X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Tha Carter IV Discussion Thread

Originally posted by georgii View Post
    Bro how does his go from this- YouTube - Lil Wayne - Wasted (The Nino Brown Story Part. 2)

To thiss- YouTube - Wasted Lil wayne No ceilings mixtape

Thatsss called a a voice fixer or in other terms a pitch correcter its not just from cigars player trust i just gave you proof!!!

honestly, i think he re-recorded his verse with the "fixer"... plus the original Gucci/Plies joint is the same way, so it probably woulda sounded "unfinished"/not mixed/mastered... i really dont mind it, not like the "auto-tune" made him start singing/moaning. still kill't it. period.

97% of the time, "Fixer"/Pitch, matches with the "song"/beat/concept/remix etc etc. (i.e. All of the Lights, 6'7' <---- recent songs and they fit.)

i think some of ya'll might just be getting fooled by the laptop speakers/computer speakers/headphones, of course its gonna sound "pitchy" or "sharp", w/e you wanna call it... but in the bassment, in the whip, on a legit speaker system, its not nearly as apparent. 6'7' sounds 10x better, so did(does) A Milli.

and, again:

the more different his "fan" categories get (constantly growing), the more different "types of music/songs" we get... hustle hard, 6'7', grn & yllo, grenade/motivation, can a drummer get some/rock n roll, ++++ (all REALLY different from eachother).... i'm certainly not gonna loop "bow chicka"/"love affair" all day, so i cant complain that i dont have any other options, including the days of music that's pre-prison.... not to mention some of ya'll have yet to hear over 80% of his music.

its not like i couldnt take at least 12 tracks post-prison and put together a pretty nasty tape... and another mixtape for the lady-folk.

so as it stands now...

John - Raw

6'7' - Dope.

CIV - CRACK?

Comment

Originally posted by Kronnick View Post
      honestly, i think he re-recorded his verse with the "fixer"... plus the original Gucci/Plies joint is the same way, so it probably woulda sounded "unfinished"/not mixed/mastered... i really dont mind it, not like the "auto-tune" made him start singing/moaning. still kill't it. period.

97% of the time, "Fixer"/Pitch, matches with the "song"/beat/concept/remix etc etc. (i.e. All of the Lights, 6'7' <---- recent songs and they fit.)

i think some of ya'll might just be getting fooled by the laptop speakers/computer speakers/headphones, of course its gonna sound "pitchy" or "sharp", w/e you wanna call it... but in the bassment, in the whip, on a legit speaker system, its not nearly as apparent. 6'7' sounds 10x better, so did(does) A Milli.

and, again:

the more different his "fan" categories get (constantly growing), the more different "types of music/songs" we get... hustle hard, 6'7', grn & yllo, grenade/motivation, can a drummer get some/rock n roll, ++++ (all REALLY different from eachother).... i'm certainly not gonna loop "bow chicka"/"love affair" all day, so i cant complain that i dont have any other options, including the days of music that's pre-prison.... not to mention some of ya'll have yet to hear over 80% of his music.

its not like i couldnt take at least 12 tracks post-prison and put together a pretty nasty tape... and another mixtape for the lady-folk.

so as it stands now...

John - Raw

6'7' - Dope.

CIV - CRACK?
      Killed it, no more arguements, end of the discussion right there

matter fact just close the thread

All I have in this world is a pistol and a promise!

Comment

#7 for those who care

Itunes btw

What comes easy, won't Last. What Lasts won't come easy.

Comment

We're not fucking closing the thread are u crazy

^^ Created by Jake_YMCMB

Comment

John is not a C4 right?

Cuz theres no indication from ymcmb or anyone thats promoting it as c4 singe.

phew..........

btw I think C4 will be like C2 with the amount of songs hes singing from C2 in his concerts it seems he still has the ability to spit like that and hes almost giving a subliminal hint of whats to come for c4.
            Last edited by srikarr12; 03-29-2011, 04:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisBLawyer View Post
              #7 for those who care

Itunes btw
              Wow i'm suprised it's 6 now, it might even hit #1 at this rate by the night.

Comment

Originally posted by kfadahunsi View Post
                We're not fucking closing the thread are u crazy
                It was a joke genius, that's why I put the troll face

All I have in this world is a pistol and a promise!

Comment

Originally posted by srikarr12 View Post
                  John is not a C4 right?

Cuz theres no indication from ymcmb or anyone thats promoting it as c4 singe.

phew..........

btw I think C4 will be like C2 with the amount of songs hes singing from C2 in his concerts it seems he still has the ability to spit like that and hes almost giving a subliminal hint of whats to come for c4.
                  Yes John is from C4..I don't recall 6'7' being promoted by YMCMB either? it was mostly self promoted through different articles and such, and also Lil Wayne never tweeted anything about it..also he only sings two songs from C2 Fireman and Go DJ(both we're mainstream singles) lol..

btw read this on KTT in their Lil Wayne thread

"i was at the concert in nassau last nite and he mentioned carter 4 may 16th a buncha times and was like if youre buying carter 4 on may 16th make motherfuckin noise...i think this release date is actually gonna stick! wayne fans would know never to trust a release date but i dont think they wer talkin out there ass with this one!"

Comment

Originally posted by gaurang View Post
                    I don't think the single is going to reach #1 on iTunes or even top 20 on billboard..
                    Its not...
                    Mississippi x California x North Carolina

Comment

Yes John is from C4..I don't recall 6'7' being promoted by YMCMB either? it was mostly self promoted through different articles and such, and also Lil Wayne never tweeted anything about it..

and he posted it on his facebook too (or twist did or whoever runs it)

this preetty much says its official
                      Last edited by mollyd812; 03-29-2011, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mollyd812 View Post

and he posted it on his facebook too (or twist did or whoever runs it)
                        You're comparing tweeting a song name to artist who tweet 100 times+ about their material? But you're right about the facebook they promotes his shit a lot through there just read "John" when I logged on lol.

Comment

You're comparing tweeting a song name to artist who tweet 100 times+ about their material?
                          Not trying to argue, but in a sense it is. Wayne is Wayne. He can tweet '...' and get 100+ RT's in seconds. Him saying '6 foot 7 foot' one time (to me) is equal to Kanye or Ross or whoever saying they have a new song coming.

But on topic, I'd like a more solid confirmation on 'John'.

Comment

Working...
                          X