wayne will retire at the age of 35

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wayne will retire at the age of 35

he said that in the interview with hot 97, it shocked me, because i thought he lived for music lol, but other rapper like jay-z still doing it at the age of 40.

so yeah, now we have only 7more years, sound not that much,what yall thinking?

( if theres is already a thread about this,than just lock it

Re: wayne will retire at the age of 35

Almost all artists have said that they were going to retire at different ages, did they? no some are still going and some are dead.

''They say they want the drugs to stop but imma major setback when my album drop''

Comment

anybody have the interview or video where he said he would retire at 30-35 before ? this is not the first time he's said it ..

Comment

It's like an athlete trying to leave the game when they are on top. Wayne has a lot left in him but I think he will walk away when he's no longer enjoying what he was born to do and that's entertain us lyrically. He may step away for a while to spend some time with his kids but all that does is create that demand for more songs but at a slower pace. Wayne will always be part of the game and will be around forever just as Pac, Biggie, Jay from Run DMC, and many others.
        "Be good or be good at it"

Comment

Originally posted by tha_chronic View Post
          anybody have the interview or video where he said he would retire at 30-35 before ? this is not the first time he's said it ..
          http://www.lilwaynehq.com/
          he said that in the hot 97 angie martinez-video

Comment

Originally posted by wayniac number1 View Post
            http://www.lilwaynehq.com/
            he said that in the hot 97 angie martinez-video
            he was talkin bout another time hes said this, it was like around the time right before he went to jail i think

Comment

He mentioned the same thing in The Carter documentary. And that was around C3. Wayne is a man of his word I guess.

Comment

yep he has said it many times before

so i guess he's sticking with it

Comment

Originally posted by wayniac number1 View Post

so yeah, now we have only 7more years, sound not that much,
                  THIS AIN'T NOTHING TO RELATE TO.

last.fm || twitter

Comment

yea sed this couple times i think even the carter doc hes sed something too
                    Life Is The Bitch, And Death Was Her Sister

Sleep Is The Cousin, What A Fuckin Family Picture

You Know Father Time, And We All Know Mother Nature

Its All In The Family But I Am Of NO Relation

Comment

While that doesn't sound like a long time from now, it actually is, in a way. I mean think about the past 7 years in his and your life. So much happens and in 7 years so much more crap will happen. Think about it realistically, Wayne says he doesn't sleep much and he is constantly at work, which is because of his love for music and his "obligation" to full-fill the demand from fans. With that in mind, I'm sure he is mentally and physically realizing that he won't be able to do that in 7 years. If you work yourself to the extreme day in a day out, your body can't keep up.

He has been making music since he was 15(?) or something around that number and he is 28 now. That's basically his whole life this has all he has been doing. The game is changing and maybe Wayne can tell that when he is 35, he will be seen a legend like Pac, Biggie, Jay (41 yrs old), Andre 3000 (35 yrs old), etc. Minus the first two, Jay and Andre basically just do features now and look at their ages. That or Wayne realizes there is nothing else for him. Everyone has heard the saying "Too much of a good thing is a bad thing" or of the term Paradise Syndrome = a term used by some to refer to a condition in which a person suffers a feeling of dissatisfaction despite having achieved all their dreams.

When he say retire, I'm thinking he's meaning he will not make another album. He will still be a part of music in some way. He could try doing the producing side of the industry (I doubt this but just an idea). I'm sure he will do several features for YMCMB artist and his good friends. Other than that, I'm sure he wants to actually have a semi-normal life with his family. By that time (if his daughter continues with the music) that will be the time to pass the torch down to her. So I wouldn't be surprised if that's what he is thinking also.

Comment

another point to make is that while wayne is retired they will be releasing all the music that he has recorded over the years obviously

Comment

Working...
                        X