Be honest.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Be honest.

Yes tbh. You hear him on songs like Racks and that Inkredible remix and you expect a murder case. He used to slaughter those beats. Then you listen to songs like Swag Surfin and Wasted and he kills it. I think hes holding something back on his features too. Old Wayne would be better than the person who made the song on 99% of the features. Now theres maybe a handful of songs where hes even the 2nd best on a song. I thought with that Hustle Hard Remix verse, he was back. But after that, with the exception of John, he hasnt really put out quality material.

Comment

I voted the swag option.

I don't think he fell off at all. I'm enjoying him a lot. And I agree with others saying NC isn't a cutoff point, he was at his worse in 2009 (before NC). On No Ceilings and everything after that he's been fire imo (minus the trash that is IANAHB)

I kinda don't have a point now that I see what I typed
      "Armed and dangerous, rich and famous, young and restless
      Guns and stretchers
      Cristal and dubs for breakfast
      I just got one suggestion - none should test him
      'Cause cuz get hectic; send one through your sons intestines
      Glocks knock lungs from chests, you get the portrait?
      Bodies piled up on porches, it won't be gorgeous"

Comment

Originally posted by tyiquan View Post
        this.

I think people are expecting a wayne that delivers lyrics more based on a life that others can relate to. And while he can, and no doubt will do that every now and then, it just isn't who he is. He's more about fun, he has a way more diverse audience than he did back then, and i don't think he wants to alienate them. He's fun to listen to, and that's why he's my favorite rapper. Him and big sean.
        amen:d

Comment

Most of his feature verses were lame, singles were mediocre and the mixtape was really average

I really hope C4 is going to be different
          THIS AIN'T NOTHING TO RELATE TO.

last.fm || twitter

Comment

Originally posted by shbasketball12 View Post
            Yes tbh. You hear him on songs like Racks and that Inkredible remix and you expect a murder case. He used to slaughter those beats. Then you listen to songs like Swag Surfin and Wasted and he kills it. I think hes holding something back on his features too. Old Wayne would be better than the person who made the song on 99% of the features. Now theres maybe a handful of songs where hes even the 2nd best on a song. I thought with that Hustle Hard Remix verse, he was back. But after that, with the exception of John, he hasnt really put out quality material.
            You didnt like his verse on the Incredible Remix?? I thought it was one of his better verses in a while

Comment

Originally posted by BlakeJay View Post
              You didnt like his verse on the Incredible Remix?? I thought it was one of his better verses in a while
              Word he raped that shit

Comment

Originally posted by shbasketball12 View Post
                He killed Inkredible...and Racks was no worse than Wasted, IMO. I really don't get peoples infatuation with that song. And what features have sucked after HHR?

Originally posted by IceMan View Post
                Most of his feature verses were lame, singles were mediocre and the mixtape was really average

I really hope C4 is going to be different
                That's all I can really agree with there. I didn't like A Milli, so 6 Foot 7 Foot didn't really do it for me, and John is blah after a while. How To Love is good though. Why are people saying his features sucked? Yeah, Dirty Dancer Remix and This Is What Rock and Roll Looks Like were pretty meh, but everything else I feel has been quality Wayne. What features of his sucked?

Lil Wayne, Drake, Chance the Rapper, Skooly, Rich Homie Quan, 2 Chainz.

Comment

TBH Yes He Has.
                  For me C3 was a masterpiece that year was Wayne's year and he followed the album with great tunes, However he became confused when he started with the whole Rebirth idea which was a complete failure, shameful. The last time i was really hyped about Weezy was when No Ceilings came out, after that Ive heard glimpses for what he can still do in 6 foot 7 foot. This new tape is tolerable but not enough quality. C4 is goin to be the make or break point.
                  Syrup, percocet, and an eighth a day will leave you broke, depressed, and emotionally vacant
                  Despite how Lil' Wayne lives
                  It's not conducive to being creative
                  And I know cause he's my favorite
                  And I know cause I was off that same mix
                  Rationalize the shit that I'd try after I listen to "Dedication"
                  But he's an alien
                  I'd sip that shit
                  Pass out or play PlayStation.

Comment

I'd vote yes. His features now are good, but not comparable to his old features, where he'd basically kill everyone on the track every time. He just seems to be in a different state of mind after jail, he's still good, just not in the same way. The answer really depends on what happens with C4 though.

Comment

It was a rushed mixtape... What did you expect? Ok kif you're waiting for an album that a big star is pushing back cause he has no time... do you really think him releasing another album in between wont be rushed? Come on man, that shit was rushed and is still FIREEEE

C4 will change the minds of haters. All there is to it.

Comment

ummmm were talking about right fucking now at this very moment

not "after" C4 drops smh

Comment

Fell Off Hard.

It's like Humpty Dumpty, can't be put together again.

He's peaked.

Comment

Working...
                          X