Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Define Being Lyrical

Originally posted by BlakeJay View Post
    Many people have a different view on what being lyrical is. Whenever I debate with someone about rappers and who is the best, "Lyricism" always comes up and they'll say "oh he or she is more lyrical"..but they never say what they mean by lyrical..is it just metaphors and similes, is it having meaningful lyrics? Define Lyrical
    of course this guy just happens to be a lupe fan talking about being lyrical....

and obviously your from KTT

just a lil FYI, your not gonna change anyone's opinion on anything so dont waste your time

#JustSayin

Comment

imo, it's

-Sticking on topic thru the most of the bars
      -*deleted so it doesn't cause any stupid arguements smh*
      -Do a lil extra, like metaphors etc., but not too many
      -Put ya heart and soul in the song and the way you rap
      Last edited by ProBitaz.; 05-20-2011, 06:17 AM.

Comment

^^^Lol what does flow have to do with lyrical, absolutely nothing. Being lyrically good is to essentially having a strong subject matter which could be introspective or it could be Rapping about life and injustices.

Comment

Originally posted by Franknstein View Post
          ^^^Lol what does flow have to do with lyrical, absolutely nothing. Being lyrically good is to essentially having a strong subject matter which could be introspective or it could be Rapping about life and injustices.
          OMG, IMO read ya fuckin' 3 year old!

Rappers with no flow isn't lyrical, so flow kinda comes with being lyrical smh.

Comment

Originally posted by ABjerg View Post
            OMG, IMO read ya fuckin' 3 year old!

Rappers with no flow isn't lyrical, so flow kinda comes with being lyrical smh.
            You imbecile, flow is how you say the actual lyrics, it has NOTHING to do with being actually lyrical. It has nothing to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Franknstein View Post
              You imbecile, flow is how you say the actual lyrics, it has NOTHING to do with being actually lyrical. It has nothing to do with it.
              No. And you have NOTHING to do here, but argue. Nothing. #GTFO

Comment

I think being lyrical is when the rapper can make you feel the emotion their feeling about the subject or at least make you vision what they're talking about. This can be with any type of song for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ymcmb View Post
                  nah that's definitely more through the tone of the voice imo. not the actual words (aka lyrics) themselves.
                  Yeah, I get what you're saying.. like PWF, SMD etc etc...

But some rappers are able to do it without a emotional delivery..

Originally posted by bloodysharnin View Post
                  I think being lyrical is when the rapper can make you feel the emotion their feeling about the subject or at least make you vision what they're talking about. This can be with any type of song for me.
                  ^

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Xclusive View Post
                    of course this guy just happens to be a lupe fan talking about being lyrical....

and obviously your from KTT

just a lil FYI, your not gonna change anyone's opinion on anything so dont waste your time

#JustSayin
                    lol just wanted to know what everybodys definition of lyrical was..not tryna change anyones opinion...i just think its interesting that everybody has their own definition of what lyrical is..for some people its as simple as when they "get the chills" every time they here a certain line..while for others its more complex like metaphors, word play, and other stuff..The Fact that im a Lupe fan has nothing to do with why i started the thread..Wayne is in fact my favorite rapper..and Drake after him..btw whats wrong with being a Lupe Fan? the man is a lyrical genius

Comment

It's true what you say.

Good lyrics are the one that reflect the rapper's mood,emotions,thoughts.
                      Also a good lyricist must be able to stay on topic,if he uses words just to "fill" a verse then he's not that good.

Good lyricist are people like Eminem,Immortal Tehnqiue,Tupac,Nas,Vinnie Paz,etc.
                      People like Lil Wayne might have funny methaphors and good wordplay but that doesen't makes them lyrical. He's a good lyricist but not as good as he thinks he is.

People like Gucci Mane,Lil B,Birdman,Soulja,etc.. are not lyricial,they might have good voices and cool beats but their lyrical skill is shit.

Comment

Working...
                      X