Wayne's Dad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne's Dad

What's the deal with Wayne's Dad? I'm hella confused, considering the following points:

- In the song Everything, he praises and misses his dad who passed away.
    - In the song Fuck The World, he says "I lost my father to the Gun..." and "Dear Rabbit, Why They Had To Kill Rabbit? But I'ma Keep You Alive, Nigga, I'm Lil' Rabbit"
    - In the song Walk It Out (Freestyle), he says "And When I Was 5, I Saw My Role Model Hustlin', So I Gotta Hustle". Assuming he's talking about his dad, since his dad was a bigtime hustler, he considers him his Role Model here.
    - In the song Playing With Fire, he says "Remember when your pussy second husband tried to beat you" and the subsequent lines, discerning his disdain for him. (Considering it's the same guy, since it says 'second husband'.
    - In various interviews, he says the reason he dropped the "D" in "Dwayne" is because his father is (not was, is) alive (in jail), but just isn't in his life, so he doesn't want to be associated with him. I'm assuming this means he dislikes him suddenly?
    - In the song Look At Me Now, he says "...and my daddy's dead."

There are way too many, in my mind, contradictions going on. I'm just curious to know what the actual deal is with Wayne and his [deceased?] father.

What's A Goon To A Willem Dafoe.

Re: Wayne's Dad

I believe his "real" biological father was not in is life and thats why he dropped the "D" becuase he is a JR. Then his step dad, Rabbit, was a hustler and that was Waynes role model, he looked up to him. Rabbit got shot and died, and thats who Wayne always talks about.

Comment

his didnt like his REAL dad....he left him wen wayne was young. His 'role model' is his mothers boyfriend, thus waynes step-dad. He respected him as he was waynes closest thing to a father. But he is now dead. So any respectful things about a dad, he means his moms boyfriend,(sorry, i can remember if they got married ) and if its bad things like in that interview then its his real biological dad

*-------------~~--~~---ItsAzaa---~~--~~-------------*

--[<]--[<]--[<]--Truk Da Wur!!--[>]--[>]--[>]--

Comment

Real, biological father = not around/is a nobody

Step father (Rabbit) = WAS a major role model in Wayne's young life, but he was shot in front of a liquor store when Wayne was i believe 12 or 13.

Comment

Ahh. Didn't realize Rabbit was his Step-Dad. Good Looks. Thought he was pulling in Eminem and using "Hating the Family" as leverage.

What's A Goon To A Willem Dafoe.

Comment

It's not just rap stars whose fathers weren't there.

My dad is/was a drunk. Sits and drinks. Comes home from work and drinks. My brother doesn't talk to our real dad, hasn't in years.

I still do, but it's weird talking to him. Like, he's my dad. But my STEP-dad is my father. Ya feel me?

Comment

VH1 Behind The Music: Lil Wayne | RealTalkNY

Watch it.

''They say they want the drugs to stop but imma major setback when my album drop''

Comment

Originally posted by twiggz561 View Post
                It's not just rap stars whose fathers weren't there.

My dad is/was a drunk. Sits and drinks. Comes home from work and drinks. My brother doesn't talk to our real dad, hasn't in years.

I still do, but it's weird talking to him. Like, he's my dad. But my STEP-dad is my father. Ya feel me?
                im not a stalker lol, but i saw a dude called Jw Wisniewski or something on your Facebook... Is that your real father or step?

Comment

Originally posted by PlayinWithFire View Post
                  im not a stalker lol, but i saw a dude called Jw Wisniewski or something on your Facebook... Is that your real father or step?
                  wow i never knew that

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

Originally posted by DeezyMac View Post
                  What's the deal with Wayne's Dad? I'm hella confused, considering the following points:

- In the song Everything, he praises and misses his dad who passed away.
                  - In the song Fuck The World, he says "I lost my father to the Gun..." and "Dear Rabbit, Why They Had To Kill Rabbit? But I'ma Keep You Alive, Nigga, I'm Lil' Rabbit"
                  - In the song Walk It Out (Freestyle), he says "And When I Was 5, I Saw My Role Model Hustlin', So I Gotta Hustle". Assuming he's talking about his dad, since his dad was a bigtime hustler, he considers him his Role Model here.
                  - In the song Playing With Fire, he says "Remember when your pussy second husband tried to beat you" and the subsequent lines, discerning his disdain for him. (Considering it's the same guy, since it says 'second husband'.
                  - In various interviews, he says the reason he dropped the "D" in "Dwayne" is because his father is (not was, is) alive (in jail), but just isn't in his life, so he doesn't want to be associated with him. I'm assuming this means he dislikes him suddenly?
                  - In the song Look At Me Now, he says "...and my daddy's dead."

There are way too many, in my mind, contradictions going on. I'm just curious to know what the actual deal is with Wayne and his [deceased?] father.
                  wait now im confused

Comment

Originally posted by PlayinWithFire View Post
                    Real dad.

Comment

Originally posted by Skimpae View Post
                      wait now im confused

the first 3 posts after the original post are exactly what you need to know... or just watch Behind The Music, with that link.

Comment

Originally posted by twiggz561 View Post
                        Real dad.
                        Mmm he seems like a cool dude

Comment

Working...
                        X