Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kanye, Lil Wayne, Ross, Who Will Come Up Big For Tonights VMA Nominations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kanye, Lil Wayne, Ross, Who Will Come Up Big For Tonights VMA Nominations?

As the MTV team prepares to announce the nominees for the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards later tonight, we at RapFix were wondering which of big names fans think will walk away from the event with the most trophies. As one of the most widely watched awards program around, the 2011 VMAs promise to be another in a long line of memorable performances, stars decked out in their best and maybe a surprise win or two.
    Kanye West has had a great year thus far and closed out the 2010 VMAs last year with his single “Runaway” – which was then spun into an epic 35-minute West-directed short film. Kanye, always looking to innovate, dropped a few clips from his latest LP My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy to some controversy with racy video “Monster” hitting a few snags during its development. Kanye moved on swiftly with the rocking anthem “All Of The Lights” featuring Rihanna and Kid Cudi – although the Hype Williams-directed video came with a warning for sufferers of epilepsy due to its frenetic flashing images.

Lil Wayne
    is another big name sure to be mentioned amongst the list of potential winners. Shortly after his release from prison last year, Weezy has recorded a few clips and made a splash with his rocking first single and video from upcoming album Tha Carter IV “Six Foot Seven Foot.” Wayne’s second single and video “John” featured Maybach Music Group boss Rick Ross and the Young Money honcho also appeared alongside Destiny’s Child singer Kelly Rowland and her sultry clip “Motivation” – helping to cement Wayne’s comeback in a big way.
    Internet darlings Odd Future could also be possible nominees with OFWGKTA leader Tyler The Creator turning heads with his macabre video “Yonkers” from his sophomore album GOBLIN – even causing Kanye West to declare the clip the best of 2011 via a tweet. The outspoken Tyler even expressed a desire to win a VMA award for "Yonkers" last month
    Lupe Fiasco battled hard to get his Lasers album to the public and the effort has seemingly paid off with the Chicago star dropping three singles and videos from his third studio release. “The Show Goes On,” Skylar Grey-assisted “Words I Never Said,” and his latest drop with Trey Songz “Out Of My Head” have all gotten the video treatment with Lupe and Trey both rocking his newest single at the 2011 MTV Music Awards to a satisfied crowd.
    Canadian heartthrob Drake has yet to drop his sophomore album Take Care which is coming this fall, but he has leaked a couple of tracks with the popular “Marvins Room” getting the video treatment. Drake is also a huge centerpiece of DJ Khaled’s “I’m On One” track and video featuring Drizzy’s boss Lil Wayne and Rick Ross.
    Speaking of Rick Ross, the MMG captain has had a strong 2011 himself by amassing an all-star lineup of rap stars from various regions and adding singer Teedra Moses to the mix. From the MMG label’s compilation album Self Made Vol. 1, the track “Pandemonium” got the video treatment featuring Meek Mill and Wale alongside their new boss in a glossy clip. Rozay also shot a clip for “Maybach Music III” on location in Las Vegas featuring members of his roster.
    R&B diva Beyonc�’s latest album 4 spawned an high-energy video for her first single from the LP “Run The World (Girls)” and fellow female vocalist Rihanna showed some edge with her controversial “S&M” clip that featured gossip writer Perez Hilton. British vocalist Adele wowed American audience with her stirring “Rolling In The Deep” video and debut single from her second album 21.

With so many big names thrown into the hat, it will be interesting to see how the list of nominees will pan out. The question remains, however: who do you think will walk away with the coveted trophies? Be sure to tune in tonight to MTV at 11 p.m. ET/8 p.m. ET to catch a special preview show for the 2011 MTV VMAs featuring some surprise guests ahead of a live stream listing all the 2011 VMA nominees on MTV.com.
    The 2011 MTV Video Music Awards take place August 28 in Los Angeles at 9 p.m. ET at the Nokia Theatre.
    ill be wating for the nominees, but If you ask me its either lupe,lil wayne or rosay who will win (kanye west didnt have a big year in 2011, but 2010 was his year tho)

but anyways there is a poll in the website tho and the most votes are wayne, didnt expect that lol

Originally posted by Shake
    Why so negative all the time???

Re: Kanye, Lil Wayne, Ross, Who Will Come Up Big For Tonights VMA Nominations?

is the nominee list out already

Comment

waynes ganna win.

#KnuckIfYouBuckBoiii

Comment

Originally posted by vocker View Post
        ill be wating for the nominees, but If you ask me its either lupe,lil wayne or rosay who will win (kanye west didnt have a big year in 2011, but 2010 was his year tho)

but anyways there is a poll in the website tho and the most votes are wayne, didnt expect that lol

Beyonce has the most votes, she's blowing everyone out. Unless you're talking about only the Hip-Hop artist?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoon View Post
          Beyonce has the most votes, she's blowing everyone out. Unless you're talking about only the Hip-Hop artist?
          damn i just saw, i swear to god before i posted this there where 0 votes for beyonce, i guess she is blowing eveyone out lol
          Originally posted by Shake
          Why so negative all the time???

Comment

Working...
          X