X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Detox..

Originally posted by Wisheezy
    Originally posted by Mr. BreezYbeatZ
    They both ghost-wrote for Dr. Dre on Detox. They got paid BIG money.
    No offence. But lmfao. Why would Dre ask Drake and Weezy to write for him? Dr. Dre, Em, Luda, Nas, Jay-Z, all the other huge hiphop icons and superstars/legends are on there, no offence but Dre is awesome and shouldn't be using drizzy and weezy to write for him, that'll ruin his reputation and lyrical ability.

i.e lyrical ability as in people know how dre raps, so drake/weezy writing would expose that that's not his style, etc. Also dre's overall old school rep.

? If they didnt ghost- write for him why would of wayne said it?

Comment

Nothing to do with Lil Wayne but the 1st Detox single is dropping this Friday and its called Under Pressure and its featuring Jay Z.

Don't know if it's new to y'all
      Mr. Mike Tyson flow Uppercut ALL Y'ALL

Comment

Originally posted by Guyguy
        Nothing to do with Lil Wayne but the 1st Detox single is dropping this Friday and its called Under Pressure and its featuring Jay Z.

Don't know if it's new to y'all
        we know that bro

Comment

Originally posted by crash92
          No offence. But lmfao. Why would Dre ask Drake and Weezy to write for him? Dr. Dre, Em, Luda, Nas, Jay-Z, all the other huge hiphop icons and superstars/legends are on there, no offence but Dre is awesome and shouldn't be using drizzy and weezy to write for him, that'll ruin his reputation and lyrical ability.

i.e lyrical ability as in people know how dre raps, so drake/weezy writing would expose that that's not his style, etc. Also dre's overall old school rep.
          Almost every Dre song is written by someone else.

From Wikipedia about Dre:

Ghostwriters

It is acknowledged that most of Dr. Dre's raps are written for him by others, though he retains ultimate control over his lyrics and the themes of his songs. As Aftermath producer Mahogany told Scratch: "It's like a class room in [the booth]. He'll have three writers in there. They'll bring in something, he'll recite it, then he'll say. 'Change this line, change this word,' like he's grading papers." As seen in the credits for tracks Young has appeared on, there are often multiple people who contribute to his songs (although it should be noted that often in hip hop many people are officially credited as a writer for a song, even the producer).

In the book How to Rap, RBX explains that writing The Chronic was a "team effort" and details how he ghostwrote "Let Me Ride" for Dre. In regard to ghostwriting lyrics he says, "Dre doesn't profess to be no super-duper rap dude - Dre is a super-duper producer". As a member of N.W.A, The D.O.C. wrote lyrics for him while he stuck with producing. Popular New York City rapper Jay-Z ghostwrote lyrics for the single "Still D.R.E." from Dr. Dre's album 2001.
          I think it's very likely that Weezy and Drake both wrote on Detox.
          Damn, I stand corrected. I just lost alot of respect for Dre. Thanks guys haha.

Comment

[quote=Mr. BreezYbeatZ]
            Originally posted by "Mr. BreezYbeatZ":111of1eu

? If they didnt ghost- write for him why would of wayne said it?[/quote:111of1eu]
            yea, all waynes true fans should know wayne dnt lie about that stuff. Most of the stuff he says istrue unless its a fiction line like living on mars etc
            For All The People On LWHQ That Hate Me, I Dont Fault You, Cuz i Really Dont Care, I'm Not Here For Ya'll. So if Your Not Gunna Try To, Then Whatever You Say Or Think About Me Is Totally Casper The Friendly Ghost, Meaning It's Not Real To Me, It Never Happened.

Comment

For some reason, I thought it stood out when Em ghostwrote for Dre. Like Dre's flow was all the sudden nothing like it used to be.
              I think wayne and drake could do him justice just as Jay and others have.

makes me think about wayne adopting that bone flow over that bone beat way back

Comment

That's True

Comment

Originally posted by alkalin007

Rappers RESPECT Wayne.. they fear his lyrics. am i wrong?
                  Nobody really fears wayne they just make songs wit him b/c he's the most popular artist rite now and makin song wit him is equals to makin millions of dollars lol.Anyways what he meant by that is dat they gonna be featured in Detox b/c as I heard Dre will only make beats and rappers will rap over it kinda like Dj Khaled.. Ya kno wat Im sayin?

Comment

yea but dre's beats are fucking amazing , gets you hooked to the song. Even if they wrote for dre it doesnt mean it will be on detox anyways

Comment

Originally posted by OctobersVeryOwn
                      The MAJORITY of Detox will have Jay & Em writing.
                      Exacty this

Comment

Originally posted by gaurang
                        yea but dre's beats are fucking amazing

They're good, but not that good. If you listen carefully his beats consist of the same kick and snare every time. He just adds different stuff to each.

Comment

Originally posted by gaurang
                          yea but dre's beats are fucking amazing

They're good, but not that good. If you listen carefully his beats consist of the same kick and snare every time. He just adds different stuff to each.
                          Yeah, almost every Dre beat has that Four-on-the-floor pattern (kick, hat, snare, hat, kick, hat, snare, hat.. etc)..

Comment

Working...
                          X