I Am Not A Human Being Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Am Not A Human Being Reviews

Post your reviews of the album. None of that stupid "Oh its cool 5/5." shit. This is for real reviews. Keep it to reviews only. If you wanna give your opinion on something some before you said, just give your thoughts at the bottom of your post. Btw, permission from Tha_Chronic to make this thread. Just keep it in line so he doesn't have to lock it. It'd be cool to read everyones reviews of the album! Lego!

Official Album Thread
    Download (If you haven't got it yet)

Gonorrhea - Fire beat. Wayne came heavy with the punchlines, he was spitting fire. But he was kinda all over the place with what he was talking about. I personally think Drake had the best verse. "And a flag the color red like a fucking low battery", wow. This song is definitely good though, perfect for the album.
    Hold Up - Feeling this song. Kinda gave me the old school Wayne feel, not sure why. Flow was on point on this song. T-Streets verse was just okay. It'll probably grow on me.
    With You - Damn, this is gunna go down of one of Wayne's best songs all time. The vibe on this song is incredible. One of the best Wayne songs we've gotten in a long ass time. Probably the best song on the album. I like how Wayne and Drake split the chorus, its perfect. Wayne was on some amazing shit on this.
    I Am Not A Human Being - Love the beat. New verses are so on point. Loved this song since the original leaked. The visuals for this were different, but cool though.
    I'm Single - Hmmm. Not much to say about this. Was really hoping to hear Drake on the hook, or a verse. Disappointed we didn't get it. I'm still hoping we'll hear it soon though, whether it leaks or official release. But this is a good track either way. Always loved it.
    Whats Wrong With Them - This track has been growing on me. Still in love with Nicki's hook though. She killed it. Best part of the track to me. Wayne's verses are growing on me. Still don't get why his voice sounds so weird on the 2nd verse. 1st verse was on point though.
    Right Above It - What to say about this track. This was all of Weezy's fans favorite song when it first came out. Maybe its not 'C4 material' but this is perfect for this album. Drake kills it to start off the track. Wayne comes in with a hell of a catchy hook. Then just kills it. Lyrics are sick as hell on this. Love this song since I've heard it. Beat is amazing too! Wayne & Drake collaboration's are never a let down.
    Popular - To be honest, probably my least favorite song off the album. Beat wasn't as good as I thought it'd be after hearing the snippets. Its okay though. Wayne delivered definitely. I like how he stayed on topic throughout though. Wasn't feeling the "She got that good good, Michael Jackson bad" shit though. That line is too played out now. Keep that shit back in last year, don't revive it Wayne. Li Twist though, ehh. His part was listenable. But nothing amazing. Weird hearing him rapping about what he is, I've never heard him rap shit like that ha. Song is decent. It'd be better with just Wayne though.
    That Ain't Me - Another good ass track. Love the feel/vibe to this. Wayne spitting some real shit on this. Jay Sean's hook fit this song so much, its perfect. Another one of my favorites from the album. Love the Saved By The Bell lines/reference. Probably some of my favorite lines for the album.
    Bill Gates - Wow, what a track to end the album on. Another one of my favorites. Beat is probably my favorite on the album. The feel on this is just amazing. Don't know what it is.. Maybe the beat, maybe Wayne. I don't know. But I love this song. Lyrics, flow, beat... All on point.

Well this went from an EP to an album. In my opinion it would've been better as an EP with like 2 tracks taken off. But either way, its still a good collection of songs. I like how its got two of the best bangers at the beginning and end. Then a mixture of songs throughout. I would say pretty much every beat is on fucking point. They all fit each songs nicely. The production top notch. Wayne delivered 100% on this. Lyrics and flow are always something Wayne never fails on. I felt like he could've had more hooks of his own. Like more meaningful ones... But the features were all on point in my eyes, Twist could have been left off the song though. Overall though, I liked this album. Definitely not his best though. I'd give it a 8/10.
    Last edited by THA GR8 M8; 09-26-2010, 05:47 PM.

protect dunston at all costs

Re: I Am Not A Human Being Reviews

pretty dope imo. i like all the songs except popular not feeling the twist part too much. also wasnt happy with how many times they keep changing the song "i am not a human being" around. i got the original version, some other version, the music video version, and now the so called "official" lol
    ​lolololololololololol

Comment

Better then what I expected, I like nearly every track except I'm Single, and Gonorrhea. Cant wait for C4 now. Best EP/album I've heard from Wayne in a LONG time.

Comment

Check your spelling in the Hold Up Review.

Favorite songs were With You and Bill Gates

Comment

basically agree with everything you said, Bill Gates is my fav track, 2nd fav is Gonn. 3rd would be Right Above It. something i can listen to until the beast is free, then for C4 it's a wrap. That Aint Me is tied with Right Above It, lyrics were dope, flow and beat reminded me of Pray to the Lord. Great track and LP.

Comment

Nice review...
            Here's my review (not as detailed as yours) :

1. GONORRHEA : What a song! I dont think his lines are all over, he talking about hurtng his enemy throughout and some sick punchlines too...nice beat too.
            "yeah you boys is washed up
            and I’m sh-ttin on em like two girls and one cup"
            2. HOLD UP : Loved the track, Streetz part was OK, but wasnt necessary. Don't see the actual point of the song to be honest...
            " i fuck her in her dreams, and make her cum true"
            3. WITH YOU : Yeah, one of the better songs on the album, some amazing punchlines in there... and nice slow beat and i agree witht he mixing the chorus together.
            "Lets get together overnight
            Shawty Imma pro and you lookin like the prototype"
            4. I AM NOT A HUMAN BEING : Not that much into it, is a old beat but the lyrics do kill it! More like a Rebirth track...
            "I'm killing them, see the white flag from the enemy
            Shoot you in ya head and leave ya dash full of memories"
            5. IM SINGLE : Was expectng the Drake one, but i dont think i would like it if it like the one he did in Seattle.

6.WHAT'S WRONG WITH THEM: Dunno why everybody hating on this, it a nice beat, nice lyrics and Nicki smoothes it over some amazing lyrics in there too
            "life is my wife, till death do us part"
            7.RIGHT ABOVE IT: Need anything be said? Just classic Wayne, doing what he does best...spitting raw rap as Baby said
            "I can hand it to Drake or do a Quarterback Draw
            Wildcat offense,Check the paw prints
            We in the building,You niggas in apartments"
            8.POPULAR: Not into it at all, least favourite track, but then again cant expect to like EVERY SINGLE track

9. THAT AINT ME : Amazing track, absoultely. What a nice collabo. Jay Sean with his chorus and weezy with the amazing lyrics and punchlines...Perfect
            "Never saved by the bell in a black school
            And I stay in trouble like Zack do"
            10. BILL GATES : Don't think im into as much as everybody else. Is a good track, but nothing special. But some great lines in there like always
            "Weezy fuck the world, yup I fuck it till it ovulate"

P.S Never done a review before...lemme know.

*-------------~~--~~---ItsAzaa---~~--~~-------------*

--[<]--[<]--[<]--Truk Da Wur!!--[>]--[>]--[>]--

Comment

I'll use the letter grade and give it a B. It's a cool lil "album" nothing that really blows my mind though. It does have a lot of catchy songs though and will probably last us over until he comes home.

Comment

Gonorrhea
                - Just a bunch of punchlines and nice beat. Didn't hate it, didn't love it. I liked Drake's flow alot but I still think Wayne had the best verse. Shouldn't have been the intro, solid song though.

Hold Up - Really good.... loved the beat, loved the verses and I even liked Streets on this. "Based on a true story, I got a lot of flows and none of em' two story"

With You
                - Classic song. Really needed a song like this after two raw tracks like Gonorrhea and Hold Up. I'm happy Drake just did the chorus and Streetrunner did a hell of a job with the beat.

I Am Not A Human Being - Never liked the original version, but this version is much much much better and I like it. Bunch of punchlines all over and a crazy beat. "Young Money baby we the shit like flies food, ya'll can't see us - like the bride shoes"

I'm Single - Expected the Drake version... loved the song but I don't like it as much with all these new songs.

What's Wrong With Them - Could have been one of the best songs but Wayne didn't deliver with the verses. Nicki killed the hook and Wayne did OK. Song is still growing on me though.

Right Above It - Loved it since it came out... didn't like Drake's verse but I liked Wayne's and loved the chorus. Kane Beatz did well too.

Popular - Like it much more than I thought I would... Wayne overused the Bedrock line but Lil' Twist impressed me.

That Ain't Me - Sounded like some 2006 shit.. don't think it actually was though. Jay Sean fit perfectly and Wayne had some of most lyrical verses in a LONG time. Streetrunner killed it again.

Bill Gates - Wow... the beat, the flow, the lyrics, the swag, the energy. Would've liked a third verse but besides that this shit was flawless. "Skinny ass pants, fresh pair of Vans. If them niggas keep trippin' they can share an ambulance"

OVERALL - Not as good as any of Tha Carter's but really good anyways... I liked how Wayne didn't sing or use autotune (besides Right Above It hook) and I loved the production. Not a beat I didn't like. I think Wayne is starting to rap too much about guns too, I think he has a gun line in every song.. could have done without all that. Either way, great music just to let em' know who still runs this rap shit. 7.5/10

Comment

The snippets of popular sounds great but I'd have to wait for full ver.

Comment

Originally posted by Danielw597 View Post
                    The snippets of popular sounds great but I'd have to wait for full ver.
                    Loock at the Download section Bro!!!!!

The album leaked hours ago lol

Comment

I just listened to it, thanks for the download link ...

To me the album was:

lyrically acceptable because he got a bunch of sick punchlines but, on the other hand, he reformulate them a couple of time during the entire album. Plus, I tought that there is a lack substance...they bring no where. Carter III was better at concept for songs

instrumentally dope. They all fire except IANHB and what's wrong with them...IMO.

flowly good, a bit slow on mst of the songs but he goes in, in many songs like right above it, gonorrhea, bill gates, hold up and that ain't me.

Overall: The album is pretty good, not as good as the Carter series, with a good beat, nice verse by wayne and some guest that did a good job, but definitely not remains in the must have. I'm still waiting for Carter IV..a real album.

I would say 7/10, better than Rebirth but not as good as Carter series.

Comment

I only like two songs:
                        That Ain't Me- Love it, favorite. He talked about real stuff in the song. The lyrics speaks for itself. Love what he said about Church, N.O., and Blacks.

Popular- I'm a female so of course I like this song. Its not disrespectful.

Comment

Working...
                        X