This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Tha Carter IV Discussion Thread

So his voice on the second verse of "What's Wrong With Them" or "Get Bizzy" doesn't make you cringe?

What's A Goon To A Willem Dafoe.

Comment

Originally posted by DeezyMac View Post
      So his voice on the second verse of "What's Wrong With Them" or "Get Bizzy" doesn't make you cringe?
      That part is really awful sometimes
      THIS AIN'T NOTHING TO RELATE TO.

last.fm || twitter

Comment

Originally posted by DeezyMac View Post
        The verse is trash...his flow messed it up. His voice doesn't mean shit

6'7 lyrically shits on everything he's done in years and he had the "high pitch" voice. Now stop asking me about his fukkin voice..talk about something more important

What comes easy, won't Last. What Lasts won't come easy.

Comment

the whole voice thing has been argued about before, and since he was in the game...

fact of the matter is this:

he'll never sound like Pac/Biggie/Jay/Dre/etc etc.... i remember having this exact conversation when i was in high school in 2004. as soon as Tha Carter dropped, "man, he sounds so weird, it doesnt sound like other rappers, it doesnt sound like gangsta rap" blah blah blah. i didnt have a problem with it then, and still dont. i'm not gonna defend his voice, and i'm not gonna fight with you if you feel differently... But damn! how long do we have to bring up this argument? I agree there are points/songs in his career where it sounds "less high-pitched" or w/e, but he's BEEN doing that, and if you have that big of a problem with it, then you gotta take the "good" with the different.

this is a get-buck type, street banger, that i already have given the stamp of approval when its acutally bangin in the streets, it sounds amazing. talk about lipsyncing in the car, this hook is exactly that... its not like i'm not gonna sit here and bump my head to it. wish this woulda dropped when i could press play before a game, or while workin out or some shit. gets you hype like a motherfucker, and wayne had that "i'm hype as fuck right now", bout to attack this hook, and if it wasnt for the auto-tune on "My Life" hook, it would sound ridiculously similar. that song had that emotion, this one has that fuckin attitude.

how many other rappers can do somethin like this, on a hook?! ppl thinkin wayne's about to go in, but it ends up being just the hook. tell me this wont be spit by everybody and their neighbors in the coming days/weeks/months?

again, how are you not used to this? same shit, different *DECADE*?!?!?!

(*that alone should tell you somethin*)

#RunWithIt/RunFromIt

Comment

Originally posted by Kronnick View Post
            the whole voice thing has been argued about before, and since he was in the game...

fact of the matter is this:

he'll never sound like Pac/Biggie/Jay/Dre/etc etc.... i remember having this exact conversation when i was in high school in 2004. as soon as Tha Carter dropped, "man, he sounds so weird, it doesnt sound like other rappers, it doesnt sound like gangsta rap" blah blah blah. i didnt have a problem with it then, and still dont. i'm not gonna defend his voice, and i'm not gonna fight with you if you feel differently... But damn! how long do we have to bring up this argument? I agree there are points/songs in his career where it sounds "less high-pitched" or w/e, but he's BEEN doing that, and if you have that big of a problem with it, then you gotta take the "good" with the different.

this is a get-buck type, street banger, that i already have given the stamp of approval when its acutally bangin in the streets, it sounds amazing. talk about lipsyncing in the car, this hook is exactly that... its not like i'm not gonna sit here and bump my head to it. wish this woulda dropped when i could press play before a game, or while workin out or some shit. gets you hype like a motherfucker, and wayne had that "i'm hype as fuck right now", bout to attack this hook, and if it wasnt for the auto-tune on "My Life" hook, it would sound ridiculously similar. that song had that emotion, this one has that fuckin attitude.

how many other rappers can do somethin like this, on a hook?! ppl thinkin wayne's about to go in, but it ends up being just the hook. tell me this wont be spit by everybody and their neighbors in the coming days/weeks/months?

again, how are you not used to this? same shit, different *DECADE*?!?!?!

(*that alone should tell you somethin*)

#RunWithIt/RunFromIt
            This.

Comment

Kronnick >>>>>>>>>>

Comment

Originally posted by KnockMeOut View Post
                Kronnick >>>>>>>>>>
                is my dude!
                THIS AIN'T NOTHING TO RELATE TO.

last.fm || twitter

Comment

Lil wayne sounds like hisself, he has his own lyrical type flow, that noone can compete with. Nas, rakim, krs-1, mos def, all sound similar in some way. And thats the reason why i fuck with wayne, other rappers sound similar to each other, but only thing you can say is wayne's lines are similar to certain rappers, biggie, jay z, but does to had similar voices, and with wayne creating a new style of hip hop, is why i respect him. People are tryna rap like him.
                  Chopper dissect a nigga like science
                  Put a end to your world like the Mayans
                  Its a celeberation bitches Mazel Tov

Dirty!!!

Comment

If there was an award for most insightful motherfucker on this website Kronnick would win hands down. Love hearin what you got to say bro

Comment

The voice thing doesen't mean shit! Its what he says that matters to me , or do you wanna hear Wayne sing good?

Instagram:
                      NordicBeauties

Comment

I love to proof comments with songs.
                        I was just like yall VERY upset about his high voice these days.
                        But I think he hasn't found the perfect flow for it yet.
                        So please listen to Ridin With A Body.
                        Its such a perfect song with the same voice like on Rock N Roll.
                        With lines like ''I love weed so much I try to marry Juana.
                        Classic.
                        And his voice is high as hell but well used.
                        Evry question will be responsed by C4.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Mula Baaaby View Post
                          The voice thing doesen't mean shit! Its what he says that matters to me , or do you wanna hear Wayne sing good?
                          well for me the delivery is just as important as the lyrics. and when wayne starts to almost rape my ears with his squeeky 6 foot 7 foot voice, it's hard to stand at first. the voice grew on me, tho, so I don't have a problem with it anymore. I kinda like his "new" sober voice by now, especially because it's still as flexible as before!

FUCK WiT DUNSTON, iMMA PUT MY FOOT iN YO ASS

Comment

Working...
                          X