiliates is that he loves the film, watches it on his bus and screens it for friends. It seems as though his handlers are the ones who have pulled his support from the film for whatever reason I am unclear about but it never had anything to do with me or the film, it was a personal issue between Wayne's camp and QD3's camp.

In your opinion, is there Michael Jackson-style enabling surrounding Wayne? Like, people should sever their relationships with him if they don't like his nonstop syrup consumption, but don't because they're holding out for a payday?

It's hard for me to comment on this because it's been a year since I've seen Wayne so I don't know what the situation with him and his crew is like right now. But like Michael Jackson, Lil' Wayne has a large support group of handlers, lawyers, enablers, leaches and parasites. He's aware of who are the parasites and who are his true friends. He's been doing this since he was 12 years old, similar to MJ.

As you see in the film Cortez Bryant (Wayne's manager and childhood friend) actually cares about Wayne and is not afraid to go head to head with him on certain things and that makes him an invaluable asset to Wayne's life, career and business. I have a lot of respect for Tez, he's a righteous dude above all and he's not afraid to speak his mind. You need people like that around you even if you don't agree with them, even if they annoy the s__t out of you.

As for the "non-stop syrup consumption" � He's the first to admit that "I drink a lot of Syrup, b__ches say I'm sleep walkin'." So I think he's incredibly open about it � or at least he used to be. Now he won't talk about it. His attitude about people asking him about it is, "Why do you give a f__k what's in my cup � it's in MY CUP. Leave me alone." As he says in the film "Please don't judge me" or call me a drug addict you don't know me and you don't know anything about what I do. And as he says in the film "A junkie can't do what the f__k I do" meaning a junkie can't hold down the incredible work schedule he does and carry an entire record label on his back at the same time. Marinate on that one for a second.

My intention was never to make the Syrup such a huge issue in this film. But as I was following him for nearly a year there was not one moment when he didn't have that Styrofoam cup. So it had to be addressed at some point. And we address it by letting him have the last word about it: "Please don't judge me."

Via: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/m ... =head_main

To Read The Rest Click On The Link Above

Re: Adam Bhala Lough Speaking On Lil Wayne

Already posted.
    viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11079

Comment

Re: Adam Bhala Lough Speaking On Lil Wayne

Mods, Lock?

Comment

Working...
      X