What are Wayne's Classics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are Wayne's Classics?

Basically I want to know....What do you think Wayne's classic ALBUMS are and what you think his classic MIXTAPES are....I hear people say different things, and the word classic is thrown around for any old album these days, so I wanna know which albums you consider "Classic" rap albums, and which mixtapes you consider "Classic" Mixtapes...

Re: What are Wayne's Classics?

C2, D2, DD3, The Leak, C3, NC, C4

Comment

Suffix, D2, DD3, CII, CIII.
      ​repetition is the father of learning

Comment

Originally posted by Sportz View Post
        C2, D2, DD3, The Leak, C3, NC, C4
        C4 isn't a classic... yet.
        Know Yourself

Comment

D2, DD3, C2.

Cmon people don't say C4 is a classic when it just got leaked the other day.

Comment

I mean I'll say Suffix, DD3, D2, No Ceilings...My opinion is he only has one classic album, which is C2...Don't see how anyone can say that C3 or C4 are even near being considered classic rap albums...Hope people know that's putting it in a class with Blueprint, Ready To Die, Illmatic(yes i listened to it), Reasonable Doubt, Me Against The World etc...Don't think they can touch those or be put in the same category...I mean it's a whole new generation of music also, so it's harder to judge how we perceive these albums...but people just say "Classic" now like anything good is a classic smh...C2 tho >>>>>>>

Comment

My favorite classic of Wayne has to be The Drought 3.
              Know Yourself

Comment

Originally posted by clong3200 View Post
                I mean I'll say Suffix, DD3, D2, No Ceilings...My opinion is he only has one classic album, which is C2...Don't see how anyone can say that C3 or C4 are even near being considered classic rap albums...Hope people know that's putting it in a class with Blueprint, Ready To Die, Illmatic(yes i listened to it), Reasonable Doubt, Me Against The World etc...Don't think they can touch those or be put in the same category...I mean it's a whole new generation of music also, so it's harder to judge how we perceive these albums...but people just say "Classic" now like anything good is a classic smh...C2 tho >>>>>>>

Comment

Lil Wayne fans that have listened to him a good while will consider CII a classic because it is. (IMO)

But, CIII will go down in the history books as his classic. That's the only reason I say CIII.
                  ​repetition is the father of learning

Comment

Dedication 2, Drought 3....Carter II
                    Mississippi x California x North Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Immaculate View Post
                      Lil Wayne fans that have listened to him a good while will consider CII a classic because it is. (IMO)

But, CIII will go down in the history books as his classic. That's the only reason I say CIII.
                      Yea I mean it will always be seen as a critical and mainstream success...But if your looking at the actual subject matter combined with lyrics smh.lol
                      Last edited by clong3200; 08-26-2011, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Immaculate View Post

C3 era was just fucking epic, the album was not all that good

still had some great tracks though
                        THIS AIN'T NOTHING TO RELATE TO.

last.fm || twitter

Comment

Working...
                        X