Dedication 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dedication 2

With dedication 2 being put to streaming it’s time to reflect on the brilliance of this tape.

Let’s start with the concept. The concept of him to prove he is the best rapper alive and so determined to have us see his way. Each skit each song is like a relentless plea that we see his way. Each track was a statement. This was Wayne at his most hungry. Wayne at his most determined. The amount of times he claimed he was the best rapper was probably at its peak on this tape. From starting off the tape like “that right there that’s easy man” to the heartfelt, relentless plea on south muzik “did I get you yet, did I fix you yet” Wayne has never been so moved and determined and motivated we see he was the best.

Next the assembly of the tape itself. This is his most well put together and cohesive album when including track list and concept. Front to back it is put together flawlessly. From the “u are now watching a master at work” to the delving in into the most convincing claim of being the best rapper ever. From the skits to the snippet of dedication 2 before The infamous words “let me give them something just to warm em up” then proceeding with one of the most iconic Wayne verses of his career. Each song each skit we were just getting more and more into the world of weezy and into his case for being the best rapper. I have never felt more let in to weezy as I did on this tape.

Then we look at the overall persona. This was possibly weezy in his truest essence. This was weezy in his purest form. From the grumbling on tracks, the braggadocious claims before and after each song, not to mention the rapping style. The slick rhymes, gangsta tone, the slick flows and wordplay, this was the best representation of weezy.

Lastly the songs. From the grimey get ‘em, the unparalleled confidence of they still like me, the demeanor of cannon, the playfulness of welcome to the concrete jungle, the hunger of spitter, the passion of south muzik, the smooth romanticism of lovin it. The cockiness of what u know. The pure skill of dedication 2 the song. The showcase of no other. The heartfeltness of Georgia bush. Then, ambitionz.

The put together of the track list is perfect. It’s like a boxer in a fight. A gradual claim. He warms us up, gives us a taste, throws a few haymakers then ambitionz. The genius and absolute brilliance of ambitionz. 3 straight minutes of Wayne at his best. The raw technical ability of his rapping, the best rapper alive claim, the musicality of the flow, to the last verse. Where Wayne goes super sayian mode and leaves no doubt we have never heard a rapper as good as him and to this day never have. And almost definitely never will. His best and most official claim that he was the best. It was like a finish him in mortal combat. When a boxer has his man about to fold and proceeds to give a flurry of uncontested knockout punches. It was a curtain call. A final statement. Just in case they weren’t convinced. A celebration that he was the best and now there was no one who could argue. He officially and unapologetically was the best rapper alive. Wayne talked the whole tape but no skit or even words by him were needed after that song. The song spoke for itself. In fact all u needed to know was “if anybody else want it 60,000 a verse, yeah”
    Last edited by jhoya101; 03-23-2023, 03:38 AM.

sick write up bro

Comment

Hungry Wayne at his peak

Comment

Originally posted by jhoya101 View Post
        With dedication 2 being put to streaming it’s time to reflect on the brilliance of this tape.

Let’s start with the concept. The concept of him to prove he is the best rapper alive and so determined to have us see his way. Each skit each song is like a relentless plea that we see his way. Each track was a statement. This was Wayne at his most hungry. Wayne at his most determined. The amount of times he claimed he was the best rapper was probably at its peak on this tape. From starting off the tape like “that right there that’s easy man” to the heartfelt, relentless plea on south muzik “did I get you yet, did I fix you yet” Wayne has never been so moved and determined and motivated we see he was the best.

Next the assembly of the tape itself. This is his most well put together and cohesive album when including track list and concept. Front to back it is put together flawlessly. From the “u are now watching a master at work” to the delving in into the most convincing claim of being the best rapper ever. From the skits to the snippet of dedication 2 before The infamous words “let me give them something just to warm em up” then proceeding with one of the most iconic Wayne verses of his career. Each song each skit we were just getting more and more into the world of weezy and into his case for being the best rapper. I have never felt more let in to weezy as I did on this tape.

Then we look at the overall persona. This was possibly weezy in his truest essence. This was weezy in his purest form. From the grumbling on tracks, the braggadocious claims before and after each song, not to mention the rapping style. The slick rhymes, gangsta tone, the slick flows and wordplay, this was the best representation of weezy.

Lastly the songs. From the grimey get ‘em, the unparalleled confidence of they still like me, the demeanor of cannon, the playfulness of welcome to the concrete jungle, the hunger of spitter, the passion of south muzik, the smooth romanticism of lovin it. The cockiness of what u know. The pure skill of dedication 2 the song. The showcase of no other. The heartfeltness of Georgia bush. Then, ambitionz.

The put together of the track list is perfect. It’s like a boxer in a fight. A gradual claim. He warms us up, gives us a taste, throws a few haymakers then ambitionz. The genius and absolute brilliance of ambitionz. 3 straight minutes of Wayne at his best. The raw technical ability of his rapping, the best rapper alive claim, the musicality of the flow, to the last verse. Where Wayne goes super sayian mode and leaves no doubt we have never heard a rapper as good as him and to this day never have. And almost definitely never will. His best and most official claim that he was the best. It was like a finish him in mortal combat. When a boxer has his man about to fold and proceeds to give a flurry of uncontested knockout punches. It was a curtain call. A final statement. Just in case they weren’t convinced. A celebration that he was the best and now there was no one who could argue. He officially and unapologetically was the best rapper alive. Wayne talked the whole tape but no skit or even words by him were needed after that song. The song spoke for itself. In fact all u needed to know was “if anybody else want it 60,000 a verse, yeah”
        good read friend. classic tape

Comment

the unreleased version of cannon could be on it

Don Cannon Explains Why Lil Wayne’s “Cannon” Changed His Life & Reveals He Has An Unreleased Version Of The Song [Video]

Comment

goat tape

Comment

Do you think this mixtape is better than DD3?

Comment

Originally posted by Shake View Post

Do you think this mixtape is better than DD3?
                Yes

Comment

It’s Time To Go Play This Tape

Comment

Yes
                    you should write something like this on DD3 also. I've always enjoyed reading things like this. It shows much love and appreciation to the project

Comment

i really hope when it is released that i can hear everyone playing it in their whips. i'm fed up of hearing uzi vert and other gays

Comment

Good write up and read!

Comment

Working...
                        X