• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Since Wayne has Ultimately

Originally posted by TheRealMH View Post
    That's plain being a sellout
    But yall mad about being a sell out
    I personally don't see the problem with it
    The only problem with it is the negative stigma that hampers it. Many people see selling out as a very negative thing; you are one of the only people that enjoys Wayne selling out, though I still believe he hasn't sold out.

Being a sell out
    Doesn't mean you sell very much -.-
    It means to do anything to gain attention from people who normally do not listen to your music
    The purpose of selling out is to become more popular, which implies more fans and more sales. Obviously, Rebirth didn't do that.

Comment

To answer OP, I expect an mainstream album. Something like C3 sadly.

I disagree that a mixture of HTL and Lollipop will be epic.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportz View Post
        The only problem with it is the negative stigma that hampers it. Many people see selling out as a very negative thing; you are one of the only people that enjoys Wayne selling out, though I still believe he hasn't sold out.
        Why do you think he hasn't sold out?

Comment

Originally posted by Franknstein View Post
          To answer OP, I expect an mainstream album. Something like C3 sadly.

I disagree that a mixture of HTL and Lollipop will be epic.
          Being sarcastic tbh

Comment

Why do you think he hasn't sold out?
            Because I see "selling out" as when an artist veers from the norm in order to SOLELY gain more fans and sales. In my eyes, Wayne has done what he has done because it is exactly what he wants to do. He himself says he wants to not just be the Best Rapper Alive, but he wants to be one of the best musicians alive. Sure, more fans and sales have come because of Lollipop, Got Money, Mrs. Officer, and How to Love, but that doesn't negate the fact that Wayne made these songs because he wanted to.

Basically, the reason Cody made this thread was to cover his own ass. When C4 sells really well, he is going to defend himself by saying that Wayne sold out so his sales aren't legitimate.

Comment

The purpose of selling out is to become more popular, which implies more fans and more sales. Obviously, Rebirth didn't do that.
              The people that bought Rebirth might differ a lot from the buyers off C3, so all the people who weren't intrested in wayne at first might be now .
              So the "fans" wayne gained because of rebirth might buy another wanye album in the future.

I hope you understand what I mean

Comment

The people that bought Rebirth might differ a lot from the buyers off C3, so all the people who weren't intrested in wayne at first might be now .
                So the "fans" wayne gained because of rebirth might buy another wanye album in the future.

I hope you understand what I mean
                I understand what you're saying and I hope me arguing with you doesn't anger you; I'm just trying to have an educated argument. I still think that a lot of the people that bought Rebirth also bought C3, but I don't think there are statistics to prove that unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Cody View Post
                  Being sarcastic tbh
                  Gathered that lol, putting my opinion out anyway.

Wayne has sold out smh, whether that's positive or negative however may vary.

Quality or mainstream acceptance.

You decide which is more important.

Comment

Originally posted by Franknstein View Post
                    Gathered that lol, putting my opinion out anyway.

Wayne has sold out smh, whether that's positive or negative however may vary.

Quality or mainstream acceptance.

You decide which is more important.
                    His mainstream acceptance has come because he makes quality music. And he only makes diverse quality songs because it is actually what he wants to do. His mainstream acceptance has not come because of selling out.

Comment

His mainstream acceptance has come because he makes quality music. And he only makes diverse quality songs because it is actually what he wants to do. His mainstream acceptance has not come because of selling out.
                      No.

Comment

That's actually what he wants you to think tbh... and it's working.

He's obviously not going to talk down on his own shit and what's making him $$

Comment

I understand what you're saying and I hope me arguing with you doesn't anger you; I'm just trying to have an educated argument. I still think that a lot of the people that bought Rebirth also bought C3, but I don't think there are statistics to prove that unfortunately.
                          I do think that too, but I think like about 5-10% of the sales are from new wayne listeners

I understand where our opinions differ too,
                          So my question is: why do you think Wayne waited this long before making a Rock/whatever album, since he really wanted it?

Comment

Working...
                          X