• Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Tha Carter IV Discussion Thread

Originally posted by WeezYIsCraaazY View Post
    Good . The Closest WhSmith Is Far But Whatever I'm Getting It
    same i'll be getting it asap

^^ Created by Jake_YMCMB

Comment

• where will 6 foot 7 foot chart on billboard?

wayne already got his single up to #1 on itunes. the last time this happend wayne debuted at #6 on hot 100 with "right above it". i think this time it will deff be in the top 5 or it will debut at number 1.

so gimme yall opinions and will this single help c4 sell a mill in a week or will wayne have to release more songs that debut in the top 10?

for carter 3 wayne had 4 top 20 singles!!! he should make another lollipop type of record to get all the teenagers on his dick again and he should make another club banger like got money. idk this is speculating but where will 6 foot 7 foot chart and what kind of promotion will wayne need to get 1 mill in a week again and to make him win best rap album/album of the year.

or is it impossible for a rap artist to sell a mill in a week again. because kanye had the best album of the year and he cudnt push 500,000 copies!

Comment

• Re: where will 6 foot 7 foot chart on billboard?

Lil Wayne already has more promo than Kanye's album did, and obviously you're going to need more than one single to sell a million. And also a more diverse track.

Ohh yea I think it's going to hit #3 on billboard now sure how much airplay it's getting in the US though

Comment

i def don't see 6'7' a radio banger like i said before. he does need another Lolipop type record. but I don't think that's possible. The closet Lolipop "remake" was On Fire...... idk tho

Comment

A hot Lil Wanye + T Pain would get crazy air play(I'm sure they have one already), I have a good feeling he's on the next C4 single. DJ Khalid's first single is due on Jan 1st I believe, it also features Wayne which should be hot and will also add to Lil Wayne's promo.

Another thing is most of the big albums dropped already so there isn't anything dropping anytime soon by a big artist, the closet album I can think of is LASERS which is due sometime in march.

Comment

Tha Carter IV = highest selling rap album of 2011 and also Top five for the year in any genre.....6'7 is a street single and wayne knows that it won't crossover....he expects it to do well on radio but he needs that singalong song...He gonna do that very soon and I think its gonna have a feature again.......He is gonna sell over 500k easily.....
              Mississippi x California x North Carolina

Comment

I could definitely see it debuting in the top 5, I'll be a little surprised if it doesn't actually. Will it help C4 sell? Yes, but he will obviously need more than 1 single to do a mill 1st week. I would guess there will be 4 C4 singles. I think a mill is possible, but unlikely. Kanye's isn't a good measuring stick though because it was a really good album, but honestly there wasn't much promotion before the release. With better promotion he would've sold a lot more

"Mind so sharp I fuck around and cut my head off"
                http://spontaneousoverflow.com/wordpress/?p=1673

Comment

Originally posted by wolverinebball11 View Post
                  I could definitely see it debuting in the top 5, I'll be a little surprised if it doesn't actually. Will it help C4 sell? Yes, but he will obviously need more than 1 single to do a mill 1st week. I would guess there will be 4 C4 singles. I think a mill is possible, but unlikely. Kanye's isn't a good measuring stick though because it was a really good album, but honestly there wasn't much promotion before the release. With better promotion he would've sold a lot more
                  I dsagree....kanye album had a shit load of promotion.....SNL, CNN, His movie and all of that shit........I think kanye didnt sell because they're 1 million people (Taylor Swift Supporters) that no longer fuck with Kanye ...and I can almost guarantee they didnt cop his album when normally some would probably have....also some people just think Kanye is a Dick...
                  Mississippi x California x North Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Cli-City View Post
                    I dsagree....kanye album had a shit load of promotion.....SNL, CNN, His movie and all of that shit........I think kanye didnt sell because they're 1 million people (Taylor Swift Supporters) that no longer fuck with Kanye ...and I can almost guarantee they didnt cop his album when normally some would probably have....also some people just think Kanye is a Dick...
                    Yeah I guess, but I didn't hear much Kanye at all on the radio coming up to the release, and that's the best way to promote imo. You're right about the Taylor Swift/people thinking he's a dick portion though for sure.

"Mind so sharp I fuck around and cut my head off"
                    http://spontaneousoverflow.com/wordpress/?p=1673

Comment

Originally posted by DreezyBaby View Post
                      i def don't see 6'7' a radio banger like i said before. he does need another Lolipop type record. but I don't think that's possible. The closet Lolipop "remake" was On Fire...... idk tho
                      or Prom Queen..that hit like #15 on Billboard..

Comment

The Billboard chart depends on how many people buy the single plus the amount of spins it got on the radio that week. If he gets over 200k DL's then it'll easily get the number one spot assuming it's playing on the radio as well

Comment

Originally posted by EastsideBoi89 View Post
                          The Billboard chart depends on how many people buy the single plus the amount of spins it got on the radio that week. If he gets over 200k DL's then it'll easily get the number one spot assuming it's playing on the radio as well
                          Right Above It sold over 200k first week and didn't hit number one...It got pretty good radio play too.

Comment

Working...
                          X