X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Tha Carter IV Discussion Thread

Originally posted by Franknstein View Post

Who else can buddy? Say Wayne and I know you're fucking around.
    Wayne could pull it off depending on how his album is promoted

Comment

Originally posted by EastsideBoi89 View Post
      Wayne could pull it off depending on how his album is promoted
      To got platinum in 2 weeks, we're talking roughly 750k first week, do you really think Wayne can do that even if they market C4 properly now?

Comment

Originally posted by Dukez View Post
        man ... this anne beat is absolutely ridic

YouTube - ‪Lil Wayne - Anne (Full version) (Prod. by Swizz Beatz)‬‏

obv a fan made rendition but this is as close to the real song as we can get right now lol.
        [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfSKyla5Xfo[/YOUTUBE]

Sounds a bit better.

As for sales, it's only sales. I mean, it's hard to ignore, but if you feel like supporting the artist go out and buy the album yourself, and don't depend on others to do so. No ceilings had no sales and it was great material. I would imagine Wayne only going harder on retail.

Comment

Originally posted by Franknstein View Post
          The thing is most of that IS true. Wayne has falling off, the hype for this album isn't high and unless drastic measures ARE taken it most likely will flop. Not ALL new Wayne sucks, merely most if it. If somehow Wayne does sell well and gets an awesome album, do you think we'll be pissed off lol. We'll be glad he did well. Call is haters all you want but we're merely disappointed fans.
          There is alot to come from wayne before the album is released, you can't know how much hype there will be after a few singles and the unplugged crap, and I think the tour is hyping alot.. And the falling off has been obvious for ages, why would someone keep going on about it?

But for one to predict that C4 will flop, or won't sell shit, and his songs will most likely suck, all this is just that the certain person has decided on a negative view on Wayne. You don't expect much from Wayne, most of your comments are something like "eminem and cole are better". That just means you prefer others over Wayne, and you need to keep telling it, EVERYWHERE. And for what, I ask you?

And another note on the falling off thing, really... Rebirth, his last real album was lyrically hot as hell, and so was his single from C4 -> 6f7f. Atleast to many of us, y'all just want to talk shit and bring hype down.

And I think most of you would be pissed if C4 would sell more than Eminem, tbh.. Or atleast, thats how I feel about some of you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Nethurrr View Post
            There is alot to come from wayne before the album is released, you can't know how much hype there will be after a few singles and the unplugged crap, and I think the tour is hyping alot.. And the falling off has been obvious for ages, why would someone keep going on about it?

But for one to predict that C4 will flop, or won't sell shit, and his songs will most likely suck, all this is just that the certain person has decided on a negative view on Wayne. You don't expect much from Wayne, most of your comments are something like "eminem and cole are better". That just means you prefer others over Wayne, and you need to keep telling it, EVERYWHERE. And for what, I ask you?

And another note on the falling off thing, really... Rebirth, his last real album was lyrically hot as hell, and so was his single from C4 -> 6f7f. Atleast to many of us, y'all just want to talk shit and bring hype down.

And I think most of you would be pissed if C4 would sell more than Eminem, tbh.. Or atleast, thats how I feel about some of you guys.

seriously?

Comment

That post was filled with nothing lol, I never said Cole was better lol (in two years yes not now though), I said sales wise no one fucks with Em. No one.
              Why, do we go on, same reason you guys hype it up, to show another perspective. Rebirth was decent lyrically nothing fire, would I get pissed of if Wayne beat Em in sales... Hmmmmm let him do it first .

Comment

Originally posted by Nethurrr View Post

Wayne can't win.

Scenario 1 - Wayne sells more records than Em's Recovery but the quality of the album is average
                Random Person - Recovery is still a better album though

Scenario 2 - Wayne sells less than Em but has a better quality album
                Random Person - Wayne has no fanbase ha ha ha

Scenario 3 - Wayne sells more than Em and has a better album
                Random Person - How many classics does Em have though?

I swear people love to rain on Wayne's parade

Edit:

@Frankenstein

Yes I think it's possible

Comment

Lol Frank, Wayne can definitely go platinum in 2 weeks. He'll do 800k+ first week guaranteed and 200k+ second week guaranteed.
                  If Drake can sell 500k first week with TML, what makes you think Wayne won't do that + more.

Comment

When the Tracklist coming though?

Comment

Originally posted by Junior165495 View Post
                      When the Tracklist coming though?
                      don't know

Comment

Tracklist next week u can hold me to it. My source is common sense

"I still got da vision like a line between 2 dots"

Comment

Originally posted by JAYRMe View Post
                          Lol Frank, Wayne can definitely go platinum in 2 weeks. He'll do 800k+ first week guaranteed and 200k+ second week guaranteed.
                          If Drake can sell 500k first week with TML, what makes you think Wayne won't do that + more.
                          Not happening, not a chance in hell that Wayne will outsell Eminem.
                          I think Wayne will do 500-550. Nothing wrong with those sales.

Comment

Working...
                          X