Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do yall think people don't see lil wayne as amazing anymore cause...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do yall think people don't see lil wayne as amazing anymore cause...

When he first started saying those crazy punchlines or crazy flows that made you cover your face and made you think "WOW, how does he think of that"... and because he has been doing that for a while its not "new" its something he has just been doing for awhile, therefore people arent appreciating it as much as they used to because now everybodys trying to do it?? Idk just a thought what yall think???

Re: Do yall think people don't see lil wayne as amazing anymore cause...

I think the lines have lost their edge. I'm not hating Wayne though because when he's just flowing and not forcing the lines it's great.

To me the She Will lines seemed forced. Blunt Blowin was more "natural"

Comment

i think that people don't see Wayne as being amazing anymore because people expect soooo much from him nowadays. Back in 07-08 he was featured on everybodies songs killing each song with his verses. He set the bar so high for himself that it's really tough to impress people nowadays.

And yes his punchline flow is over-used, but that's because weezy creates so much music. People want hear Wayne spittin' raw shit nowadays
      I'm The Opposite of What A Great Rapper is Not!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO-ofEXtC4k
      Well If Life is A Bitch, Then I'm Fucking All Your Lives...
      -YouNeeK

Comment

Yeah i feel you, like i think he just needs to go in the booth tell him to start from scratch not trying to ht any audience just to go in, and when that happens well get that drought 3 wayne

Comment

Its just that before the lines were new and fresh.....Lil Wayne has gotten repetitive to the point where you hear him and not be amazed by his lines anymore...I remember always listening to his music and thinking...how the fuck did he even think of that shit...now its more of oh that shit is cool...TO ME his delivery played a major role also and he is not being inventive with his lyrics or flow...
          Mississippi x California x North Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by WeeZy iZ RaaaW View Post
            i think that people don't see Wayne as being amazing anymore because people expect soooo much from him nowadays. Back in 07-08 he was featured on everybodies songs killing each song with his verses. He set the bar so high for himself that it's really tough to impress people nowadays.

And yes his punchline flow is over-used, but that's because weezy creates so much music. People want hear Wayne spittin' raw shit nowadays
            People wanna hear him spitting like he used to with Hot Boy$ or Tha Carter II.

Comment

Originally posted by Lil_Tunechi View Post
              People wanna hear him spitting like he used to with Hot Boy$ or Tha Carter II.
              Personnaly i wanna hear him spit like dedication 2 or Carter II
              -YouNeeK

Comment

Originally posted by WeeZy iZ RaaaW View Post
                Personnaly i wanna hear him spit like dedication 2 or Carter II
                Well I get +1/2 then.
                Tbh, Mainstream Hip-Hop and Hurricane Katrina fucked up Wayne.

Comment

Well I get +1/2 then.
                  no i agree with you that's just my preference ya Wayne's ego is fucking huge right now, he can do whatever on a track and he knows people will eat it up. Like in the video of the making of She Will he thought he was god with his punchlines, when in reality he could have done 10 times better with his lyrics and flow on that beat.
                  -YouNeeK

Comment

Well I get +1/2 then.
                    Not neccisarilly, Hurrican Katrina was in 2005, from 05-08 Wayne was at his best. I mean Hurricane Katrina did move Wayne outta his hometown and really hasnt fucked with his hood like that since, but musically Wayne was at his best after Katrina up until 08

Comment

I know for a fact if he went into the Carter II Dedication II and Da drought 3 and The Carter III Sessions(The one that had Im a beast, I feel like dying, etc.) He would not only solidify himself to a lot of those that are doubting him now, but if he does get that hunger back theres not really telling how much he can do

Comment

Originally posted by hyped_dapz_28 View Post
                        I know for a fact if he went into the Carter II Dedication II and Da drought 3 and The Carter III Sessions(The one that had Im a beast, I feel like dying, etc.) He would not only solidify himself to a lot of those that are doubting him now, but if he does get that hunger back theres not really telling how much he can do
                        he needs some motivation, that's why i would absolutely love to see a Wayne and Jay-Z diss, but probably won't happen.
                        -YouNeeK

Comment

Working...
                        X