Weezy, Wayne, and Tunechi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weezy, Wayne, and Tunechi

The way I see things is like this: There are three parts of Lil Wayne in my opinion: Weezy, Lil Wayne, and now Tunechi. Three parts of the same person who all kinda rap differently to me and I differentate them like this:

Weezy: The era of Hot Boys up until Tha Carter 2. The raw rap, straight street rapper. He was still lyrical but emphasized the "hood-ness" and rawness of just straight rap. No sugar-coating it or nothing.

Key Album: Tha Carter II
    Key Mixtape: Sqad Up Series

Lil Wayne: The timeframe between Tha Carter 2 and prison. When he developed the heavy simile and metaphor style. This is basically when he was considered by many the "Best Rapper Alive". High on syrup and weed most of the time, this is the time when he crafted most fan favorites.
    Key Album: Tha Carter III
    Key Mixtape: No Ceilings or Da Drought III (each good in their own right. D3 was the beginning of the Lil Wayne era and NC was near the end)

Tunechi: Post-prison Wayne up until now (save for CIV since we have yet to hear it in its entirety). Though the general style is the same as the one above, it's more of Lil Wayne trying to add the Weezy aspect back to his rhymes. Though some say it's not as good as the Lil Wayne of CIII/No Ceilings time, Tunechi still has rhyming skills above most rappers though I think it was due to him being locked up that allowed him to realize that he might have had more fans when people remembered the rawness of Weezy (I kinda noticed that he has cut back on his use of metaphors/similes and increased the straight rawness of it)
    Key Album: ??? (Possibly Tha Carter IV)
    Key Mixtape: Sorry 4 The Wait

Yeah, this is all kinda random and weird as fuck but it's something I thought of while high and decided to post when I came down from that high lol.
    BUT THIS PIMP IS, AT THE TOP OF MOUNT OLYMPUS
    READY FOR THE WORLD'S GAMES, THIS IS MY OLYMPICS

Re: Weezy, Wayne, and Tunechi

I noticed the exact same thing before. Exact.
    I wasn't high though.
    I had posted it in the old C4 thread.

Comment

Comment

Lol, the more I payed attention, the more I noticed it seems like they are three almost completely different rappers. Weezy and Lil Wayne's rap style are so different, I can see why some people would think that he had a ghost-writer (which I don't think)
        BUT THIS PIMP IS, AT THE TOP OF MOUNT OLYMPUS
        READY FOR THE WORLD'S GAMES, THIS IS MY OLYMPICS

Comment

Originally posted by Lord of Kaos View Post
          The way I see things is like this: There are three parts of Lil Wayne in my opinion: Weezy, Lil Wayne, and now Tunechi. Three parts of the same person who all kinda rap differently to me and I differentate them like this:

Weezy: The era of Hot Boys up until Tha Carter 2. The raw rap, straight street rapper. He was still lyrical but emphasized the "hood-ness" and rawness of just straight rap. No sugar-coating it or nothing.

Key Album: Tha Carter II
          Key Mixtape: Sqad Up Series

Lil Wayne: The timeframe between Tha Carter 2 and prison. When he developed the heavy simile and metaphor style. This is basically when he was considered by many the "Best Rapper Alive". High on syrup and weed most of the time, this is the time when he crafted most fan favorites.
          Key Album: Tha Carter III
          Key Mixtape: No Ceilings or Da Drought III (each good in their own right. D3 was the beginning of the Lil Wayne era and NC was near the end)

Tunechi: Post-prison Wayne up until now (save for CIV since we have yet to hear it in its entirety). Though the general style is the same as the one above, it's more of Lil Wayne trying to add the Weezy aspect back to his rhymes. Though some say it's not as good as the Lil Wayne of CIII/No Ceilings time, Tunechi still has rhyming skills above most rappers though I think it was due to him being locked up that allowed him to realize that he might have had more fans when people remembered the rawness of Weezy (I kinda noticed that he has cut back on his use of metaphors/similes and increased the straight rawness of it)
          Key Album: ??? (Possibly Tha Carter IV)
          Key Mixtape: Sorry 4 The Wait

Yeah, this is all kinda random and weird as fuck but it's something I thought of while high and decided to post when I came down from that high lol.
          mixtape should be dedication 4.... not a rushed project.
          Twitter

Comment

Weezy is my favorite

Comment

Lil Wayne was the best.

Fuck Tunechi, weak ass nigga.

Comment

huh...nah u thinkin too much lol the name association thing is funny to me

What comes easy, won't Last. What Lasts won't come easy.

Comment

he's also called himself Wizzle

so thats another one

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Xclusive View Post
                    he's also called himself Wizzle

so thats another one
                    lmao shut up ur adding to the sillyness

What comes easy, won't Last. What Lasts won't come easy.

Comment

I agree with ya, I've thought of the same too.

Comment

Originally posted by ABjerg View Post
                        I agree with ya, I've thought of the same too.

Comment

Working...
                        X