This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Tha Carter IV Discussion Thread

I think wayne getting big kinda put the emphasis back on lyrics. it seemed to me for a while after illmatic...with the exception of a few records like college dropout and black album...that lyrics all throughout the game fell off. all you needed was a good beat and catchy hook and you could be a superstar for a period of time...Ex (soulja boy, dem franchize boys)...with waynes style being about punchlines and stuff people really started paying attention to what he was actually saying. even haters....they hated / and still do because they say he doesnt stay on topic...but at the end of the day they're paying attention to his lyrics. i think that was great for the game because that made all other rappers have to step up lyrically or else they would only have a hit every now and then. wayne saved hip hop because he put the attention back on lyrics. thats what i think.
    Cole World: The Sideline Story
    September 27, 2011

Comment

the last album that changed hiphop was Blueprint by Jay-Z obviously. C3 didn't change the game for shit, it was just great or even one off greatest albums in 21st century.

Comment

Originally posted by lukii@pl View Post
        the last album that changed hiphop was Blueprint by Jay-Z obviously. C3 didn't change the game for shit, it was just great or even one off greatest albums in 21st century.
        BluePrint was Poppy as fuck that change shit were saying c3 CHANGED THE WAY PEOPLE RAP

Comment

it changed mainstream sound for years, even now producers are inspired by sound on Blueprint, i don't think C3 changed the way people rap, because no one can rap like Weezy on C3, period

Comment

Originally posted by lukii@pl View Post
            it changed mainstream sound for years, even now producers are inspired by sound on Blueprint, i don't think C3 changed the way people rap, because no one can rap like Weezy on C3, period
            I dont understand why people think C3 was so good, tbh it wasnt that good of an album imo. I dont care if it sold 1 million copies 1st week, to me it wasnt even that good of a album. The only good songs on the album were Misunderstood, Playin With Fire, Shoot Me Down, Tie My Hands and Mr. Carter. Other than that the rest of the songs sucked imo. Wayne hasnt been untoucable since C2-Drought 3. That time no artist was touching Waynes flow and lyrics.

Comment

Originally posted by trstmeimapro View Post
              I dont understand why people think C3 was so good, tbh it wasnt that good of an album imo. I dont care if it sold 1 million copies 1st week, to me it wasnt even that good of a album. The only good songs on the album were Misunderstood, Playin With Fire, Shoot Me Down, Tie My Hands and Mr. Carter. Other than that the rest of the songs sucked imo. Wayne hasnt been untoucable since C2-Drought 3. That time no artist was touching Waynes flow and lyrics.
              You didn't think 3 Peat, A Milli, Dr. Carter, and Let the Beat Build were good?

"Mind so sharp I fuck around and cut my head off"
              http://spontaneousoverflow.com/wordpress/?p=1673

Comment

Originally posted by wolverinebball11 View Post
                You didn't think 3 Peat, A Milli, Dr. Carter, and Let the Beat Build were good?
                Let The Beat Build and Dr. Carter were good too, forgot them

Comment

Originally posted by trstmeimapro View Post
                  C3 is most probaly my fav album ever, I bump every track on it without skipping, To me that makes a great album

Comment

C1 excellent album
                    C2 improved at all aspects
                    C3 Became poppy somewhat but contained classical songs least of the 3 THIS IS WHERE HE BECAME MAINSTREAM
                    C4 ?

NOW LOOK
                    College dropout amazing album great music
                    Late registration even better more musical album than last one
                    808 and heartbreak poppy he became more mainstream and his music was hard to enjoy now
                    Mbdf dark album but was a excellent album for him to return to rap all songs had some meaning and ofcourse great music

C4 tells me this is gonna be sort of something like mbdf not in music he's gonna come back lyrical because that how we know LIL Wayne

Comment

i don't know, maybe is just me, but when C3 came out i felt like this is something big that we all gonna remember for a long time, for me it was perfect album, some 'real' songs, some street songs, some club bangers. lyrics were just insane to me, specially the word play on all these songs, flow was incredible too. production was soo fucking gooooooood, Deezle is the man, his beats are magic, Kanye did some amazing work too, except La La La, i didn't liked it and this is the only song that i don't like from C3. some people may not like this album, this shit is diffrent and obviously 'old Wayne' fans don't have to like it. me personally i like Wayne from 2005 to this moment the same, he is changing all the time and we will never get an album like C3.

Comment

Read my last comment

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

C3 was his most lyrical album it's just you asked way to much for it and because he had a few mainstream songs

Comment

i think you forgot about Graduation, for me it was the time when Kanye became popular as fuck #justsayin

i agree with part about C4, i think he'll definitely back to C2 era.

Comment

Working...
                          X