Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complex Lists The 100 Best Wayne Songs

The 100 Best Lil Wayne Songs | Complex

You can look through the list if you want, it's a few months old but I just came across it the other day. Has to be the worst top 100 I've ever seen. I listed just a few problems I found with it below. If you are going to view the whole list, then don't look below just yet..so you can find out for yourself how stupid this shit is.

Songs That Didn't Make The List:

- Best Rapper Alive - Tha Carter II
    - Bring It Back - Tha Carter
    - New Orleans (Presidential Freestyle) - Suffix
    - Back On My Grizzy (Chop Chop Freestyle) - Drought 3
    - Tie My Hands - Tha Carter III
    - One Night Only - Drought Is Over 4/ C3 Leak
    - It's Time To Give Me Mine - Drought Is Over 4/ C3 Leak
    - Problem Solver - Like Father Like Son Mixtape
    - Dirt Of Your Shoulders Freestyle - Prefix
    - Don'tGetIt - Tha Carter III
    - Get At These Niggaz Ft. Juelz - Blow Mixtape

Songs That Made It That Make No Sense:

- Gorilla Zoe - Lost Ft. Wayne #82 (Just LOL)
    - Kanye - West See You In My Nightmares Ft. Wayne #50 (Terrible Wayne Verse)
    - Drake - Miss Me Ft. Wayne #43 (Not even that great of a song period)
    - Fat Joe - Make It Rain Ft. Wayne #33 (Wayne only on hook, how does this make sense?)
    - Birdman - Pop Bottles Ft. Wayne #31 (Don't really get this at all)
    - Birdman - Money To Blow Ft. Wayne #21 (Lol at this being a top 25 Wayne song tho, much less being on the list)
    - Playaz Circle - Duffel Bag Boy Ft. Wayne #15 (He is only on the hook once again, LOL at #15 as well)

Songs Rated Too High/Too Low

- Gossip #100 (Too Low obviously)
    - Georgia Bush #74 (Too Low)
    - Tha Mobb #55 (LOL Too LOW)
    - Lloyd - You Ft. Wayne #41 (Too High)
    - I'm Me #37 (Too Low)
    - BM J.R. #32 (TOO LOW, 32 seriously?)
    - Back Dat Azz Up #11 (Obviously a big part of his career, but 11? He had a couple lines)
    - Bling Bling #9 (Same as above, but seriously #9? He was only on the hook)
    - We Taking Over #5 (Not the solo version either, the original. Dope verse, but the 5th best Wayne song? LMAO)

I'm not even mad at A Milli being #1, and Lollipop being #3. Fact is, those were his two biggest records of all time, even though neither of them are in my personal top 20. But, when making a best of Wayne list, those should be high because they were THAT huge. Go DJ at #2 I thought was too high, but debatable cause it was another big record for him. I understand the top 3 though, so I'm not griping about that.

Anyways, Idk how they could fuck a list up so badly. I almost want to make my own list, maybe a top 50 though. I can't understand how so many feature songs were put into a "Best Lil Wayne" song countdown. I agree with a few of the features, but most of them are baffling. And of all features, they don't even list "Make It Work For Ya" off Julez album.
    Last edited by Kid Cunner; 05-04-2011, 01:14 PM.

Re: Complex Lists The 100 Best Wayne Songs

your very dumb. All of those songs are great. How can you possibly say I'm Me is too low at #37. That is definitely one of his most real songs he's ever done.

Comment

Originally posted by pdeezy View Post
      your very dumb. All of those songs are great. How can you possibly say I'm Me is too low at #37. That is definitely one of his most real songs he's ever done.
      Do you even understand what hes trying to tell us? lol
      your very dumb.
      THIS AIN'T NOTHING TO RELATE TO.

last.fm || twitter

Comment

The irony...

Why don't you re-read what you typed, and think about it.

Comment

I think I've seen this list before? Hmm...

Comment

Why do people persist on not thinking before they speak... As suggested re-read my friend! Then a long pause and think... Then perhaps some fingers on your keyboard.

On to the topic, yea bit of a fuck up. What they need is a tune fan from here to write a list and I can bet 99% it would be a lot better and make more sense.

Comment

The 100 Greatest Lil Wayne Songs - Lil Wayne HQ Forum

Comment

- Tha Mobb #55

stopped reading when i saw that. wow.

Comment

We should form a list on here, get everyones input. Just an idea, but this complex list makes me mad.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Cunner View Post
                    We should form a list on here, get everyones input. Just an idea, but this complex list makes me mad.
                    hahaha all the egos on this forum agreeing on the same list of 100 songs? not in a million years...

Comment

Originally posted by ymcmb View Post
                      hahaha all the egos on this forum agreeing on the same list of 100 songs? not in a million years...
                      Of course not everybody would agree, it would have to be done in a way where we had a poll. Majority would have to win out, I'm sure we could all agree on a good amount of songs though.

Comment

Working...
                      X