Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lil Wayne's 'Rebirth' #24 on '50 Genuinely Horrible Albums By Brilliant Artists' list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lil Wayne's 'Rebirth' #24 on '50 Genuinely Horrible Albums By Brilliant Artists' list

Rolling Stone has released their list of "50 Genuinely Horrible Albums By Brilliant Artists".

Says Rolling Stone's Andy Greene: "Some of these albums were the products of way too much cocaine. Some of them came from label pressure to move beyond a cult following by creating commercial music. Some of them were crafted before a band found its true sound, while others came long after key members parted and the band had no earthly reason to still exist. A huge percent of them were sad victims of horrid Eighties production choices, most notably the dismal period from 1985 to 1988, when cheeseball synths and shotgun-blast snare drums created a sound that has aged worse than a tuna fish and sardine sandwich left in the sun."

'Rebirth' was #24

Lil Wayne is a hip-hop genius. But he learned the hard way with 2010’s Rebirth that his skills did not transfer over to the world of rock and roll. He was coming off a long winning streak with three consecutive Tha Carter albums and had been all over Top 40 radio with hits like “Lollipop” and “Got Money.” That didn’t mean, however, that his fans wanted to hear what he’d sound like paired with rock guitars and drums, even if Eminem and Nicki Minaj were along for the ride. “He splutters and wails over tracks stuffed with aggro stomp and bland riffage,” Rolling Stone’s Christian Hoard wrote. “it sounds like he’s been holing up with a bunch of Spymob and Incubus records. Wayne growls like an Auto-Tuned Kid Rock on the swaggering ‘American Star.’ But the hyperclever Wayne we know is missing in action on the anguished chest-thumper ‘Runnin’.’ He stretches his croak past the breaking point on ‘I’ll Die for You,’ like some 21st-century version of Trans-era Neil Young: a vocally challenged genius stuck in limbo.”
    Kanye's West's 'Ye' was #1

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...ts-1234672895/

that’s so wrong

xxx

Comment

Rebirth was 🔥

Comment

one person's opinion, that's all friends

Comment

Originally posted by back on my bullish*t View Post
          Rolling Stone has released their list of "50 Genuinely Horrible Albums By Brilliant Artists".

Says Rolling Stone's Andy Greene: "Some of these albums were the products of way too much cocaine. Some of them came from label pressure to move beyond a cult following by creating commercial music. Some of them were crafted before a band found its true sound, while others came long after key members parted and the band had no earthly reason to still exist. A huge percent of them were sad victims of horrid Eighties production choices, most notably the dismal period from 1985 to 1988, when cheeseball synths and shotgun-blast snare drums created a sound that has aged worse than a tuna fish and sardine sandwich left in the sun."

'Rebirth' was #24

Kanye's West's 'Ye' was #1

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...ts-1234672895/
          that whole article is one big L for RL

Comment

Rebirth is not Tunechi's worst album, period.

Comment

I like Rebirth better than I Am Not a Human Being 2. Way more creative. The only songs I like on IANAHB2 are God Bless Amerika and My Homies Still.

Comment

rebirth was better than 500 degreez

Comment

Can't believe Rebirth is still underappreciated by mainstream media lmao..
                  It's a great experiment album.

Comment

Its better than carter 4 and the first i am not a human being.
                    Automatic cash
                    Big booty bitch
                    Girl, I'm on your ass

www.youtube.com/weezyacademy
                    https://anchor.fm/theweezyacademy

Comment

I will forever be a Rebirth stan

Comment

if you cant hear wayne's genius on rebirth then you're not a wayne fan it's as simple as that. it is so easy to sit there & dismiss it because it's lil wayne "doing rock" but lets be for fucking real for a second.. wayne made his own rock genre on that album. he did what literally no other rapper on the face of this planet could do & somehow combined hip hop rap rock autotune pop grunge etc all into one album & in my shitty little opinion did it perfectly. were there shitty songs on the album? of course there were, look at the price is wrong lmao. but then you got shit like paradice, drop the world, on fire, da da da, i'll die for you.. hell even prom queen is fucking iconic are you kidding me?! to sit there & say the album as a whole is trash is just ignorant, the man took a chance & did something different & it was unique in it's own way & stands OUT from the same sounding shit every single rapper puts out over & over & over.

NOT TO MENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

where the FUCK you think all these new kids got their rock inspired sound from.

directly from lil wayne's rebirth.

Comment

Working...
                        X