Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why has Lil Wayne almost the last verse on a song with two other artists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why has Lil Wayne almost the last verse on a song with two other artists?

the problem with this is when they play the songs in the clubs they always cut it half way thru the song because it's too long for the club and sometimes this means wayne's verses are cut

but ya to answer your question it's because "save the best for last"

Comment

i kinda always wondered this also but like everyone is sayin save the best for last what my guess is also

Comment

The artist that features Wayne knows that Wayne's verse will be the highlight. They don't want people to listen to Wayne and then change the song after his part because then they won't be heard lol.

Sometimes the verses after Wayne are worth listening to (ex.: T. I. on Swagga Like Us)
        "Armed and dangerous, rich and famous, young and restless
        Guns and stretchers
        Cristal and dubs for breakfast
        I just got one suggestion - none should test him
        'Cause cuz get hectic; send one through your sons intestines
        Glocks knock lungs from chests, you get the portrait?
        Bodies piled up on porches, it won't be gorgeous"

Comment

Originally posted by tha_chronic View Post
          the problem with this is when they play the songs in the clubs they always cut it half way thru the song because it's too long for the club and sometimes this means wayne's verses are cut

but ya to answer your question it's because "save the best for last"
          They usually cut the middle verse (i.e. Young Jeezy's verse in I'm So Paid). But, to answer the question in the OP, they put him last on the track so most people will listen to the entire track in order to hear Wayne's verse, they save the best for last, and they want to show respect to the Best Rapper Alive.

Originally posted by Tunechi Lionches View Post
          The artist that features Wayne knows that Wayne's verse will be the highlight. They don't want people to listen to Wayne and then change the song after his part because then they won't be heard lol.

Sometimes the verses after Wayne are worth listening to (ex.: T. I. on Swagga Like Us)
          Really? I thought he had the worst verse on the song.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Xclusive View Post
            save the best for last
            this^
            Thats why Em is last on Forever tbh. Best verse of tha year

If Wayne was first on every song id just listen to him then change to next song

Comment

Save the best for the last... Thats why in the three songs with Em, Em always goes last lol.

Comment

So ppl can actually hear your song..... So u put Wayne at the end so they gotta hear your song

Comment

Working...
                X