I wish Lil Wayne would

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish Lil Wayne would

Collaborate with some more lyrical and real rappers, like Nas, some of the Wu Tang, Jay Electronica, Talib Kweli,Brother Ali, Common, Zion I or something. Some of his shit is getting lamer and lamer, Im afraid of Tha Carter 4, its probably going to dissappoint me. But just listen to My Generation, his verse is awesome, and so is his verses in most of his songs in Carter 2 and 3.

He has collaborated with Nas in My Generation which I mentioned over, and Talib in a remix- but still.
    He has two songs with Techn9ne though, makes me fucking happy. Someone agree?

Re: I wish Lil Wayne would

I listen to Nas, Common, Ali and a lot of Zion so I can't comment on the others. It's totally different genres. Little wayne's a punchline mainstream rapper while the others are more independent and have less corporate influence. /hipster

Wayne's in it for the money and he doesn't try to hide it at all and I don't blame him a bit.
    Last edited by aliya89; 04-19-2011, 10:40 AM.

Comment

I agree. I'd LOVE to see how Wayne would do on a track with the most lyrical rappers. I think he'd step his game up a lot because he'd be trying to get respect from them.. A lot of those dudes don't respect Weezy because he's in it for the money so he probably won't ever work with any of them.

He did get to work with Nas on 'My Generation' and Nas made everyone on that track look terrible.
      Last edited by Weezy_KB24; 04-19-2011, 11:30 AM.

Comment

hated his generic verse on my generation, but loved the song as a whole.

& yes, i'm stoked for the tech collabs.
        http://scroogemcdope.tumblr.com/
        if you're on tumblr, follow my blog & i'll follow back!

Comment

"I wish Lil Wayne would".....

keep doin "him".

homo no.

Comment

collaboration with Talib Kweli
            THIS AIN'T NOTHING TO RELATE TO.

last.fm || twitter

Comment

Originally posted by AGST View Post
              Collaborate with some more lyrical and real rappers, like Nas, some of the Wu Tang, Jay Electronica, Talib Kweli,Brother Ali, Common, Zion I or something. Some of his shit is getting lamer and lamer, Im afraid of Tha Carter 4, its probably going to dissappoint me. But just listen to My Generation, his verse is awesome, and so is his verses in most of his songs in Carter 2 and 3.

He has collaborated with Nas in My Generation which I mentioned over, and Talib in a remix- but still.
              He has two songs with Techn9ne though, makes me fucking happy. Someone agree?
              My Generation sucks.

"They say Weezy, make it rain
              I say bitch, I ain't God
              But I am God's son
              But you know I ain't Nas
              See he got a positive aim
              And I aim 9s"

Wayne told you who he was a long time ago. These rappers you listed, have no street cred. These guys are poets, basically. That's cool that you like them, but Wayne's not like that, he might kill some shit lyrically, but the topic of the song is not going to be what Jay Electronica or Brother Ali wants to rap about. That's not Wayne. And I thank God for that, cause if it was, I'd need a new favorite rapper.

Comment

You know, Little Wayne doesent have real street cred. Nas does, no matter what Jay z said, hah. Well, Lil Wayne started messing around the cash money studios at 11, so I doubt he really had to hustle drugs and all that. But he did shoot himself with his own gun, even though it could hvae been another dude's. But you can't possibly mean My Generation sucks! Its one of wayne's best verses!

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

What!? Its one of his top verses!
                Conscious, poetic verse.

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

I thought Waynes verse actually was pretty close, even though it wasn't awfully complex

Comment

Im afraid of Tha Carter 4, its probably going to dissappoint me.
                  yes its working

this is exactly what wayne wants us to think

wayne is a genius

Comment

Originally posted by larry_kush View Post
                    My Generation sucks.

"They say Weezy, make it rain
                    I say bitch, I ain't God
                    But I am God's son
                    But you know I ain't Nas
                    See he got a positive aim
                    And I aim 9s"

Wayne told you who he was a long time ago. These rappers you listed, have no street cred. These guys are poets, basically. That's cool that you like them, but Wayne's not like that, he might kill some shit lyrically, but the topic of the song is not going to be what Jay Electronica or Brother Ali wants to rap about. That's not Wayne. And I thank God for that, cause if it was, I'd need a new favorite rapper.
                    this

Comment

You know, Little Wayne doesent have real street cred. Nas does, no matter what Jay z said, hah. Well, Lil Wayne started messing around the cash money studios at 11, so I doubt he really had to hustle drugs and all that. But he did shoot himself with his own gun, even though it could hvae been another dude's. But you can't possibly mean My Generation sucks! Its one of wayne's best verses!

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

What!? Its one of his top verses!
                      Conscious, poetic verse.

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

I thought Waynes verse actually was pretty close, even though it wasn't awfully complex
                      Alright, whatever you say about the street cred. Yeah, see...I don't enjoy the poetic, conscious raps. I like the Demolition Freestyles, shit like that. My favorite era of Wayne was the syruped-up, don't-give-a-fuck-what-anybody-thinks Wayne.

The reason I said My Generation sucks is because I feel like when Wayne does a verse like that, he is censoring himself. IMO, Wayne got on that track cause he got paid out for the feature. You never saw him do anything like that on a mixtape, where there's really no rules and he can just get on whatever beat, and say whatever he wants. There's no label influence, nobody pushing him to not swear, or to focus on a certain subject in his bars. When he has this freedom, we see, time and again, the subjects he goes at. D1, D2, D3, DD3, No Ceilings, Lil Weezy Ana, Prefix, Suffix. The subjects vary, obviously. Carter Files, Carter 2.5 and 2.7 kind of stick out as far as the beats and subject matter from the others. But this is Wayne with maximum freedom for creativity. Wayne on My Generation, or, for example, that track he did with Britney Spears, or Uh Oh, or Sweetest Girl, or I'm So Paid, etc., etc., is limiting Wayne to the already-set subject matter of the other artists, and these are the kinds of tracks that he never would've gotten on if it wasn't for the check for the feature. They're not like when he gets on Gudda's tracks with him, or Mack or Birdman. All of YM, really, but especially those three, cause they go way back. Wayne is always killin tracks for Gudda, and they're just mixtape tracks. I think a lot of people don't see this. Carter 3 Wayne, is commercial. That was supposed to sell a milli first week. That wasn't him doing whatever he felt like, that was him trying to sell records. And it worked. People look at Carter 3 as kind of a go-to, I think. Whereas I would say, if you're only going to hear three mixtapes/albums from Wayne, let it be Drought 3, No Ceilings, and Carter II.

Aaanddd I'm way off topic. This is what happens when I get a day off and I run out of weed I guess.

Comment

My generation sucks? Bitch GTFO

Comment

Working...
                        X