Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P Town Moe Talks Collaborating With Lil Wayne In The Early 2000's

Starts around 1:30.

Basically he met Wayne at a charity basketball game and they ended up doing a cypher while waiting to preform at half time. Wayne did his "BM JR" verse before C1 was out. Both P Town Moe and MT also did verses which impressed Wayne, who asked them to come to the studio the next day. They went to the studio, where the production team "The Architects" (Produced "Crack Ya Bottle" and other C1 era songs) were also there, and recorded "Where I'm From" off "The Prefix" -

They also did a collaboration which was on P-Town Moe/MT's mixtape, over J-Kwon's "Tipsy" instrumental.

Later in the video, P-Town Moe speaks about almost signing with Cash Money and joining a super group with other artists including Six Shot, however some drama with Wayne got in the middle of it.

P Town Moe is from 17th Ward, New Orleans - the same as Wayne.

Beyond collaborating with Wayne, he is best known for featuring on the top 25 Billboard hit "The Way I Live" by Baby Boy Da Prince -

Last edited by martian master; 10-09-2022, 07:05 PM.

OG

Comment

btw The Prefix is wrongfully labeled as February 2004
      It was release in June 2004 even Wayne said it on the outro

Comment

he tells this story a lot i remember it from the blog https://www.lilwaynehq.com/2021/05/p...-weebie-video/

Comment

they only ever did two songs together?

Comment

Originally posted by lilwayne-carter View Post
            they only ever did two songs together?
            4, 3rd one is in downloads as of yesterday

i havent found 4th one yet, but its a 2004 freestyle over JKwon's "Hood Hop". If i fail to find it ill make a thtead with more details

Comment

Originally posted by martian master View Post

Starts around 1:30.

Basically he met Wayne at a charity basketball game and they ended up doing a cypher while waiting to preform at half time. Wayne did his "BM JR" verse before C1 was out. Both P Town Moe and MT also did verses which impressed Wayne, who asked them to come to the studio the next day. They went to the studio, where the production team "The Architects" (Produced "Crack Ya Bottle" and other C1 era songs) were also there, and recorded "Where I'm From" off "The Prefix" -

They also did a collaboration which was on P-Town Moe/MT's mixtape, over J-Kwon's "Tipsy" instrumental.

Later in the video, P-Town Moe speaks about almost signing with Cash Money and joining a super group with other artists including Six Shot, however some drama with Wayne got in the middle of it.

P Town Moe is from 17th Ward, New Orleans - the same as Wayne.

Beyond collaborating with Wayne, he is best known for featuring on the top 25 Billboard hit "The Way I Live" by Baby Boy Da Prince -

good watch

Comment

Ain't that Tipsy remix on one of the Sqad Up tapes?

Comment

Originally posted by Shake View Post
                  Ain't that Tipsy remix on one of the Sqad Up tapes?
                  Nope, I believe it was recorded before C1 but after the SQ tapes

Comment

Originally posted by martian master View Post

Nope, I believe it was recorded before C1 but after the SQ tapes
                    wasn't it Prefix leftover?

Comment

Originally posted by mania983 View Post

wasn't it Prefix leftover?
                      Probably recorded same time but dont think its a leftover
                      it was on P Town Moe and MT's mixtape "Hood Shit Part 1" that dropped in 2004

Comment

who cares when the song suckkks

Comment

Working...
                        X