CIV's Success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIV's Success

Think it's going to be as successful as CIII?

I'm kinda off the edge about this because of a lot of things.
    Cons
    -It might not have big or good features such Bobby V and Jay-Z,etc.(Rebirth had only Shanell,Nicki,and Em)
    -A lot of people might judge it by how Rebirth did on the charts and what the critics said(which IMO was a good album)
    -A lot of people might judge it by Lollipop(if you hadn't noticed,a lot of comments on YouTube are "i miss old wayne,fuck new wayne and his autotune)

Pros
    -Rebirth on the charts and the critics might make him a lot stronger on his rap skills.
    -After experimenting on Rebirth deep "rock" stuff,his raps will be more meaningfulness and different(much more rapping about than just about women,money,and material things)
    -He's far ahead of the rap game now

What you think?

" F R E E . W E E Z Y . "

Re: CIV's Sucess

they definitely wont judge it as Rebirth..

its Tha Carter 4 they will think of C3 not Rebirth

and waynes gotten so much better now then in the C3 days... so this will be (i hate this word) EPIC

Comment

I honestly don't see any album doin 1 mil first week for a while...C3 was just outta this world in that aspect. It will do very well though, I'd bet a good wager on it being the #1 rap album of 2010 in terms of 1st week sales. I think 750k first week is a good estimate.

And the less features the better, ideally I would get Juelz, Bobby V, Nicki, Drake, Jay, Gucci and that's all. 6 guest features would be .

Comment

Originally posted by chisox1917
        I honestly don't see any album doin 1 mil first week for a while...C3 was just outta this world in that aspect. It will do very well though, I'd bet a good wager on it being the #1 rap album of 2010 in terms of 1st week sales. I think 750k first week is a good estimate.

And the less features the better, ideally I would get Juelz, Bobby V, Nicki, Drake, Jay, Gucci and that's all. 6 guest features would be .
        i'd say a feature from Ludacris...all yall sleepin on him

Comment

Originally posted by chisox1917

Nah I would switch gucci for T.I. and bobby v for Chris Brown

"You tied to the track on my train of thoughts, and controlling my thoughts is like tamin sharks..."

"I gotta hit 'em, like redbones wit long hair, fuck wit me ya ass is grass, get a lawn chair..."
          "Life is a bitch, I'll make her yo ex..."
          - B.R.A. (Best Rapper Alive)

ShAkE 'eM uP!!
          sHaKe 'Em Up!! ShAkE 'eM uP!!!

Comment

Re: CIV's Success

Gucci is just personal preference, TI/Luda would be dope as hell too. But Gucci/Wayne sounded real good on Stupid Wild together, and Drake's collabs with Gucci were sick. So a Gucci/Drake/Wayne collab? Yeeeahh.

And idk about Chris Brown..I like Trey Songz, Lloyd and Bobby V more than him, but I Can Transform Ya is definitely one of my favorite tracks Wayne has been on with an R&B artist.

Comment

Also if Drake has huge success with TML then that'll probably motivate Wayne to go harder since Drake is really his only comp. at the moment and plus he's on his team.

Comment

Originally posted by EastsideBoi89
                Also if Drake has huge success with TML then that'll probably motivate Wayne to go harder since Drake is really his only comp. at the moment and plus he's on his team.
                Agreed...

Wayne and Drake are big known heads of hip-hop now and they would just RAPE the rap game if that happened.

Comment

Originally posted by EastsideBoi89
                  i dunno eminem has got relapse II

Comment

Eminem is the best rapper alive, sorry all, just my opinion. BUT I think the Wayne is doing his thing right now, sets Wayne up for a better future. I mean, Wayne and his clique Young Money are going to be relevant for YEEEEEEEARRS.

Eminem has gone through a few proteges (Ca$his, Bishop Lamont, Bobby Creekwater, Stat Quo, etc.) - and none of them even dropped an album..flopped hard. Wayne has 2 rappers in his group (Nicki & Drake) that will be putting out albums for another decade, and Wayne will probably still be around 10 years from now if he don't die .

Comment

You gotta realize too though.
                      Relapse 2 is probably most likely coming 2010.
                      Carter IV,on the other hand,won't be out til 2011 most likely.Wayne's music is now famously now known for push-backs.lol

Carter III - original 12/11/07 final 6/10/08
                      Rebirth - original 4/7/09 final 2/2/10

But,for me,these push-backs gives Wayne more time to make the album 10x better than it would probably originally would.

Comment

Yeah it sucks to have all the delays - and this also gives us a whole ton of high quality unreleased music along the way. But if TML doesn't drop in 2010 I will be .

Comment

Working...
                        X