He is better than "this"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He is better than "this"

Prefacing this post with this: Been a Wayne fan for more than a decade so this post comes from a place with a lot of attachment to his career and his artwork. The old stuff for the most part is still great to me. So it's not a matter of me not liking his music anymore. I'm still very much a passionate Wayne fan. but I am not a fan of what he is bringing to the table right now.

It's not too late to scrap this album. If this song is any indication of what Wayne has going on mentally and musically.. I just don't think he needs to blemish his career with it. I had initial hype for fix before vi. but honestly that was HORRIBLE. and If C6 sounds anything like that or what the new CG2 song sounds like I just don't want it.

If we're being honest, Wayne sounds bored. he sounds tired and disinterested more than ever. And not in the way he did in 2013.

earlier this year he talked about how AI could never be him, he sounds like he has less emotion than AI actually would. and that is a BAD thing.

For the most part his features have been great this year. Maybe that's because people are paying him to be on their song and he wants to respect them but when it comes to his own music, he sounds so uninvested that I genuinely think he only does it because it's what he knows how to do.

We do see him being on tv more with interviews, but he's always been trained for PR and related things.

I think Wayne is phoning it in when it comes to his career because there is pressure with his legacy.

While some might not quite agree, I genuinely do think there is pressure to still deliver and be great, even if he has lost the desire to.

But because the desire seems gone, it's a shell of what we've come to love and expect.

In closing, Nobody wanted to see Jordan and Kobe go out missing shots and being unable to score 20 points a game. And I think Wayne is getting to the point of not being able to score and play like he used to. Like Kobe did in his final year. Wayne can still have a big game if you push him to, but I don't think he's got the love for the game at this point of his career.

i agree with your bruh
    weezy my goat, my legend, my role model
    but i'm really scared what he's doing to his legacy especially with the latest two singles (kat food and presha)
    i know they are going for the tiktok generation but even they aren't playing them because they suck
    weezy's features are why i have not given up on him and probably why i am still on lilwaynehq
    i know he still has it because of what he does on those

Comment

It’s time for Wayne to try new people around him. He can still keep his current people as friends but it’s time for them to not be making professional decisions for his career.

Comment

Originally posted by danielnfl36 View Post
        Prefacing this post with this: Been a Wayne fan for more than a decade so this post comes from a place with a lot of attachment to his career and his artwork. The old stuff for the most part is still great to me. So it's not a matter of me not liking his music anymore. I'm still very much a passionate Wayne fan. but I am not a fan of what he is bringing to the table right now.

It's not too late to scrap this album. If this song is any indication of what Wayne has going on mentally and musically.. I just don't think he needs to blemish his career with it. I had initial hype for fix before vi. but honestly that was HORRIBLE. and If C6 sounds anything like that or what the new CG2 song sounds like I just don't want it.

If we're being honest, Wayne sounds bored. he sounds tired and disinterested more than ever. And not in the way he did in 2013.

earlier this year he talked about how AI could never be him, he sounds like he has less emotion than AI actually would. and that is a BAD thing.

For the most part his features have been great this year. Maybe that's because people are paying him to be on their song and he wants to respect them but when it comes to his own music, he sounds so uninvested that I genuinely think he only does it because it's what he knows how to do.

We do see him being on tv more with interviews, but he's always been trained for PR and related things.

I think Wayne is phoning it in when it comes to his career because there is pressure with his legacy.

While some might not quite agree, I genuinely do think there is pressure to still deliver and be great, even if he has lost the desire to.

But because the desire seems gone, it's a shell of what we've come to love and expect.

In closing, Nobody wanted to see Jordan and Kobe go out missing shots and being unable to score 20 points a game. And I think Wayne is getting to the point of not being able to score and play like he used to. Like Kobe did in his final year. Wayne can still have a big game if you push him to, but I don't think he's got the love for the game at this point of his career.

i'm not expecting anything great from collegrove 2 so tha carter 6 is the last hope. wayne has to put out something great with that one or else the whole carter album series will be tarnished

Comment

Originally posted by back on my bullish*t View Post
          i agree with your bruh
          weezy my goat, my legend, my role model
          but i'm really scared what he's doing to his legacy especially with the latest two singles (kat food and presha)
          i know they are going for the tiktok generation but even they aren't playing them because they suck
          weezy's features are why i have not given up on him and probably why i am still on lilwaynehq
          i know he still has it because of what he does on those
          I don't know why his features are so different from his solo music

Comment

i like the songs he makes that are anti women.

Comment

Originally posted by Shake View Post

I don't know why his features are so different from his solo music

for features the idea/theme/hook of song (hardest parts to make) are already there for him, and he just needs to lay down a 12-16 bar verse, much easier than thinking of and creating an entire song itself

Comment

wayne is for sure better than the music he has been releasing "officially"

the leaked/unreleased/vault songs are proof

Comment

Originally posted by lilwayne-carter View Post
                  wayne is for sure better than the music he has been releasing "officially"

the leaked/unreleased/vault songs are proof
                  I tend to usually agree. but the fact these songs are even getting made is bad. it falls under the "what the hell is he thinking" line tbh. I understand not everyone is gonna like every song but some of the stuff is so bad that it's confusing how it even came from his mouth. like the "skin" song on the ep.

Comment

Waynes legacy can’t be touched no matter what he releases.

Dear Mr. ImTooGoodToDropAnAlbum

Comment

lol boo hoo gahdamn yaw niggaz still miserable

Kat Food is a throwaway and 2 Chainz is a vibe

listen or don't

Lil Wayne, Drake, Chance the Rapper, Skooly, Rich Homie Quan, 2 Chainz.

Comment

Originally posted by TyIquan View Post
                        lol boo hoo gahdamn yaw niggaz still miserable

Kat Food is a throwaway and 2 Chainz is a vibe

listen or don't
                        Look at the promo around Kat Food.

It wasn’t meant to be a throwaway until all the negative feedback it got.

Talk about being a yes man, you would be worse than Mack and Tez.

Comment

Working...
                        X